Lots Of Ducks

BigJohnnyBKK

you can certainly have hell and heaven together.

I find they tend to alternate, sometimes even rapidly within a given time period.

But always less due to the external events themselves than my internal attitude, my ability to choose my reaction or to refrain from reacting at all.

Tell that to the kids that live at the dump.

They usually already know. Haven't you noticed the natural joy that shines through little kids even in the worst of circumstances?

The problem IMO is the degree to which we lose that as we "grow up", so that someone can post what is in my mind a complete contradiction like:

beautiful, but your point is???

If you break your pencil...its pointless.

you can certainly have hell and heaven together.

I find they tend to alternate, sometimes even rapidly within a given time period.

But always less due to the external events themselves than my internal attitude, my ability to choose my reaction or to refrain from reacting at all.

I hear you buddy , not always easy keeping it real, but we try.

by the way, would there really be heaven with out hell, or are they two sides of the same sandwich, with all the juicy meat in between?

beautiful, but your point is???

"That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in."

, especially for you dear.

Sorry I couldn't find it in French. . .

And a bit more:

May the stars carry your sadness away,

May the flowers fill your heart with
beauty

May hope forever wipe away your tears,

And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

well well

looks like I was the only one to actually see beauty in this, which is a nice point

Everyone else got into technical

The Fool Looks At The Finger That Points To The Sky whistling.gif

• Like 1

Would there really be heaven without hell, or are they two sides of the same sandwich, with all the juicy meat in between?

Yes, consistent heaven would certainly get boring at least from my current POV. Nice to have some misery to make you fully appreciate the joy, as long as the former is the exception to the latter's rule.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Yeah its sweet n all...but whats your point ??

The smell of my babies head when she falls asleep in my arms is sweet.

Does it have a point? No.

But if I could share the experience with you I would.

And maybe you would be a bit happier, if only for a little while.

Why would I want to smell your babies head ??

Strange.

I was referring to my internal experience of joy, which I'd already indicated (regretfully) was impossible.

Except perhaps through non-left-brain media, few of which are transmissible via the intertubes, but video and poetry are such examples.

Are you sure they are ducks and not geese.

They are most definitely ducks that we used to call Indian Runners.Remember if it looks like a duck,walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's more than likely a duck.

They're used in the rice paddies to eat the left over rice after it is harvested and to eat the "cherry snails" after the paddies are flooded and the new rice is planted. The cherry snails eat the roots of the newly planted rice.

Nice organic approach...shall keep that in mind.

Isn't there an english duck called a spotted dick or such ??

Does the blether write your copy for you ? Edited by Ron19

Why did the duck cross the road ?

There's gotta be a chicken-joke in there somewhere ! smile.png

"Why did the duck cross the road?"

- "To prove he's no chicken."

I've come across metaphysical explanations that the chicken's depressed by his lot in life, looking to commit suicide, to get run over by a lorry, where "the other side" of course is death.

And **when** in our modern society will fowl be able to cross the road in peace without everyone questioning their motives? I mean WHEN??

Pea n' ham from a chicken ?

Now that is clever

Please explain, like I'm five years old.

tis work fellows twa , motorin hame in a PO van aroon some darkened lanes o' scotia , blabbering aboot yon guid wifees wifee fare , yon wifee has a chicken , but , unexplicably of course, yon wifee maketh pea and ham soup from a chicken . cue canned lefter and general hilarirty

• Like 1