Killer Of Aussie Tourist Told To Surrender

Lite Beer

Fortunately, the lady who had her arm cut, and is alive and well, will be able to look at whomever the police bring forward as suspects, so that she state that they have the right man or they don't.

I would not be surprised if the police eventually make a statement concerning it being dark, and the Australian lady not getting a clear view of the suspects, and that she is not sure if the suspect they present is correct or not.

This is bad for Phuket Tourism on the basis of dangerous crime, but it is especially bad for Phuket Tourism on the basis of the actions by police and their statements concerning the crime.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately, the lady who had her arm cut, and is alive and well, will be able to look at whomever the police bring forward as suspects, so that she state that they have the right man or they don't.

I would not be surprised if the police eventually make a statement concerning it being dark, and the Australian lady not getting a clear view of the suspects, and that she is not sure if the suspect they present is correct or not.

This is bad for Phuket Tourism on the basis of dangerous crime, but it is especially bad for Phuket Tourism on the basis of the actions by police and their statements concerning the crime.

Unless a suspect is shot at the arrest location then case closed no need for a positive I.D. Thai style. Hopefully that will not be the case but the police have already issued a statement that he may be shot and covered the bases

What Thailand seems to fail to recognize is that the crime has already been committed. The horse has left the barn and is running in the field. Frantically closing the barn door does not alter the fact. If the police do indeed catch the killers it really does not remove the stigma that you may be killed on your tropical holiday. It will simply save a bit of face for the police dept.

This latest bit of news about knowing who they are and threatening to shoot them is just more weird BIB police work. Sort of makes it look like they are going to shoot a couple of local bad boys, and then declare the case solved.

This really is a case the boss having a cunning plan and the subordinates not having the balls to tell him that making an announcement like this isn't such a good idea.

They will randomly shoot two guys they can fit up with the offence.

It is disturbing indeed because they can just go out and shoot anybody who's a close fit to just end all the bad press and get this story out of the news which is primarily what they want.

• Like 1

I'm not a policeman, however if I was I don't think I would advertise in the national press.........we know who you are, we know where you are, give yourself up or we'll shoot you.

I would more inclined to just go get the guy........

Thai police work in mysterious ways

It'll save them some footwork, if he surrender at a police station. tongue.png

How many police does it take to hold a press conference??

While 300 of them were sitting there who was out looking for the offenders, and who was out collecting tea money while all these dopes sat in the station hoping to have their ugly mugs on tv

• Like 2

there is footage available of the murder... read the paper with green...

the guy gets off the motorbike, stabs the women in the chest, and then tries to grab the bag...

so it looks to me...

ok, maybe not...watched again...

but the number plate should be possible to decipher...

michelle smith, the murdered travel agent, is the one in the light (white) dress, being attacked first?

An arrest warrant was issued yesterday for the men whose identity is known.

then no reason, to hold back any names and passport pics etc...

Edited by dingdang

the guy gets off the motorbike, stabs the women in the chest, and then tries to grab the bag...

so it looks to me...

CCTV of Phuket murder:

http://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews

• Like 1

" Yesterday, Pansiri chaired a meeting of senior Phuket officers at the local police headquarters, during which he stressed the importance of restoring tourist confidence following the incident.

He said police would get tough with local influential figures who abused foreign tourists and caused much damage to the country's tourism reputation. "

violin.gif

' Amazing Lieland '

"If the suspects resist arrest, police may have to defend themselves and the suspects may end up being killed in a justifiable homicide," he said.

Wow, must remember to include that brainwave in the police training manual that I'm going to write one day. :(

so it looks to me...

CCTV of Phuket murder:

That doesn't look/sound like CCTV footage, unless the post the camera was attached to is known for heavy breathing.

Edited by Thaddeus

about 30 years ago I lived on a soi off Petchaburi Rd in Bangkok and there were two guys on a motorbike that were snatching gold chains from ladies walking along the soi. the Police caught them and warned them to stop, but they started up again after the warning. One day they disappeared and all the neighbors said this was usual and that they were taken someplace and shot dead.

• Like 2

so it looks to me...

CCTV of Phuket murder:

That doesn't look/sound like CCTV footage, unless the post the camera was attached to is known for heavy breathing.

It's a video taken of a screen playing the video. Thai IT.

since when would you need an arrest warrant for murder, I can just see it now, "we come to arrest you for murder, we have you on CCTV",,,,,,no it wouldnt be me, maybe someone look like me, you know we all look same to falangs",,,,ok if you not come with us then you wait here, we come back 24 hours with arrest warrant krub"

do they have the number plate on the motor bike?

the footage showed them on the motorbike from the back, not straight, but with special software police can make a lot of things visible...

They got only one number on the plate from the enhanced CCTV footage.

"This is an important case that must be solved urgently. We should not let only two people cause damage to Phuket's tourism. I promise that police will arrest those two perpetrators as soon as possible," Pansiri said.

Shame with Thai men like this, everything boiling down to $$$.

One day human life will be viewed on an index. So sad.

I think your post would've been better phrased shame some Thai men like this.

By the way, interesting the 'reward' is 300k. That's the going rate nowadays for bribing police captains and local prosecutors.

Oh dear lord. So, and excuse me if you do not read this the same way, but are they basically saying that there is some poor sod out there who owes the cops some cash who is going to be executed in the next few days following by lots of pictures and a press gathering being told "this is the guy, we got him, he resisted and we shot him 129 times".

Edited by Pseudolus

What Thailand seems to fail to recognize is that the crime has already been committed. The horse has left the barn and is running in the field. Frantically closing the barn door does not alter the fact. If the police do indeed catch the killers it really does not remove the stigma that you may be killed on your tropical holiday. It will simply save a bit of face for the police dept.

This latest bit of news about knowing who they are and threatening to shoot them is just more weird BIB police work. Sort of makes it look like they are going to shoot a couple of local bad boys, and then declare the case solved.

As I posted in a previous post. The police seem to know who the offenders are. They just don't know where they are. Maybe they know that these offenders have a history of violence prior to this incident and are of the belief that they will not go quitely.We have all seen this type in Thailand before at one time or another. So I am thinking the warning is an attempt at self preservation. Nobody, no matter how hard one thinks they are, wants to go into any situation where they are risking getting themselves killed whilst trying to arrest armed thugs,possibley high on drugs and looking at life in prison. Bad situation for any law enforcement.

So, let me get this straight, they know their whereabouts, but offer a reward that leads to the arrest of the guys? It very much sounds to me like they know <Snip> all and try to trick the assailants into surrender!!! Is this the best they can come up with?

Edited by metisdead

I'm not a policeman, however if I was I don't think I would advertise in the national press.........we know who you are, we know where you are, give yourself up or we'll shoot you.

That is because they have no idea who done it ! They are now hoping for 2 Thais to hand them selves in

it is a little like poking a wasps nest in the hope that something will come out, then it could end up being holy &lt;deleted&gt;.

Besides, with the 2 Thais shot, as they are actually pre-anouncing here already, it is gonna be a ready made shut case, no more evidence needed, and moving on with daily activities.

Does anyone really care about Phuket's tourism on this site? I certainly don't after watching the CCTV video of the woman being violently stabbed. Travellers should go to Vietnam, Vientiane, Laos. Go to Cambodia. Nice places.

They don't know where they are, they are on the run - they just know their usual address form their identification, hence : "Police are hunting for..." With these reports we always have to 'interpret' to make any sense.

"This is an important case that must be solved urgently. We should not let only two people cause damage to Phuket's tourism. I promise that police will arrest those two perpetrators as soon as possible," Pansiri said.

Shame with Thai men like this, everything boiling down to $$$.

One day human life will be viewed on an index. So sad.

I think your post would've been better phrased shame some Thai men like this.

By the way, interesting the 'reward' is 300k. That's the going rate nowadays for bribing police captains and local prosecutors.

And passing your police entry exams it would seem!

Re an earlier comment it always amuses me too how many police there are hanging around when the press cameras are reporting a serious crime and yet how few you see in crime hotspots like Phuket to protect the unwary toursist in the first place.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2