What Supplements/Vitamins Are You Taking?

Tolley

Vitamin B & C, Garlic, Cod Liver Oil (If "no have" then I use Fish Oil)

Why, because I am using it already for a long time and it's a hard habit to break and it's good for me biggrin.png

Edit: // Forgot to add why

Edited by MJCM

AST multi vitamin: Cause i eat an extremely basic diet and would certainly be deficient in one aspect, even if i noticed it or not.

Optimum chocolate toffee protein: Cause consuming 200g of protein via solid food is a pain in ass and stomach.

AI sport BCAAs: Supposed to promote recoverey and all that but i use it mainly to encourage drinking more water without added calories. 120 servings for 30$ and taste great with 2 scoops per 1.5liter bottle. 0 calories

Allmax Razor 8: More energy then anything ive ever used. I prefer white flood but this is what i have currently.

Why, because I am using it already for a long time and it's a hard habit to break and it's good for me biggrin.png

difference cod liver oil vs fish oil? huh.png

difference cod liver oil vs fish oil? huh.png

Here in Thailand Cod Liver Oil is sometimes hard to get, I have it usually brought over from Europe.

But when I don't have ("No have" what you hear in many Thai Stores) then I use the Fish Oil.

Edited by MJCM

Opti men from optimum nutrition (soon to be replaced with anverite of Gaspari nutrition) Basically stronger and more expensive vitamins and extra's

Fish oil capsules

Flax seed (grinded and oil)

Sometimes Potein powders for shakes

Pre workout drinks like super pump max and white flood

Quite a lot but i feel better when i use it might be placebo effect but hell it works for me.

White Flood seems popular ? It doesnt have creatine which for me is a good thing so i read but it is hard to get a guage on all the nutrients.

I take tribulus and an anti oxidant formula but then again I am not a hardcore bodybuider just a guy who trains a few times a week for the last 25 years or so.

White Flood seems popular ? It doesnt have creatine which for me is a good thing so i read but it is hard to get a guage on all the nutrients.

I take tribulus and an anti oxidant formula but then again I am not a hardcore bodybuider just a guy who trains a few times a week for the last 25 years or so.

I am not sure if i am hardcore. I just love to train. But yes white flood is popular and yes its hard to see what is in it. Its popular too because its one of the more affordable options out there.

Its affordable, taste good, long energy and for me i dont like my preworkouts to have creatine. I take x2 scoops of white flood if that had lets say 3-4g per serving id be getting a bit of extra creatine which just means holding onto some extra water. Also i never crash on it which is probably the biggest plus. After I wind down from my workout on my current allmax i feel like a truck hit me. Takes all my strength to not fall asleep on the BTS

I take:

Omega 3

Bios

Bios C

Mannos

Core Basic Health

Chloraphyll

Blueberry extract

Soy Protein

Calcium Extract

Revive

It really is all very good for my health................especially since these products are part of my Wife's business!!thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just about to finish a jar of Superpump MAX tomorrow and should get a delivery of NO Explode Tuesday or Wednesday. Superpump is good but I want to cycle things about and try a few different pre-workout supps. Also using CYTOSPORT Complete Whey as a post workout and general protien supp.

Main thing is I eat a healthy diet of whole foods, fruit, veg, legumes, limit fat, salt and cholesterol intake and eat lots of fish and lean chicken.

Some days I feel bulletproof n' Luv'n it.

Edited by damo

AST multi vitamin: Cause i eat an extremely basic diet and would certainly be deficient in one aspect, even if i noticed it or not.

Optimum chocolate toffee protein: Cause consuming 200g of protein via solid food is a pain in ass and stomach.

AI sport BCAAs: Supposed to promote recoverey and all that but i use it mainly to encourage drinking more water without added calories. 120 servings for 30$ and taste great with 2 scoops per 1.5liter bottle. 0 calories

Allmax Razor 8: More energy then anything ive ever used. I prefer white flood but this is what i have currently.

What is it that you prefer about White Flood over Razor 8? Thanks. Yeah..... guess I didn't read far enough before asking my question..... Edited by LeftCoaster

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to finish a jar of Superpump MAX tomorrow and should get a delivery of NO Explode Tuesday or Wednesday. Superpump is good but I want to cycle things about and try a few different pre-workout supps. Also using CYTOSPORT Complete Whey as a post workout and general protien supp.

Main thing is I eat a healthy diet of whole foods, fruit, veg, legumes, limit fat, salt and cholesterol intake and eat lots of fish and lean chicken.

Some days I feel bulletproof n' Luv'n it.

Interesting. I'm a Superpump fan, but have just ordered some NO Xplode 2 to see how it compares. Will let you know after my broken foot allows me to start training again.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. I'm a Superpump fan, but have just ordered some NO Xplode 2 to see how it compares. Will let you know after my broken foot allows me to start training again.

IMO all pre-workout supplements are a waste of money. After taking them for a while you won't notice anything but if you stop taking them you'll notice lower performance because you've relied on them. They're a great money spinner for these supplement manufacturers as they're getting you all hooked and mentally addicted to them. The splashy ads plastered all over the bodybuilding sites could make you think you're missing out by not taking them.

Reading about all the stuff people are taking I'd have to wonder how I've managed to get through 36 years of mostly good workouts without any of these. A good breakfast should be all you need along with some personal drive and motivation. A good 10 to 15 minute warmup to get the circulatory system working at an optimal level is all you should really need. Rowing is one of the best exercises for this purpose because it makes you breathe rhythmically and forcefully and warms up all the major muscles of the body while oxygenating the whole system.

Edited by tropo

IMO all pre-workout supplements are a waste of money. After taking them for a while you won't notice anything but if you stop taking them you'll notice lower performance because you've relied on them. They're a great money spinner for these supplement manufacturers as they're getting you all hooked and mentally addicted to them. The splashy ads plastered all over the bodybuilding sites could make you think you're missing out by not taking them.

Reading about all the stuff people are taking I'd have to wonder how I've managed to get through 36 years of mostly good workouts without any of these. A good breakfast should be all you need along with some personal drive and motivation. A good 10 to 15 minute warmup to get the circulatory system working at an optimal level is all you should really need. Rowing is one of the best exercises for this purpose because it makes you breathe rhythmically and forcefully and warms up all the major muscles of the body while oxygenating the whole system.

I dont take any pre work out supplements but after a hard session I do take magnesium which does relax the muscles and is especially good for the heart.

As mentioned in my original post I do take a number of supplements that I have found to be beneficial for my general health.

You dont take any vitamins or supplements at all?

I dont take any pre work out supplements but after a hard session I do take magnesium which does relax the muscles and is especially good for the heart.

As mentioned in my original post I do take a number of supplements that I have found to be beneficial for my general health.

You dont take any vitamins or supplements at all?

I take a lot of supplements. I was referring to pre-workout energy formulations.

I do drink coffee before I go to the gym, but I don't notice anything from that because my body is too accustomed to it.

Edited by tropo

I agree that after a while you don't feel the difference of a pre workout drink. That is why you cycle on and off.

But its the same with your coffee or cafeine or whatever in the end you will get used to it. Anyway i do like my preworkout drinks but not for the pump. That never worked for me.

None - not any more!

Over decades, I hate to think what I've spent on vitamins and supplements - the marketing is endlessly compellingly, the temptation to buy what you think will finally give you the final 'elixir' never goes away - at least not until you look back over the years, and honestly judge the results.

In my case, after experimenting with almost everything you can think of, NOTHING MADE ANY DIFFERENCE and I wasted a small fortune on believing all the very persuasive hype.

If you need convincing, take a trek in Nepal, observe how the Sherpa porters can carry up to 30 kilos on their back up and down the mountains for 8 hours a day, seemingly tirelessly, and just see what they eat - very simple, uncomplicated, natural and nourishing food (and on my two treks, quite a lot of rum before they go to sleep)

Save your money for other things.

A good sensible diet, moderate exercise, doing something you believe in to the best of your ability, having good friends, a good woman, good thoughts (plus a few drinks here and there) are really all the vitamins you need, in my opinion.

None - not any more!

Over decades, I hate to think what I've spent on vitamins and supplements - the marketing is endlessly compellingly, the temptation to buy what you think will finally give you the final 'elixir' never goes away - at least not until you look back over the years, and honestly judge the results.

In my case, after experimenting with almost everything you can think of, NOTHING MADE ANY DIFFERENCE and I wasted a small fortune on believing all the very persuasive hype.

If you need convincing, take a trek in Nepal, observe how the Sherpa porters can carry up to 30 kilos on their back up and down the mountains for 8 hours a day, seemingly tirelessly, and just see what they eat - very simple, uncomplicated, natural and nourishing food (and on my two treks, quite a lot of rum before they go to sleep)

A good sensible diet, moderate exercise, doing something you believe in to the best of your ability, having good friends, a good woman, good thoughts (plus a few drinks here and there) are really all the vitamins you need, in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice but I have definitely greatly benefited from supplements.

Your example of sherpas probably is not very pertinent for most of us here.

None - not any more!

I can honestly say i have used stuff that made a great difference supplement wise. I got a body to prove it. I have felt different on different stuff and its not just placebo. There is however a lot of stuff you better avoid because it does not do a thing.