Truck Canopy/ Songthaew Covers Sellers

zeekgarcia

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying a truck but I want to have benches in the back but I do not want the top of the canopy to be much higher then the cab like it would be with the carryboy cityboy 840.

I like the songthaew tops here in CM because they are not that much higher than the top of the cab but I would prefer to have a solid canopy.

Does anyone have a truck with a carryboy / Sammitr/ regular canopy / cover and have benches in the back?

If yes how tall are your benches and can a person shorter than 6ft/182 cm ride in the back without hitting their head on the top going down the road?

What brand and model of the canopy/top do you have?

Does anyone know of someone that makes songthaew tops for trucks?

Has anyone ever had one made?

Does anyone know how much one should cost?

Thanks for your time and help

I don't have an address where Sonthaew covers are made, but would just like to highlight the differences between a carryboy style closed fiberglass canopy and an open Songthaew one:

In the closed version they can move airconditioning vents to the back. In the open version that obviously doesn't apply, but it's definitely breezier. BTW I don't think the 840 is significantly higher than a songthaew roof, if at all. And it looks a bit more aerodynamic. The songthaew roof of course is WAY cooler looking. And they can and do spray them in the car color so it matches nicely.

I personally like the all chrome colored ones they use in Pattaya in they way they look, but they're usually taller. (You can probably get them less tall too though, they're all custom made)