Missed 90 Day Report, But Went Out Of The Country 1 Month Before

Hi

On April 19th i went out of the country for a 2 week holiday back to the uk, came back to Thailand on the 5th of May. At the weekend just gone, i looked at my passport and notice i should have done my 90 days report on the 8th of june. To which i forgot all about with going out and returning to Thailand.

Will / Can, my 90 day report be class as when i left Thailand on the 19th April? and my 90 days reports starts again when i reported to immigration on my return on the 5th May.

Or am i going to get fined for missing my original 90 days report on the 8th june.

your help and advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The 90 day clock resets if you leave the country and a new period starts on your return.

So your next report is 90 days from the day you came back (5th May?), if you have a previous slip stating your report date remove it to avoid confusion (but don't throw it away just in case).

Thanks guy's,

makes me feel a bit better, for when i trudge to immigration and ask them for confirmation of new reporting date.

Don't go to immigration and ask for confirmation on a new reporting date.....they might find you annoying.

As stated by Crossy, the new period of 90 days started on 5-5-2012 and the new reporting date is on the 90th days after arrival......3-8-2012.

Indeed, remove the last 90 day-report from your passport and keep it somewhere safe.

There is no need to remove old report as it is still a requirement to present previous when making new report - they will see the new departure slip and exit/arrival stamp and count of 90 days will be from that point. As long as departure was prior to that previous report date there should not be any issue.

There is no need to remove old report as it is still a requirement to present previous when making new report - they will see the new departure slip and exit/arrival stamp and count of 90 days will be from that point. As long as departure was prior to that previous report date there should not be any issue.

Really, I throw them away before I get to exit immigration. Have been doing so for years. Never heard any requirment to have them when reporting, especially if you have reset the "clock". If they were needed, my HR rep would have told me to keep them.

TH

Edit: On second thought, maybe she makes a copy and gives that to immigration when she does the reports

TH

Edited by thaihome

Hi Guys

In preparing for making a visit to the immigration dept, although as mention above i don't have to go till the required date, i can't find my TM card, what you have to fill in on arrival. but from recollection i can't remember been given one back once i handed it in at Immigration. but not exactly sure on this.

What will happen at immgrations dept? or what can i do about it.

Advice much appreciated. Thanks

"Should not be.............." as stated in a previous post; leaving the old report un-necessarily MAY cause some confusion.

The only issue would be to explain if they do not find themselves - having report or not is not going to change that process - and old receipt is required for mail reporting. It is your proof that previous report has been made and should be retained until you have new proof.