What Are Your Favorite Buildings In Thailand

HipDude

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one in post 27 (don't know what it's called) is a blatant rip-off of the Bank of China Building in Hong Kong.

Very few good buildings outside Bangkok? Prasat Hin Phimai is at least as attractive as Phanomrung, but is hemmed in by buildings.

Chiangmai has few high-rise buildings, and none of distinction. The nineteenth-century buildings round the Three Kings Monument are attractive though.

My favourite building in Thailand?..................that's easy...........my home. thumbsup.gif

Pictures…where are the pictures?wink.png

I am only a novice VF, have tried to attach photo but am all thumbs.......once I can find out how to do it, trust me, you will like my home.

• Like 1

I love the Elephant Museum in Samut Prakarn - the circular base is the museum and then you walk up a staircase inside the leg of the three-headed elephant and the body is a beautiful temple. I really don't like anything traditional like temples so it was a surprise for me to like this one so much.

For modern buildings I think Chaeng Wattana building with the immigration department has a spectacular roof, it's always nice to enjoy the vastness of the inside.

The one in post 27 (don't know what it's called)

Thai Kasikorn Bank headquarters

The Siam Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok in 1970 (Now is Siam Paragon mall)

Stayed there on one of my pre-settlement visits, very nice, lovely lovely gardens. Torn down 2002?

I'm a big fan of Suvarnabhumi airport. Particularly the arrivals section.

I'm a big fan of Suvarnabhumi airport. Particularly the arrivals section.

......and the most Unfavourite......is the departure lounge. sad.png

• Like 1

I love the Elephant Museum in Samut Prakarn - the circular base is the museum and then you walk up a staircase inside the leg of the three-headed elephant and the body is a beautiful temple. I really don't like anything traditional like temples so it was a surprise for me to like this one so much.

For modern buildings I think Chaeng Wattana building with the immigration department has a spectacular roof, it's always nice to enjoy the vastness of the inside.

Not heard of the Elephant Museum. I'll Google it and grab some photos.

Agree with you about immigration at Chaeng Wattana. Not too much there in the way of food, though.

My favourite building in Thailand?..................that's easy...........my home. thumbsup.gif

Ok after much trial and error........I'll try and attach some pics.

Hope that works.

Are they pineapples in the foreground?

If so, I'm guessing Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Not heard of the Elephant Museum. I'll Google it and grab some photos.

Agree with you about immigration at Chaeng Wattana. Not too much there in the way of food, though.

It's on Sukhumvit road as you enter Samut Prakarn, a giant three-headed elephant surrounded by lovely gardens and ponds.

erawan-museum4.jpg

Normally temples are the last places I want to visit in Thailand but this one is inside the elephants body!

tour02b.jpg

You get there by walking up a stair case inside one of the elephant's leg - very interesting in itself.

The temples I usually get dragged to by my Thai wife have every imaginable superstitious practice - candles, incense, coin bowls, stick-shakers, lucky paper, gold leaf, oil bowls, water baths, bells and they are busy; everything is money, money, money. The elephant museum temple, probably because there is an entrance fee, is exactly how a temple should be in my view, peaceful and relaxing.

• Like 1

Ok after much trial and error........I'll try and attach some pics.

Hope that works.

Are they pineapples in the foreground?

If so, I'm guessing Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Pong Krating, Ratchaburi and yes they are pineapples in the foreground.

Cheers.