Ford Ranger And Wildtrack - Lead Times Are Months?

Hello Peeps.

I went to the local Ford dealer in Hua Hin to enquire about the Ranger and Wildtrack. I like them both and will probably go ahead and order one. The only issue is that I am being told lead time on a 4X2 double cab auto Ranger (809,000 THB) is September and the Wildtrack is next year sometime!

I once purchased a new Yariss which was delivered in under one week. Why is the lead time with a Ranger and/or Wildtrack so long?

Would I be better looking at other Ford dealers for a quicker lead time?

Also while I am posting this i may aswell ask..... Anyone out there with a new Ranger care to share a quick review/opinion about it? I test drove the manual 4X2 Ranger and enjoyed the ride - although I did feel the gears were very punchy. Changing up or down gave me a jolt even though I was nice and smoothe with the clutch.

Any feedback much appreciate, thanks so much

TLS

Actually, I was told 4 months for an XLT (see the other thread), and one year for the Wildtrak.

The reason given at one dealership: 80 % of the production is destined to be exported. Surprisingly enough, this was the very same reason given at Toyota to justify a 4-month waiting time for the Hilux 4WD MT.

I gonna wait for my Wildtrack 2.2, no other pick-up truck on the Thai market have applied to me as this one.

But okay we got a car already so its not the end of the world to us, if we didn't have a car already it would be a complete different matter.

They were saying next year for the Wildtrak back in March at the motor show...which means they really don't know.

I bought the Colorado LTZ 4x4. The wait was a few weeks.

It's just a truck, and I think all the new models are decent. Certainly wasn't worth waiting a year for.

I have finally received my new ranger 4x4 4 door Wildtrack 3.2lt diesel 6 speed auto, had it 3 weeks now I'm based in Phuket, it was ordered after the BKK motor show back in 2011 for my wife (I gave her my Fortuner after the first time I drove the new Wild track wife not happy but.....).

It's such a nice truck I've had 2 ranger 4x4's over the last 10 yrs and this is an entirely new beast it's awesome massive torque heaps of grunt, really nice handling, the 18" wheels give it a comfortable ride it corners very flat, steering is precise, braking system is the best so far in the rangers i've owned although still no rear disc's, auto is a smooth change holds gear well and shifts down nicely when needed.

In sport mode with the traction control off it's a lot of fun!

Lot's of buttons n gadgets, would have thought they'd throw in a GPS that's a bummer.

No off road YET only some dirt soi's & a cleared rubber plantation but heading up to the property in the N.W next week I want to try the auto decent system so will give you a report.

So far in a nut shell this has got to be the best pick up currently on the market I love it!

Sorry honey...

• Like 1

I have finally received my new ranger 4x4 4 door Wildtrack 3.2lt diesel 6 speed auto, had it 3 weeks now I'm based in Phuket, it was ordered after the BKK motor show back in 2011 for my wife (I gave her my Fortuner after the first time I drove the new Wild track wife not happy but.....).

It's such a nice truck I've had 2 ranger 4x4's over the last 10 yrs and this is an entirely new beast it's awesome massive torque heaps of grunt, really nice handling, the 18" wheels give it a comfortable ride it corners very flat, steering is precise, braking system is the best so far in the rangers i've owned although still no rear disc's, auto is a smooth change holds gear well and shifts down nicely when needed.

In sport mode with the traction control off it's a lot of fun!

Lot's of buttons n gadgets, would have thought they'd throw in a GPS that's a bummer.

No off road YET only some dirt soi's & a cleared rubber plantation but heading up to the property in the N.W next week I want to try the auto decent system so will give you a report.

So far in a nut shell this has got to be the best pick up currently on the market I love it!

Sorry honey...