Helmetvisor With Uv-Filter

alocacoc

Polarized sunglasses are dangerous for motorcycle riding. Icy, wet or oil patches are things you need to be able to see while riding a motorcycle. Wearing those type of lenses while riding is just dumb.

Not True

Concrete will always become darker when wet with water or oil.

Good luck finding ice in Thailand.

Bronze polarized isnt the same as black polarized. recommend bronze polarized. Light isnt reduced as much as black polarized.

Edited by KRS1

Highly recommend wearing polarized sunglasses while riding (dont have to pull faceshield down, face is cooler too - when wearing any sunglasses) vision is much clearer and sharper with polarized view ! You can see defects (waves) in car windshields as well as faceshields. LCD displays (gauges) can also be partially blacked out. Half of the CBR 250 digital speedometer is blacked out when wearing polarized glasses. trade off is worth it though. No glare, makes it easier to pick the right line if you have eye problems.

Wetspots arent hard to identify, still looks wet.

Sound nice, but if i can't close the visor than its not for me. I always close the visor when going faster then 50kmh. Too many bugs and too much dust. On my last ride to Khao Yai a bird nearly hit my head at 110kmh. No need for such things with open visor smile.png

Polarized sunglasses are dangerous for motorcycle riding. Icy, wet or oil patches are things you need to be able to see while riding a motorcycle. Wearing those type of lenses while riding is just dumb.

Not True

Bronze polarized isnt the same as black polarized. recommend bronze polarized. Light isnt reduced as much as black polarized.

Thailand roads are covered with dark spots, where roads have been repaired or even just shadows. If you presume every dark spot could be oil/wet patch (coz you have polarized sunglasses on) you would be weaving all over the place. I'd say it's more likely you won't though, as most will be harmless road repairs/shadows, so you'll just plough on through, but one day you might be wrong.

My 800B Avex helmet is high impact ABS shell with expanded polystyrene (EPS) core and a nylon lining. Your 20,000B Arai helmet is made of high Impact ABS plastic shell with EPS core and nylon lining. The higher price of a helmet is largely due to the cost of the SNELL and DOT tests, and the cost of making the helmet lighter and more comfortable,and add a bit on for the name.

You don't believe yourself that Arai helmets are made of ABS do you ?

Decent helmets these days are made from carbon fibers or similar. I think it would even be difficult to still find a helmet made of ABS in the western world.

Not True

Thailand roads are covered with dark spots, where roads have been repaired or even just shadows. If you presume every dark spot could be oil/wet patch (coz you have polarized sunglasses on) you would be weaving all over the place. I'd say it's more likely you won't though, as most will be harmless road repairs/shadows, so you'll just plough on through, but one day you might be wrong.

How stupid do you have to be not to be able to tell what is water?

I say you go get some polarized glasses first then comment, because its obvious you havent.

just for you macknife, i went and took a picture of water with and without polarized glasses.

No polarization:

photo0137_1.jpg

With polarization:

photo0138_1.jpg

There was light hitting the back of my sunglasses and it reflected back into the camera lense thats why it looks a little cloudy.

Looks wet to me. As you can also see, its clear to differentiate between water and shadows.

When your riding directly into the sun with polarized glasses and faceshield down, you can get the rainbow effect.Otherwise its clear, but i guess it should be noted that i use light bronze tinted polarized glasses, not the black kind.

Edited by KRS1

Polar Optics do a 'polarized lens' that goes on the outside of the visor so you don't get the rainbow effect

The dark lens does a nice job of blocking the sun; it
provides UV/A and UV/B protection, and it's polarized. Having
the polarized portion of the lens on the outside of your helmet's
visor is the way to go; you'll get no weird patterns, but you will get
greatly reduced glare. There was lots of snow on the ground (not
on the roads!) when I tried the lens, and the glare would have been
blinding without a polarized lens.

More info here:- http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/polar-optics/polar-optics.htm

@KRS1 Thanks for the pictures. Funnily enough, the first pic looks better. wink.png

Actually, I do own a pair of polarized sunglasses and they are great, but I don't use them for riding. I have used them in the past and I'll admit they seem great, they are probably fine for just around town. What about at high speeds? That glare might be important to see. If you google it, most websites will say the same thing I have, are they all wrong? Perhaps the real test is moto gp riders. Do they use polarized visors when they compete? If not, why not?

One of my helmets has the standard black visor and is excellent for day time riding, but once I got caught out at night and had to do 100kms on dark road, with the visor up. It was a nightmare. My other helmet has the mirrored/rainbow look, I'm pretty sure it's not polarized. It's decent during the day but can also be used at night. You still see a slight double vision kinda glare from headlights and brake lights though.

@KRS1 Thanks for the pictures. Funnily enough, the first pic looks better. wink.png

Actually, I do own a pair of polarized sunglasses and they are great, but I don't use them for riding. I have used them in the past and I'll admit they seem great, they are probably fine for just around town. What about at high speeds? That glare might be important to see. If you google it, most websites will say the same thing I have, are they all wrong? Perhaps the real test is moto gp riders. Do they use polarized visors when they compete? If not, why not?

One of my helmets has the standard black visor and is excellent for day time riding, but once I got caught out at night and had to do 100kms on dark road, with the visor up. It was a nightmare. My other helmet has the mirrored/rainbow look, I'm pretty sure it's not polarized. It's decent during the day but can also be used at night. You still see a slight double vision kinda glare from headlights and brake lights though.

Cant you read? The sunglasses were held against my camera, when they are on your head there is no reflection from behind.

Stop being deliberately thick headed.

Have you ever asked a MotoGP rider what he wears? My guess is no.