Thai FM Surapong Heads To Dubai

webfact

I know some of you cannot resist using this event as a means to obsess over Mr. Thaksin, but Thailand has been hit by the pirates;

In 2010 Somali pirates held three Thai fishing ships and 77 crew members off the Somali coast after hijacking the vessels. The vessels were owned by PT Interfishery Ltd. a subsidiary of Union Frozen Products Co Ltd (UFP) and 12 Thai nationals were on those ships.

PT Interfishery has a vested interested in access to the ocean where the pirates operate and has put pressure on both the previous Democrat and curret government to be more forceful. This company is not interested in Mr. Thaksin, but is more interested in protecting its interests.

The attendance of the minister at the anti piracy conference is necessary so as to protect Thailand's vested interest.

Now I don't suppose any of you folks frothing at the mouth were even aware of the extent of Thai fishing operations in the region and why piracy is an important issue to Thailand.

Yep GK, I remember reading about those incidents.

But please be honest, do you think for one second that the FM is going to fly to Dubai, attend the conference and then fly back to Thailand, without squeezing in another little meeting?

Oh sure, he might meet Mr. Thaksin. Wouldn't surprise me if he did. What he does on his own time is his business.

However, the immediate knee jerk reaction of denigration, creates the impression of pettiness.

There is an assumption that this thaksin chap is the all powerful wizard. He's not and he's not coming back anytime soon.

GK, you are right, Thaksin is not coming back anytime soon.

BUT you are wrong on the other points:

The Thai FM will meet him. I can reasonably think that it is THE purpose of the trip, and that the anti-piracy thing is just an excuse.

Thaksin IS the all powerful wizard for PT, UDD, and current government, and you know that, we all know that.

The problem is that we have been fed bullsh*t from the people in charge for so long now, that even if there was the slightest chance for Thai FM to genuinely go to Dubai for this anti-piracy thing and not to meet Thaksin at all, NOBODY.would believe it.

• Like 1

I know some of you cannot resist using this event as a means to obsess over Mr. Thaksin, but Thailand has been hit by the pirates;

In 2010 Somali pirates held three Thai fishing ships and 77 crew members off the Somali coast after hijacking the vessels. The vessels were owned by PT Interfishery Ltd. a subsidiary of Union Frozen Products Co Ltd (UFP) and 12 Thai nationals were on those ships.

PT Interfishery has a vested interested in access to the ocean where the pirates operate and has put pressure on both the previous Democrat and curret government to be more forceful. This company is not interested in Mr. Thaksin, but is more interested in protecting its interests.

The attendance of the minister at the anti piracy conference is necessary so as to protect Thailand's vested interest.

Now I don't suppose any of you folks frothing at the mouth were even aware of the extent of Thai fishing operations in the region and why piracy is an important issue to Thailand.

But please be honest, do you think for one second that the FM is going to fly to Dubai, attend the conference and then fly back to Thailand, without squeezing in another little meeting?

Oh sure, he might meet Mr. Thaksin. Wouldn't surprise me if he did. What he does on his own time is his business.

However, the immediate knee jerk reaction of denigration, creates the impression of pettiness.

There is an assumption that this thaksin chap is the all powerful wizard. He's not and he's not coming back anytime soon.

"What he does on his own time is his business"

So if he was filmed molesting camels with a pair of Burberry boots and a red shirt on with YS embroidered on the back that would be OK?

• Like 2

So if he was filmed molesting camels with a pair of Burberry boots and a red shirt on with YS embroidered on the back that would be OK?

More importantly, would anyone be shocked.

The camels? :rolleyes:

Yeeah I know. Can't stop us from assuming Surapong has a second agenda. Anyhow, how can someone with NO foreign policy experience and very poor English become the FM? He must have some other skills useful to the Shin clan.

That's most unfair.

If someone with no policy experience of any kind at all and very poor English can become PM then why can he not become FM.

This is the land of miracles after all.

• Like 2

The camels? rolleyes.gif

Nah. They're used to it.

• Like 1

The Thai FM will meet him. I can reasonably think that it is THE purpose of the trip, and that the anti-piracy thing is just an excuse.

Thaksin IS the all powerful wizard for PT, UDD, and current government, and you know that, we all know that.

The problem is that we have been fed bullsh*t from the people in charge for so long now, that even if there was the slightest chance for Thai FM to genuinely go to Dubai for this anti-piracy thing and not to meet Thaksin at all, NOBODY.would believe it.

Can't see what all the fuss is about. You would expect that the Foreign Minister would take any opportunity to meet with the man who is to all intents and purposes the Prime Minister in absentia and his boss. It would be most remiss of him if he didn't.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I've been sitting here trying to come up with a brilliant post for this subject. I come up empty.. These clowns are so transperant, and they don't give a crap what anyone thinks. Do you honestly think this current government cares about an event that happened 2 years ago. It wasn't even on their watch.

I've been sitting here trying to come up with a brilliant post for this subject. I come up empty.. These clowns are so transperant, and they don't give a crap what anyone thinks. Do you honestly think this current government cares about an event that happened 2 years ago. It wasn't even on their watch.

This current government don't give a crap about what happened last week, it's a bad attitude to have, but it used to work when news was word of mouth, unfortunately for them, now if you say something, it's recorded, if you do something, it's recorded.

Denial is not as easy as it used to be.

And tell us a great sage what good will a buffoon do attending a conference on piracy two years after an isolated event. What's going to make Thailand safer.

You're talking about a Government who turned down help in a massive flood a Government who turned down help from some of the worlds foremost experts on water management.

Do you really think he is going there to learn or in the typical PT way tell the rest of the world how to solve the problem and come home as dumb as the day he left. That is not counting the instructions he will receive from a man in Dubai who hands out favors in envelopes.

You keep harping on the floods. This meeting is not about flooding, it is about piracy.

World's foremost experts on flooding? I think Thailand with its centuries of flooding have a good handle on the issue. SE Asia has been coping with flooding since the dawn of civilization. Oh sure you will regurgitate some claim at how good the Dutch are. Well, I suggest you take a look at the topography of Thailand. Thailand has a very different flood exposure than the Nederlands and the cause of flooding is very different. Building a multibillion dollar dyke system to protect from the ocean isn't the issue. It's all about land use and as long as idiots build in run off areas and block drainage, all the experts in the world are not going to help.

As for instructions from Thaksin, I don't think he will give any instructions in respect to the piracy. The minister is attending to represent Thailand's interests.

You missed the point completely. It dosen't matter what the meeting is about. Thailand will not except help even when people are dying. What does Thailand have to offer Zip Nadda, Nothing.Zero. Just for your information the Netherlands knows more about water management than building dykes to keep the sea out. Not that it matters. SE Asia knows nothing about water managment just build dam's and empty them when it is raining. Real brains that lot. Then they stop it from following it's natural ergo fastest way to the sea by flooding areas that never get floods.

I ask you again

And tell us a great sage what good will a buffoon do attending a conference on piracy two years after an isolated event. What's going to make Thailand safer?

He would have found another reason to go if they didn't have this Piracy conference in Dubai. Does any one believe it will help Thailand? Does any one believe he will add any thing to the conference other than a couple of years ago they high jacked a couple fishing boats. And they are not sure how it happened.I think that is about the extent of his participation in the event.

Meeting Thaksin would have been OK but when you cover it up with a sham convention it becomes another thing.

Edited by hellodolly

The camels? rolleyes.gif

Oh No!!

These days the camels are only used to ride to the local brothel

Argggggghhhhhhh Shiver me timbers, I see some bounty

What Surapong does in his own time is the business of the people of Thailand when he represents them in a foreign country.

Aiding and abetting a fugitive is a criminal act that he caries out in business hours as well, and arranging visas and a passport, then hand-delivering it, will hopefully see this sycophantic fool face a court when ever Thailand gets a government that is not a criminal conspiracy.

To be fair, if you look at the line-up in the Yingluck cabinet who has actually 'delivered'? Maybe the MoI in co-operation with MoE (or was it in obstruction with?) with 105 tablets. The only ministry and minister really having performed well indeed is MoFA Surapong!

While the country struggled with a flooding wel done, with his Chaeng Wattana offices flooded, k. Surapong managed to issue AND deliver a shiny, brand-new passport to a Thai citizen not in Thailand at that moment, within TWO days. Now that's performance clap2.gif

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gif

What Surapong does in his own time is the business of the people of Thailand when he represents them in a foreign country.

Aiding and abetting a fugitive is a criminal act that he caries out in business hours as well, and arranging visas and a passport, then hand-delivering it, will hopefully see this sycophantic fool face a court when ever Thailand gets a government that is not a criminal conspiracy.

To be fair, if you look at the line-up in the Yingluck cabinet who has actually 'delivered'? Maybe the MoI in co-operation with MoE (or was it in obstruction with?) with 105 tablets. The only ministry and minister really having performed well indeed is MoFA Surapong!

While the country struggled with a flooding wel done, with his Chaeng Wattana offices flooded, k. Surapong managed to issue AND deliver a shiny, brand-new passport to a Thai citizen not in Thailand at that moment, within TWO days. Now that's performance clap2.gif

Khun Surapong sets the standard high for the Government.