It Never Ceases To Amaze Me.............

theblether

I don't see many Thais working hard, but then, I'm in a village.

We farm ........ hard work for 3 months of the year ....... very sleepy, slow and lazy the rest of the time.

Working hard is a very western, Victorian idea.

Make live very pointless, I think the rest of the world should learn from the Thais and have a bit more fun and relaxation in their lives. Making money and buying stuff just isn't the high point of everyone's lives.

The japneese have a word for working yourself to death ..... and it didn't come from the brits or americans , working hard is a western concept ? Wrong again

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that was funny cheesy.gif

Thanks very much.......now can we go back to normal service and take opposite views??? annoyed.gifph34r.png

Sure ...... I had no idea what the general forum is for untl you told me ....... If Thai people really worked hard they would smell bad and they don't ...... case closed

Have you not seen the real Thaivisa site map????

I'll downlaod it to my Garmin tomorrow.

@Post 27In the video they were renting the 'farmhouse' for 450bht a day ........ <deleted>.3,000bht a month maybe or 100bht a day.8 working people paid 600bht for all of them ...... <deleted>.200bht per day per person at the very least.Why would they make a 'reality show' and deliberately distort all the prices to make it seem harder?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The hardest working 'Thais' are the Burmese construction workers. These are really miserable, in the heat, the dust and dirt and the ridiculous payment. They won't ever be able to afford even 1sqm of what they build.

It's not like they're forced to do it.

More or less they actually are since in their home country they don't have the luxury of earning 300 baht a day.

Luckily for them there is a neighboring country where the inhabitants pull up there nose for this kind of job, and the constructors are aware of that.

I don't understand this post

I can name dozens of countries where people work as hard as in Thailand.

What exactly are you trying to say ?

Is that one of these "let's try to give a positive image to the country" post ?

It really is scary, it sounds like a emulation of a Stalinist speech on work exaltation ermm.gif

What's next Family and Nationalism ?

Sometimes it is nice to think positively about other human beings.

I suggest you give it a try one day...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

How is exalting labor exploitation a positive thing ?

Glorification of hard work for pennies is nothing more than telling them to stay poor and underpaid without a future for the rest of their life.

• Like 1

It really is scary, it sounds like a emulation of a Stalinist speech on work exaltation ermm.gif

Glorification of hard work for pennies is nothing more than telling them to stay poor and underpaid without a future for the rest of their life.

I don't really know what you are talking about.

I am not sure thats what anyone is doing ..... but that is the most sensible thing I have seen you write in my short time here as a stand alone statement.

We farm ........ hard work for 3 months of the year ....... very sleepy, slow and lazy the rest of the time.

Make live very pointless, I think the rest of the world should learn from the Thais and have a bit more fun and relaxation in their lives. Making money and buying stuff just isn't the high point of everyone's lives.

BUT, LOS WILL go the same as the west. Remember in farang land we all had a slower life, THEN that 'orrible word Productivity and Bonus appeared and everything changed. sad.png

Just because people had a slower life didnt mean that they didn't work themselves to an early grave.

We are lucky that some people work hard and frantic lives bringing us things like internets are air travel and nature documentaries and all the other thngs that we enjoy, and that productivity is high enough that so many of us can relax in their retirement to enjoy these things.

SC

BUT, LOS WILL go the same as the west. Remember in farang land we all had a slower life, THEN that 'orrible word Productivity and Bonus appeared and everything changed. sad.png

Just because people had a slower life didnt mean that they didn't work themselves to an early grave.

We are lucky that some people work hard and frantic lives bringing us things like internets are air travel and nature documentaries and all the other thngs that we enjoy, and that productivity is high enough that so many of us can relax in their retirement to enjoy these things.

SC

amen to that .... it reminds me of a Scientist I know who worked for IBM , their motto is "Think" or at least used to be ...... And this person was the top Scientist \ inventor of his time ...... and he told me once that people would see him apparently doing nothing and looking lazy and ask him how can you invent so many things and not do anything ? His answer was obviously that he wasn't doing nothing or not working hard he was thinking like the company told him to.