Name Of The River In Nakhon Ratchasima

pete_r

Hi Pete,

It is the Mun river (pronounced MOON) The two most important rivers in Isaan are the Mun and the Chi (aka. song si) These two river join at Ubon Ratchatani before entering the Mekong. The Mun is the second largest tributary to the Mekong (after the Tonle Sap) They are the life blood of Isaan.

I believe it is called the Mun the entire way and has its source in the hills of Southern Khorat Province above the Mun Bon Dam near Khon Buri.

Hi Pete,

It is the Mun river (pronounced MOON) The two most important rivers in Isaan are the Mun and the Chi (aka. song si) These two river join at Ubon Ratchatani before entering the Mekong. The Mun is the second largest tributary to the Mekong (after the Tonle Sap) They are the life blood of Isaan.

I believe it is called the Mun the entire way and has its source in the hills of Southern Khorat Province above the Mun Bon Dam near Khon Buri.

Unless I'm mistaken the river that flows through Korat city is the Lam Ta Khong, and joins the Mun further downstream

Hi Pete,

Unless I'm mistaken the river that flows through Korat city is the Lam Ta Khong, and joins the Mun further downstream

Yes Pete. I stand corrected. Lam Ta Khong runs through Khorat and joins the Mun a little further down. My mistake.

• 1 month later...