Farang Gets A Kicking By Some Thai Birds

BuffaloRescue

I really dont get this obsequious way you have of saying "only a tourist"!

I was bought up in Thailand yet now live elsewhere, yet when I come home to Nong Khai I never class myself as a tourist.

For me the definition of a tourist is someone coming into a country and doing the sights. With TB having his good lady in CM and perpetual accompanying visits would hardly class him as a tourist in my books... he also is coming back to his second home.

My father is on a 90 day reporting, much the same as most, yet he has lived for decades in Thailand and classes himself a guest in Thailand.

Nothing more or nothing less.

I havent read anywhere that you are a citizen of the Kingdom Tommo, hence as far as I am concerned you remain a guest/tourist in my books.

Tourists don't live here full-time and can't speak the language.

Tourists meet hookers in hooker hang outs and claim they are with respectable girls.

While not a Thai citizen myself, I have created Thai citizens, and will continue to create more.

I think this thread is most appropriate http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/566204-old-expats-in-thailand-possible-hell-on-earth/

Yes I have created Thai citizens also, along with thousands of others, we are not in the minority.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire thread has devolved into a back-and-forth of who knows what and who is wrong.

Please keep off the personal attacks and keep on topic, or at least partially on topic, or the thread will be closed.

• Like 1

@ChrisinTh

Thanks very much, I recognize what you are saying about Pattaya, my first trip was to Pattaya and I've never been back. I don't regret visiting Patts, I thoroughly enjoyed many things about the town, but it's not for me. A female friend recommended Chiang Mai to me and she was right, and since then I have discovered that going even further North is one of the delights of my life.

I totally agree with you though, it doesn't matter if you are interacting with ladies of the night or with bank managers, you have to maintain the fundamental decency instilled in you by your upbringing. Some people end up on a slippery slope of disrespect and they never get off it, one day they reach the bottom and look around themselves and ask, how did it come to this? It came to this because you lost your grip on your self respect. It's not unique to Thailand, far from it, I know many a story of people around me who fell into that trap.

You saw that, and you walked away Chris, and your life changed immeasurably. To me, it's the mark of a man that he can hold his hands up, and say, stop the bus, I'm getting off. Trust me, I have had to do that several times in the past myself. I am no saint, but like you, thank God my parents taught me responsibility and respect, cos anytime I hit that slippery slope, it's those values that pull me back off it before I hit the bottom.

Thank God for good parents. wai.gif

This entire thread has devolved into a back-and-forth of who knows what and who is wrong.

Please keep off the personal attacks and keep on topic, or at least partially on topic, or the thread will be closed.

wai.gif

It doesn't matter if I'm a tourist, an expat, a regular visitor ( that's actually what I class myself as ) or a Martian, I've learned one thing about Thailand. Grope a Thai woman and your gonna get your head kicked in.

Quite right too I say. thumbsup.gif

We went ashore in Fort Butterworth one night with an Aussie who'd never been foreign before. He didn't drink until he met us either. He grabbed the arse of a ladyboy. She turned round and knocked him out with one punch laugh.pngclap2.gif

My pal was in the merchant navy during the 68-82, he said that Boogie Street in Singapore was legendary, he tells some hilarious stories of guys fumbling about down there. biggrin.png

I was there in 1968 to 71 with the RAF and yes it was legendary, also great fun.

Ah the good old days.

wai.gif

It doesn't matter if I'm a tourist, an expat, a regular visitor ( that's actually what I class myself as ) or a Martian, I've learned one thing about Thailand. Grope a Thai woman and your gonna get your head kicked in.

Wait a minute - these are not normal Thai women.

To grope a woman in any country is a terrible crime but

These women a criminals in a criminal city (by CHOICE) that are bring the law into their own hands. The irony of it - look at where they are and the way they are dressed.

They are looking to get 500 baht by giving oral sex to big fat Gunther, or whoever, yet resort to this thugish behaviour because of what?

Like I have always said - that brothell city - the Thais and foreigner deserve each other.

wai.gif

Wait a minute - these are not normal Thai women.

These women a criminals in a criminal city (by CHOICE) that are bring the law into their own hands. The irony of it - look at where they are and the way they are dressed.

They are looking to get 500 baht by giving oral sex to big fat Gunther, or whoever, yet resort to this thugish behaviour because of what?

Like I have always said - that brothell city - the Thais and foreigner deserve each other.

So merely by definition, to be female and in Pattaya, you cannot be a normal woman and you deserve to be groped???.

I'm not buying that. coffee1.gif

So merely by definition, to be female and in Pattaya, you cannot be a normal woman and you deserve to be groped???.

Nobody deserves to be groped against his will.

Not a woman and not a man.

But those of you, who promote excessive violence against men, are actually worse than a groper.

This guy could easily end up disabled or even dead.

• Like 1

But those of you, who promote excessive violence against men, are actually worse than a groper.

True but does the law help these women or is it each and everyone for themselves here?

If someone came and grabbed your mom by the "noms", I guess you would tell him kindly to remove his hands or?

Edited by maxme

If someone came and grabbed your mom by the "noms", I guess you would tell him kindly to remove his hands or?

I'd ask mum why she was in a street full of prostitutes and ladyboys first ......... which is what the video showed.

If you walk around in a warzone, not much point in complaining if you get shot.

• Like 1

I'd ask mum why she was in a street full of prostitutes and ladyboys first ......... which is what the video showed.

Exactly Tommy

These girls' customers are naive tourists and sex addicts. Why on earth would I want to defend the actions of such criminals. The tourists probably don't realise that prostitution is illegal and the sexpats don't care or justify their addiction by calling them bar girls.

Be fair, no one is suggesting the guy ends up permanently damaged. coffee1.gif

True but does the law help these women or is it each and everyone for themselves here?

Of course the police protect these women. If a punter does not pay a bar girl the police will collect. If a man gropes a woman on walking street the police will arrest and charge the person. Numerous cases of this every year in Pattaya newspapers. Last one I remember was at Lucifer's I think. It was quite a large fine as I remember.

...Wait a minute - these are not normal Thai women.

Exactly Tommy

These girls' customers are naive tourists and sex addicts. Why on earth would I want to defend the actions of such criminals. The tourists probably don't realise that prostitution is illegal and the sexpats don't care or justify their addiction by calling them bar girls.

I think we've been through this before, and if I recall correctly, prostitution is no more illegal in Thailand than it is in the UK.

I find it sad that our forum is so populated with ignorant spleen-mongers, but I don't wish them any ill or violence.

If you genuinely feel that some of our fellows suffer from an addiction, then they are to be pitied in their sickness, not villified and persecuted. Is that how you treat cancer victims? Or those with TB? Or the mentally handicapped?

SC

That's what happens when you get hyour head kicked in - when you are recklessly assaulted. Or are you saying that in this instance, the attackers were showing restraint and considering the risk of injury to the recipient

SC

The issue is one of consent. If you don't have that then keep your hands to yourself. Pretty simple and basic stuff even when drunk most of us understand it.

Makes no difference what a girl is wearing or the street she is standing on in my view.

• Like 1

That's what happens when you get hyour head kicked in - when you are recklessly assaulted. Or are you saying that in this instance, the attackers were showing restraint and considering the risk of injury to the recipient

SC

Moot point actually. It was a very old video. Now we have the TPV there to keep order. Besides now the girls know they make a bundle by reporting it and cashing in at the police station.

Right as this hasn't happened in the so called "normal" areas. How about Song Kran when a lot of the young Thai guys go out just to grope the women? I guess that's what you define as a warzone as well.

Of course the police protect these women. If a punter does not pay a bar girl the police will collect. If a man gropes a woman on walking street the police will arrest and charge the person. Numerous cases of this every year in Pattaya newspapers. Last one I remember was at Lucifer's I think. It was quite a large fine as I remember.

It also may have to do with in which area this occuring as well.

SC

In an ideal world said incident would not have happened, in an ideal world people would not resort to violence.

When you find that ideal world let me know, and I'll join you in it.

In the meantime, in the real world, anyone groping a Thai woman is liable to get this response. So if there are any newbies or guests reading this topic, that are contemplating their first holiday in Thailand, take account of this advice.

1 Keep your hands to yourself

2 Don't fight in Thailand.

As simple as that

• Like 1

Exactly Tommy

There are more than a few of these areas who happen to be in between places. So if you are going straight through one of these areas instead of going around them, then you're automatically a sexpat?

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

Tourist Police detained Mr. Kid Nordberg aged 47 from Sweden who had arrived in Thailand earlier on Wednesday. He confirmed to Police that he had touched the woman’s rear end after exiting the toilets. He immediately apologized to the victim who was adamant that he be taken to Pattaya Police Station for charging.

Upon arrival at Pattaya Police Station, Police Lieutenant Colonel Preecha took up the case and spoke with both the victim and the suspect. Khun Paemigar repeated to the officer that she wanted him charged with assault and would not settle for anything less.

From story on Thai Visa.

Exactly Tommy

There are more than a few of these areas who happen to be in between places. So if you are going straight through one of these areas instead of going around them, then you're automatically a sexpat?

I take my hi so Thai wife to the Blues Factory on Walking street at least once a month. Also a block away to the Hoff to listen to opera and eat. She is not a sex pat.

I didn't even bother reading through all these comments. However I don't think anyone has a right to grope or touch a girl without their consent. If she is a hooker and she did consent then fair enough but if not, he deserved every punch and kick he got.

I see it happen all the time... Dirty foreign men come to Thailand and think that they can put their hands on whatever they please because they're in a country where they think it's acceptable. I have many female Thai friends who have had it happen in my company and it makes me furious. I also have no problem standing up for my Thai female friends and kicking the douchebag in the balls.

Your attitude is common.

The Western women who complain most about "being groped" are mostly those no man in his right mind would ever even think of groping. A good example are the "slut walks".

If I would have beaten down every ladyboy or hooker who has groped me in Walking Street, they had to build some more hospitals there. Fortunately, most men aren't as violent.

If you read my comment properly I wasn't really referring to Western women being groped. I was talking about my female Thai friends... All of whom are pretty respectable, well educated ladies and for the record... I NEVER hang out in gogo bars or any kind of bars where hookers are looking to pick up. Just not my thing or my kind of scene. I quite clearly didn't come to Thailand for that. ;) I'm not sure I understood your comment properly so correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the only Western women who complain about being groped are those who are dressed like sluts and asking for it?!

I didn't even bother reading through all these comments. However I don't think anyone has a right to grope or touch a girl without their consent. If she is a hooker and she did consent then fair enough but if not, he deserved every punch and kick he got.

I see it happen all the time... Dirty foreign men come to Thailand and think that they can put their hands on whatever they please because they're in a country where they think it's acceptable. I have many female Thai friends who have had it happen in my company and it makes me furious. I also have no problem standing up for my Thai female friends and kicking the douchebag in the balls.

Where does this happen?

In bars that aren't gogo bars and have no hookers in them. :P

Your attitude is common.

The Western women who complain most about "being groped" are mostly those no man in his right mind would ever even think of groping. A good example are the "slut walks".

If I would have beaten down every ladyboy or hooker who has groped me in Walking Street, they had to build some more hospitals there. Fortunately, most men aren't as violent.

If you read my comment properly I wasn't really referring to Western women being groped. I was talking about my female Thai friends... All of whom are pretty respectable, well educated ladies and for the record... I NEVER hang out in gogo bars or any kind of bars where hookers are looking to pick up. Just not my thing or my kind of scene. I quite clearly didn't come to Thailand for that. wink.png I'm not sure I understood your comment properly so correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the only Western women who complain about being groped are those who are dressed like sluts and asking for it?!

So what club do you kick the guys in the balls in?