Two Britons Nabbed For ATM Thefts In Chon Buri

webfact

<deleted>' dumb ass falangs.

Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status here in our home the LOS.

Every day the Thais realize that falang are not what they used to think we are (good, smart, etc...) because of dumb sots like these.

Please, go pull your antics somewhere other than my home.

cheesy.gif whatever ever gave you that impression? the impression that locals think or use to think that foreigners are good or smart?

If they ever thought foreigners were smart they would have listened or asked for advice from foreigners, do not you think?!thumbsup.gif

Google "Naziism and our brainwashed upbringing" The Thai author talks about the society teaching them they are a homogenous superior race. Its not as if they they spend time thinking whether westerners are smart or dumb, just seems to be a "non issue"

What gave me that impression is Thais asking me for advice.thumbsup.gif

You refer to the exceptional % because the vast majority would not, and not out of disrespect, simply out of indoctrination. "drones in the mold of the early 20th century" according to a Thai female academic

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are both fluent in spoken Thai according to media reports. They both appear young, slim, and actually handsome, or less "un-handsome" than others.

Prison life will be smoother as they already are well versed at "all the right romantic lines"

The bit that tickles my funny bone is it sounds like they were off buying more rope for another attempt when nabbed. Got to give them high marks for persistence it seems. Not so many for intelligence in covering your tracks though, I mean guys going back to the same shop, again, again and yet again. I get the feeling they will have a protracted period to contemplate this basic error in one of Thailand's famous lock houses.

Cheers

Two Pattaya Brits arrested following three bungled ATM Robberies

29_06_55_1_3.jpg

PATTAYA:--Two of three British suspects thought to be involved in the theft of three ATM machines within Chonburi Province have been arrested by Provincial Transnational Crime Suppression Police Officers.

The three incidents occurred in Laem Chabang and Bowin which is in Sriracha District. Police were able to arrest the suspects by-chance after they traced the nylon cord used to grab the ATM machines to a shop in Sriracha District. When Police went to the shop, the two suspects were inside and later found to be the two involved in the ATM thefts.

Police Lieutenant General Panya, Region 2 Police Commissioner, held a press conference at Chonburi Police Headquarters on Friday morning to announce the arrest of Mr. Alexander Milbourn aged 24 and Mr. Shaun Edward Tracy aged 34 who were both unemployed and had resided in Pattaya for the last 10 years. They had allegedly devised a plan with a third man, also British, known only as “Richard”, to use Nylon rope attached to a rented vehicle with the other end attached to the cash box of the ATM machine which would then be yanked from the wall. In all three cases the cash boxes could not be opened and the broken ATM machines would be abandoned by the assailants.

The men are thought to have gained inspiration for the robberies from the “Fast Five” Movie which used the same method to successfully remove money from ATM Machines. Police are now hunting for the third suspect in this case and for now Mr. Milbourn and Mr. Tracy remain behind bars pending Court proceedings.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...rested-bungled-

atm-robberies/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

And I thought I was stupid for opening a business in Thailand?

you still aregiggle.gif , the difference is you get to do the hard time on the outside while they get it on the insidetongue.png

ps. nothing personal, i am in the same boat as youtongue.png

He said they'll get it on the inside, he, he, he.......

Tracy? Milbourn? Doesn't sound British.

smile.png

Well, a William Tracy was one of the murderers of Thomas a Beckett so they must have been around long enough; a Milburne in Westmorland was mentioned in the Domesday Book.... Edited by pastitche

So a trio of dim bulbs run out of money and decide to make "ATM withdrawals"? What's all the fuss? Give 'em some credit - they actually WERE able to withdraw the ATMs! A few feet anyway... Is it THEIR fault the rope wouldn't fit in the card slot?? I'm sure they'll go on to be physics laureates at the Bangkok Hilton... 'Can't wait to hear how & where the 3rd musketeer eventually gets picked up.

Read he got tipped off and legged it. He will be well gone by now. The other two have been very stupid and will now pay a huge price for their mistake. I doubt the 3rd one will ever be caught if that is that he has a brain power to leave the country. If on the other hand he is hiding out in Thailand then he may well be nabbed soon and he deserves to be nabbed if he is stupid enough to still be here. I was thinking too, will the police have alerted all borders and exit points in Thailand to try and nab him if he tries to leave???

Commande, I know the type, beer belly, bottle in hand, tattoos everywhere, Mrs, with a fag on, 2 kids screaming in a push chair/buggie. Donkeys years ago we used to see them waiting for flights-package to Spain. maybe owned a fighting dog. You have the same here in places, from all sorts of countries, but a minority. So MOST of us are brainless. Were you visiting-living here??

2 kids screaming in a push chair? You mean actively pro-creating? God, they must be scum!!!

Does no-one get tired of this bs stereo-typing? Beer, check, tattoos, check, smoker, check, children, check, likes football, check... surely enough evidence for the hang em high brigade to convict them of some crime or other...

I know plenty of people who enjoy a beer, have some tattoos, are married with children and enjoy playing and watching football. Most are fairly decent people IMHO, I guess I must be white trash...

• Like 1

Out of money and living in Thailand. How many times have I heard this. How does one allow one's self to get into such a situation ? Losers. The lot of them.

This sort of case makes one realise that visa regulations are far too lax, if they allow people of working age to stay for months or years without money or a legal job. That is an invitation to either work illegally or resort to crime like these morons.

I fully agree, Thai immigration should make visa's harder to get, increase the monetary requirements required every year etc, got to keep the undesirables out of Thailand

My ideal solution ( from a strictly personal perspective of course) for me to sit in immi and just say "yes" or "no" to the officer in charge as the applicants file past me based on a completely arbitrary system that only I know. The only reason I'd give would be " I don't like the look of him" biggrin.png

no under 25s unless accompanied by an over 40 would be my solution , ....cant see anything like this being introduced but im sure it would be benificial to LOS , so many of these younger guys think they are in ibiza or majorca , i wish they would stay there until they learn something from the "school of life" and show some respect , i know thailand is going down hill and the last thing this country needs is idiots like this making the place look more dangerous than it is , please .............just STAY AWAY !

I've read similar comments from many an old perv on here, moaning that all the good looking BGs won't "go with" an elderly gent any more because they have so many younger and more attractive options. How age is at all relevant to this thread I don't know... clearly the young are not inherently stupid and the elderly are not inherently better behaved, in fact taking farang in Thailand the opposite seems to be true.

Personally I don't think the younger generations are the ones that have given farang a bad name here - most come here to party, go directly to party locations (Phang Ngan, Phi Phi, Samui etc) and leave their elder counterparts to support half of Isaan through prostitution while they pick up attractive young girls from across the globe and do so without making payments for the family water buffalo...

• Like 1

Commande, I know the type, beer belly, bottle in hand, tattoos everywhere, Mrs, with a fag on, 2 kids screaming in a push chair/buggie. Donkeys years ago we used to see them waiting for flights-package to Spain. maybe owned a fighting dog. You have the same here in places, from all sorts of countries, but a minority. So MOST of us are brainless. Were you visiting-living here??

2 kids screaming in a push chair? You mean actively pro-creating? God, they must be scum!!!

Does no-one get tired of this bs stereo-typing? Beer, check, tattoos, check, smoker, check, children, check, likes football, check... surely enough evidence for the hang em high brigade to convict them of some crime or other...

I know plenty of people who enjoy a beer, have some tattoos, are married with children and enjoy playing and watching football. Most are fairly decent people IMHO, I guess I must be white trash...

The only people they used to hang around my way were Arsenal supporters !

The only people they used to hang around my way were Arsenal supporters !

Clearly Arsenal supporters fall into a different category and all deserve contempt solely for supporting the wrong North London club...thumbsup.gif

My ideal solution ( from a strictly personal perspective of course) for me to sit in immi and just say "yes" or "no" to the officer in charge as the applicants file past me based on a completely arbitrary system that only I know. The only reason I'd give would be " I don't like the look of him" biggrin.png

no under 25s unless accompanied by an over 40 would be my solution , ....cant see anything like this being introduced but im sure it would be benificial to LOS , so many of these younger guys think they are in ibiza or majorca , i wish they would stay there until they learn something from the "school of life" and show some respect , i know thailand is going down hill and the last thing this country needs is idiots like this making the place look more dangerous than it is , please .............just STAY AWAY !

I've read similar comments from many an old perv on here, moaning that all the good looking BGs won't "go with" an elderly gent any more because they have so many younger and more attractive options. How age is at all relevant to this thread I don't know... clearly the young are not inherently stupid and the elderly are not inherently better behaved, in fact taking farang in Thailand the opposite seems to be true.

Personally I don't think the younger generations are the ones that have given farang a bad name here - most come here to party, go directly to party locations (Phang Ngan, Phi Phi, Samui etc) and leave their elder counterparts to support half of Isaan through prostitution while they pick up attractive young girls from across the globe and do so without making payments for the family water buffalo...

There has never been an old pervert complain on Thai Visa about anything except not enough time to handle all the available women in Thailand. I repeat you have never read anything written by an old man in Thailand on this forum complaining about the availability of Bar Girls.

Tracy? Milbourn? Doesn't sound British.

smile.png

Well, a William Tracy was one of the murderers of Thomas a Beckett so they must have been around long enough; a Milburne in Westmorland was mentioned in the Domesday Book....

Ancient history. If the surname doesn't have at least 4 syllables or an 'al' somewhere in there, it's simply not British.

:)

There has never been an old pervert complain on Thai Visa about anything except not enough time to handle all the available women in Thailand. I repeat you have never read anything written by an old man in Thailand on this forum complaining about the availability of Bar Girls.

Sorry KerryK, I realise I've hit a bit of a nerve here...

I was trying to find one of these posts I had read, I thought it was in the April Fool's thread, where the notion of over 50s not being able to marry Thais sent some of the more elderly members apoplectic with rage, when I came across the pages of posts you have on the subject in "Relation Problems And Fishing In The Wrong Pool!".

Age and bar-girls are obviously quite sensitive subjects for you!

It becomes obvious reading your comments that your relationships with women revolve around financial motivation and you see that as a positive thing. You even argue, in some depth, that your financial status is something that makes you more "attractive" to the opposite sex as opposed to a younger, physically more attractive man... I won't go into details, it all became a bit nauseating.

Unfortunately you seem to miss the whole point that women "attracted" by money are "working" to a different agenda than women who are looking for a bit of fun & sexual gratification with a physically attractive and able partner.

I'm not overly surprised that you don't appreciate my suggestion that rather than blaming the younger generations of farang coming to Thailand, I think the elderly "ATM" type farang have a lot to answer for the image of farang in this respect...

Given your stance on this there seems little point in us trying to debate it, we are at polar opposites here.

Out of money and living in Thailand. How many times have I heard this. How does one allow one's self to get into such a situation ? Losers. The lot of them.

This sort of case makes one realise that visa regulations are far too lax, if they allow people of working age to stay for months or years without money or a legal job. That is an invitation to either work illegally or resort to crime like these morons.

I think you may find that getting strict on the visas for these "morons " won't have much of an impact I am afraid. Most of them have long outstayed whatever visa, if any, that they arrived on. ie. They just come in on the normal 30 days stamp on arrival and that is it for them. These vermin are what give foriegners a bad name in Thailand amounst Thais.

I think what is needed is harsh overstay laws and punishments. Especially for overstayers who are conducting illegal activities in Thailand, like these tossers and those in the call center scams. Put them all in Bang Khwang for 5 to 10 years. That should send a message.

• Like 1

I think you may find that getting strict on the visas for these "morons " won't have much of an impact I am afraid. Most of them have long outstayed whatever visa, if any, that they arrived on. ie. They just come in on the normal 30 days stamp on arrival and that is it for them. These vermin are what give foriegners a bad name in Thailand amounst Thais.

I think what is needed is harsh overstay laws and punishments. Especially for overstayers who are conducting illegal activities in Thailand, like these tossers and those in the call center scams. Put them all in Bang Khwang for 5 to 10 years. That should send a message.

u can't go to Bangkwang for 5-10 years.

You can but you just need to leave the country every few months to do a border run wink.png

These guys are no doubt morons (at least on this day) but tell them to pay for all damages and costs (or do some time in Thai jail) and then get them out of the country for good. Case closed. I have little doubt they can play on the sympathy of people and relatives back home to send money to keep them out of a Thai prison.

These guys are no doubt morons (at least on this day) but tell them to pay for all damages and costs (or do some time in Thai jail) and then get them out of the country for good. Case closed. I have little doubt they can play on the sympathy of people and relatives back home to send money to keep them out of a Thai prison.

Their fathers have arrives apparently to be told 1 million bah bail each thats whats being said on Facebook. Good luck with that and the police won't give them their passports so a nice little escape is totally out ..... unless they want to have another problem in a bordering country with no entry stamp and no passport lol

• Like 1

The Thais have been roping, tying, and yanking falang "ATMs" for years. Turnabout is fair play. wink.png

How about this, Thais go to falang land and turnabout there.......

I'm down with that. Just keep the xxxx away from Japan. giggle.gif

Edited by metisdead

Well make it a flat 20. Even better. wink.png