Two Britons Nabbed For ATM Thefts In Chon Buri

webfact

These guys must be mental midgets. Anybody with any brains would simply buy a few guns on the Black Market, walk into nearly any branch of any bank, stuff a gun ito the tellers face, grab a few million baht and scarf off. I am continually amazed at the mosterous lack of security, in nearly every Thai Bank I go into all over Thailand. I'm amazed that heavy duty gangsters (Thai or Ferang) don't knock over these banks. Even if you are caught, there is always a significant chance that you could buy your way out. The one hassle would be how to convert the Thai Baht to USD.

One suspects like the two gentlemen concerned you have been watching too many movies....but to test your theroy, why dont you give it go and let us know how it all turned out...

• Like 1

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The men said that they had run out of money and were unemployed, so they decided to take money from the ATMs.

Or alternately, just return to the UK and work for a year, and then return to Thailand for a nice holiday. Just a suggestion.

Men like these are why I introduce myself as Swedish when I'm abroad, even though I'm dual-national English.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

I saw those guys sitting outside 7/11 drinking warm Chang, winnersclap2.gif

How do you know it was warm? did you join them for a drink? or asked to have a taste?

All brits like there beer warm,w00t.gif i was going to ask for a taste but i was busy eating my noodels.

<deleted>' dumb ass falangs.

Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status here in our home the LOS. ...

Exactly, cane them in every major tourist town, and then give them a sentence sufficient to serve as an example.

• Like 2

I remember the tsunami in phuket. I was there and witnessed 3 coppers try to break into an ATM with hammers chizels and screwdrivers. They saw that I was watching them so i decided not to hang around.

Sooo ? what should this message tell us? tongue.png

A pair of lazy scum bags. Hope they spend a nice holiday' in the BKK 'Hilton'.

They put shame on the Brits, as now we hard working Brits may be tarnished because of them.

Just like any other wrong doing by foreign assoles, when they get done, the Thais generalise

and bring in laws making it more difficult for us foreigners.

Poor things, 'We ran out of money' !!!! Was it for drugs?

• Like 1

Young guys and stupid. What the hell are you doing in a 3rd world country with no money? You see it here in PNG too. People down and out broke but they don't just pack up and go home. Perhaps running from the law in UK?

when i read the headlines from MCOT I thought it had to be a mistake. surely no one would be this stupid. when the full report appeared it still seemed crazy.. the video sealed the deal.... first thought.."wot? no JCB"... and I , like many, felt a sense of national shame that one of the many thingsI came here to get away from.. has come to haunt us.

In the local co op where I lived in the Uk, the ATM was raided 5 times. Staff were scared to be there at night after dark, and it was a small village way from the bright city lights.

Good morning all....

There's nothing funnier than a couple of dumb mothertruckin young farangs who not

only botch one heist but three in a row! Seriously...this is a Darwin Awards candidate

in my books...or at least a movie of comical nature...picture this Ben Stiller and Jack

Black as the two "apprehended" fellers and only a voice off camera as the third, still

at large (small perhaps), lad. Perhaps Andy Rooney's voice? Or Jay leno's? Or....

take your pick...

Well...I reckon we at TV could always get a donation to them to help em out in their

time of need. Not money you goons...

I'm thinkin about a large box of either Vaseline (in large bottles too) or a large box

of large tubes of K-Y lube!

They'll need it where they're goin...

I'm off to the beach my forum brothers....tis a lovely day...simply lovely. Especially

when it starts with a good gut busting laugh at someone elses utter stupidity!

Bye for now....

when i read the headlines from MCOT I thought it had to be a mistake. surely no one would be this stupid. when the full report appeared it still seemed crazy.. the video sealed the deal.... first thought.."wot? no JCB"... and I , like many, felt a sense of national shame that one of the many thingsI came here to get away from.. has come to haunt us.

In the local co op where I lived in the Uk, the ATM was raided 5 times. Staff were scared to be there at night after dark, and it was a small village way from the bright city lights.

Hello Tommy Dee....

The two most common elements in the entire universe are...

1. Hydrogen.

2. Stupidity

And yes it gives the rest of us farang here a bad name but look at it ths way...

the Thais love a good laugh and this is a hoot!

Off to me beach...you have a great day...Cheers

• Like 1

Locals do not form an opinion from 1 isolated incident, they form an opinion from an every day dealings, and rest assured there is no shortage of "representatives"

Thank you for noting that on this point at least Thai people have more common sense that a number of posters here.

It still remains that these low lives give us all foreigners a bad reputation. Even if Thai are usually able to separate the wheat from the chav.

I remember the tsunami in phuket. I was there and witnessed 3 coppers try to break into an ATM with hammers chizels and screwdrivers. They saw that I was watching them so i decided not to hang around.

Sooo ? what should this message tell us? tongue.png

That the BiB didnt have a spare car and tow rope ?...tongue.png

• Like 1

Lesson to be learned ....

Do not believe everything you see in the movies.cheesy.gif

24 and 34 and lived in Pattaya for 10 years.

Guess they are unimployed, because they never heard of the word work.passifier.gif

will they still have to do their 90days report.

Mr. Alexander Milbourn aged 24 and Mr. Shaun Edward Tracy aged 34 who were both unemployed and had resided in Pattaya for the last 10 years.

So Alexander has resided in Pattaya since he was 14? I know they said those Brit Pattayaites were demographically getting younger, but, geeeeeez.

smile.png

Probably his parents left him when returning home from a holiday. Can't blaim them.

• Like 1

Mr. Alexander Milbourn aged 24 and Mr. Shaun Edward Tracy aged 34 who were both unemployed and had resided in Pattaya for the last 10 years.

So Alexander has resided in Pattaya since he was 14? I know they said those Brit Pattayaites were demographically getting younger, but, geeeeeez.

smile.png

Probably his parents left him when returning home from a holiday. Can't blaim them.

Didnt David Cameron try the same thing with his daughter just recently....maybe a growing trend in the UK dump your kids in foreign countries or leave them in the pub

Edited by Soutpeel

no, stupid they weren't. They tried a lift that Romanians have successfully used in Germany until the banks started to fix the safes containing the cash behind the actual ATM cases. Kudos from me to them for trying it. What I don t understand why they did not halt their plans after the first pullout went down the drain. They must have been desperate or just decided that something went wrong the first place, so let's do it again. After the second attempt you would guess they dust off. Coming back for a third time beats all odds.

Some poster here suggested only scousers would do it. This is an apple fallen not so far from the tree, i guess. They are still my heroes as they did not try to steal from the people.

They are your heroes? What a numbskull!

Appears that, from this and your previous post, your moniker is apt.

Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status here in our home the LOS.

Every day the Thais realize that falang are not what they used to think we are (good, smart, etc...) because of dumb sots like these.

Please, go pull your antics somewhere other than my home.

Why don't YOU stop lumping all westerners together; the Thais in their ignorance may think we are all from one place but in this case; strictly Britian's finest at workrolleyes.gif

I am not "lumping all falangs together".

I think you are missing my point.

Really, that seems to be exactly what you are doing, at least from the words in your post.

"Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status"

"Every day the Thais realize that falang are not what they used to think we are (good, smart, etc...) because of dumb sots like these."

Please explain how these comments don't lump all westerners together?

If it was an African who commited the crime, would it be ok to say "<deleted> dumb ass negros!"

Check yourselfwink.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Brilliant!!!!.............I mean seriously, how desperate can you get coffee1.gif

I get it.

This is 'black humor', no ?

Nope, it´s a black cup of coffe.coffee1.gif

I asked an English friend and he said that 'black humor' is Eddie Murphy.....

Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status here in our home the LOS.

Every day the Thais realize that falang are not what they used to think we are (good, smart, etc...) because of dumb sots like these.

Please, go pull your antics somewhere other than my home.

Why don't YOU stop lumping all westerners together; the Thais in their ignorance may think we are all from one place but in this case; strictly Britian's finest at workrolleyes.gif

I am not "lumping all falangs together".

I think you are missing my point.

Really, that seems to be exactly what you are doing, at least from the words in your post.

"Thanks for giving us other falangs such a good status"

"Every day the Thais realize that falang are not what they used to think we are (good, smart, etc...) because of dumb sots like these."

Please explain how these comments don't lump all westerners together?

If it was an African who commited the crime, would it be ok to say "<deleted> dumb ass negros!"

Check yourselfwink.png

Fair enough.

I will check myself.

Done (sat and thought for 15 minutes).

And I will explain starting from the bottom.

A dumb ass is a dumb ass what ever nationality, color, tall, short, fat, thin, pretty or not, etc...

In this case they happened to BE falang.

"Us other falang".

Those of us who actually live here (and I don't mean 3 months a year), are responsible human beings, inject posativeity (sp?, grammar ?) into society, are not drunks and/or womanizers or pedophiles, thieves, the list goes on.

Basically those of us who are a respectful and positive influence on our surroundings.

Get the idea ?

What they used to think we are.

Well I guess that 25 years ago falang in Thailand were looked up to due to our higher levels of technology as well as our respect for their (Thai) culture and religious beliefs.

Are you getting my drift ?

If not, I will be more than happy to teach you more (that is if you are actually open to learning).wai.gif