How Well Do You See Colour?

What is "hue order"?

On each of the four lines the extreme end colours are fixed. Starting at either end the hue order is the decrease/increase of the base colour of wherever you start. i.e. progressive dark to light or vice versa.

Gutted

You a bit competitive then brit? whistling.giflaugh.png

... lets just say I am still haunted by my (shock) defeat in the chess final at primary school

Fell for the old "rustling the kit kat wrappers" trick did ya? tongue.png

Actually I underused my knights until it was too late... I would rather not talk about it really

• Like 1

Perfect

color-test.jpg

No cheat, but I must confess I spent 5 years in art school and had more than one course on color theory. I knew to rest my eyes periodically, and I think that makes a big difference. To be fair they shouldn't of had so much contrast around the images as the white burns in your retina. They should have had they test on a field of grey.

• Like 1

Perfect

color-test.jpg

No cheat, but I must confess I spent 5 years in art school and had more than one course on color theory. I knew to rest my eyes periodically, and I think that makes a big difference. To be fair they shouldn't of had so much contrast around the images as the white burns in your retina. They should have had they test on a field of grey.

I am jealous and, if I knew how to, I would ignore all future posts from you...

Interesting test although quite tricky. People who haven't done it most probably think the low scores like 0 or 4 are bad, but it's the other way around - the lower the number, the better you did! Still can't see where my errors were though lol.

Reminds me of an old schoolmate who suffered from red/green colour blindness. He was quite open about it and not really embarrassed. In art class you could put the red and green paint pots next to each other and he couldn't distinguish them.

Edited by katana

It is easy to ignore me but what fun would that be. Anyhow living with good color vision is a punishment of its own. i am forced to vividly see what colors are commonly put together here. Have you ever been to a standard Thai tile shop? 90 % of the patterns were originally suggested as a joke but no one caught on.

Interesting test although quite tricky. People who haven't done it most probably think the low scores like 0 or 4 are bad, but it's the other way around - the lower the number, the better you did! Still can't see where my errors were though lol.

Reminds me of an old schoolmate who suffered from red/green colour blindness. He was quite open about it and not really embarrassed. In art class you could put the red and green paint pots next to each other and he couldn't distinguish them.

That is a shame for him but makes me feel better about my eyesight... thanks

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• 1 month later...

I got 11.

First time I've seen a test like that...........all others have been the coloured dots with numbers embedded in them, the standard colour-blindness test.

Had to look away from the screen a few times though.

A bit of fun.

Cheers.

If you are over the age of 50 then you probably have the beginnings of cataract

where the lens in the eye gradually yellows and eventually clouds completely.

It is quite a simple operation to have the lens replaced and afterwards

the whiteness of white and the vibrancy of the colours is amazing. :thumbsup: