I'M Looking For No2 Or Co2 Gas Cartridges

gmeddy

Hi, I'm new to posting, but not new to the forum, very helpful in the past, but I'm having a real hard time tracking down these little gas cartridges or cream chargers as some call them.

Good catering joints should carry them, but I'm strapped to find a good catering place around Pattaya.

The only place I've been able to find them, which is now out of stock, was 94c Coffee in Carefour/Big C Extra.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

post-159082-0-04157500-1341053354_thumb.

2nd road north of pattaya tai south of royal garden

on the suk side of the street (not beach side)

large 2 shop window resturant supply type shop

ISI 10 whippets 180 baht

open 364 days a year

normal business hours

no credit cards

got enough info now?

let me know if you find better or cheaper

or know how to get a small tank happening

i have a feeling it is cheap and easy if you KNOW how

thanks

btw i think it is n2o not no2 FWIW

Edited by deejah

Upstairs in Friendship on Pattaya Tai sells cases of the N2O carts.

Small tanks are probably at the dentist office. Might want to talk with a medical supply store about buying a small tank of N2O. Maybe get friendly with a dentist and see if he'll sell you one or can point you in the right direction. It wouldn't surprise me if you had to have a license to buy large tanks or N2O

and yes.. NO2 is nitrogen dioxide where as N2O is Nitrous Oxide.

Edited by Jayman

Thanks for the help deejah and jayman, I'll check out both them options.

I'm using them for my "Mypressi Twist" - so a tank is not an option.

Very interesting device indeed. I would say that you want co2 for that as it will be cheaper. I'm thinking they are used in air pellet guns and might be found around stores that sell that stuff as well as maybe food equipment supply stores for making soda water.

Personally, I use one of these out here and love it to death....

http://aerobie.com/p...s/aeropress.htm

aero_press_03.jpg

here is someone comparing the 2 devices http://www.roaste.co...ial-Impressions

mind you, one is $25 and the other is $150 + the N2O carts...

Edited by Jayman

interesting learning experience

i had no idea these cartridges were being used to make coffee now

the co2 and n2o food cartridges are both the same size and shape

those used for pellet guns i believe are larger so not sure if they would work

and yes i think co2 is cheaper than n2o however you may like the sweet-air taste

yeah, the ones for the Twist are the smallest you can get, 8gm. And I've seen a couple of different bigger sizes on an American sellers site, pity they are not selling here, because the price in the US was half that of here.

The Twist manufacturer booklet did mention that it can use either co2 or no2, and that any taste difference would be very hard to notice.

I got my Twist from USA eBay at a bargain price and a friend brought it over with him when he came, however it's not advisable to take it as cary-on, it's all metal and has a trigger... did someone say cavity search? bah.gif

usually 4 doubles from each charge. it comes with all the different baskets for pods, single basket, double basket, coarse coffee and espresso grind are separate baskets too. pretty good little system, pretty much it's a full espresso machine, just not a machine...

yes but do you have to use a gas cartridge in one sitting or does it hold the gas for use over many days?

Oh yeah, it holds the gas, I make a shot every morning which divides into two cups because I use the large basket and the splitter spout bottom. I usually get the full 4 go's, but have had the occasional dud for some reason and because of perhaps a leaky seal I only get 2 or 3 go's.

Usually it's the full 4 though.

yes but do you have to use a gas cartridge in one sitting or does it hold the gas for use over many days?

Oh yeah, it holds the gas, I make a shot every morning which divides into two cups because I use the large basket and the splitter spout bottom. I usually get the full 4 go's, but have had the occasional dud for some reason and because of perhaps a leaky seal I only get 2 or 3 go's.

Usually it's the full 4 though.

cool... if it was easier/cheaper to get the gas here I would have one sent over. But my aeropress is so easy to use and cleanup and perfect for travel I just love it.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW for anyone else who may be searching for these cartridges, I checked out Friendship and they were "finished" (sold out) so went to the big kitchen supplies place with big red storefront on 2nd road, and they had a massive supply of them. 180B a box of 10.

I worked out that I pay around 8B per cup of coffee after breaking down the cost of the carts and the coffee, which is usually between 115 and 150B per bag of 250gm.

BTW for anyone else who may be searching for these cartridges, I checked out Friendship and they were "finished" (sold out) so went to the big kitchen supplies place with big red storefront on 2nd road, and they had a massive supply of them. 180B a box of 10.

I worked out that I pay around 8B per cup of coffee after breaking down the cost of the carts and the coffee, which is usually between 115 and 150B per bag of 250gm.

what coffee do you buy that is so cheap? 115b-150B per 250gm? Where can I get that deal?

• 9 months later...

what coffee do you buy that is so cheap? 115b-150B per 250gm? Where can I get that deal?

Sorry, i've been away for 3 months, and really busy leading up to that... and I guess I never got an email notification of a reply to this thread!

I was buying coffee from 94 at Big C extra on Pattaya Klang road, I would go through it all looking for the most recent roast date, which is the used by date minus 12 months. But have also found a source of fresh coffee at Benjamit Cafe, which is around the back of the block on Pattaya Tai road between Soi 20 and 21. it's on google maps, i just checked. They roast their own coffee in the actual cafe. Great cafe if you haven't already discovered it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...