Are There Any All-Night Establishements Where I Can Quietly Work On My Computer And Enjoy A Coffee?

KirillStorch

I stay up all night. I am tired of working at the computer in my house and could use a little stimulation. Is there somewhere quiet enough to where I can get some work done (light conversation, light music) that is open all night, where I can plug in my lap top and enjoy a coffee between the hours of midnight and 4 AM? Even a nice, (mostly empty) bar could be a solution.

And my Thai slave wrangler would like me to add "mee fan lao!!!" In other words... to avoid ritual castration, even a laid-back lady bar is not an option.

Edited by KirillStorch

maybe I am being too picky but the suggestions so far seem too...utility-oriented. Both of those places would function just fine but they lack the ambiance which is the purpose of leaving the home to begin with. I want something with a little character.

maybe I am being too picky but the suggestions so far seem too...utility-oriented. Both of those places would function just fine but they lack the ambiance which is the purpose of leaving the home to begin with. I want something with a little character.

To my knowledge, there are no such places as you describe in Pattaya. The Mickey Ds already suggested on Sukie would probably be your best bet, however, you are unlikely to find other farangs there at those hours for light banter if that's your wish.

It's kinda strange that a party/vacation resort town like Pattaya has a dearth of 24 hour dining, or as you are looking for, coffee shops. However, even stateside such places are rare. In my mid-sized American city, there are a couple 24hr diners and an all-nite donut shop that would fit the bill but that's it.

This time of year the Jollys on Soi Bukhoaw can be quiet. Lots to look at outside & always pretty quiet inside - Music is just background stuff & the surrounding bars a closing around 1am / 2am because of the season. Coffee is pretty good too.

hmmm. all night coffee shops. Well, there are several Internet cafes open all night. Not much problem to bring in some coffee, donuts etc. Just off Pattaya Klang there are a few that have a modest amount lf late night traffic that might suit your needs, Mcdonalds on Second road next to the Avenue is open all night? Foodland on Pattaya Klang has their countertop diner inside. I often hit that at all hours of the day. Don't know about the internet situation. But keep buying a cup of coffee or a snack and I am sure you can sit at the counter for hours.

This time of year the Jollys on Soi Bukhoaw can be quiet. Lots to look at outside & always pretty quiet inside - Music is just background stuff & the surrounding bars a closing around 1am / 2am because of the season. Coffee is pretty good too.

where is it exactly

If you approach from the market (North End of Bukhaow) - walk south & you see Siam Commercial (Thai Panit) bank on the right, keep walking & looking on your right its a 1 - 2 minute walk, look for the Mokador Coffee sign (double fronted open Cafe/restraunt).

I would love a place like that also.work this this times and it would be great as you said.I went to some internet cafe but could not work so god,reason whas next to me a lady boy keep showing hers/him big boobs to some boy friend on webcam and the other sida was a sexy girl flirting with me whan she was talking to her farang boy friend how much she loved himbiggrin.png and to be honest the lady boy flirted with me alsow00t.gif I hade a great night but not much work, so please any ideas with a more normal kind of places would be nice.

I would love a place like that also.work this this times and it would be great as you said.I went to some internet cafe but could not work so god,reason whas next to me a lady boy keep showing hers/him big boobs to some boy friend on webcam and the other sida was a sexy girl flirting with me whan she was talking to her farang boy friend how much she loved himbiggrin.png and to be honest the lady boy flirted with me alsow00t.gif I hade a great night but not much work, so please any ideas with a more normal kind of places would be nice.

Where is this Internet shop again?

The Marriott has a nice lobby bar area overlooking the pool.

They must have 24 hour service.

Certainly the Marriott is not going to like you camping out in their lobby in the middle of the night with your laptop unless you are a paying customer and nothing from the Marriott bar is going to be cheap.

The Hilton has free wifi, comfortable seats and a nice view of the sea etc. from the 15th floor cafe.

I dont know if it is open all night but coffee (with free water chaser and a free cake) was 130B last year.

I know because a rep from my UK bank bought me one.

Certainly the Marriott is not going to like you camping out in their lobby in the middle of the night with your laptop unless you are a paying customer and nothing from the Marriott bar is going to be cheap.

Not sure about the policy.

Don't they offer discount cards to locals? Buy a drink or two, tip the staff, should be no problem.

I bet there is an interesting mix of people coming and going at that hour.

They might charge for the wi-fi and that won't be cheap.

Don't they offer discount cards to locals? Buy a drink or two, tip the staff, should be no problem.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if the bar in the lobby is open 24 hours. Can't recon they get many customers in the wee hours. Also, it's not an A/C environment if that's important. I'm gonna stick by my original suggestion of Mc D's on Sukumvit near Soi Kow Noi as they get quite a flow of ppl to watch at all hours, have a cafe, sell food, have A/C, and I believe even have wifi (although I always use my 3G when in there)

Most hotels that have a bar could be suitable.Some very strange questions on thaivisa recently

That's what I was thinking. Do you have any specific suggestions?

my suggestion would be to have a look round mate.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if the bar in the lobby is open 24 hours. Can't recon they get many customers in the wee hours. Also, it's not an A/C environment if that's important. I'm gonna stick by my original suggestion of Mc D's on Sukumvit near Soi Kow Noi as they get quite a flow of ppl to watch at all hours, have a cafe, sell food, have A/C, and I believe even have wifi (although I always use my 3G when in there)

Agree, yours was and is still the best suggestion. No hotel bars in Pattaya are open much past midnite I would imagine and they would be expensive and all you would see there that late is a lonely drunken hotel guest trying to talk the bartendee up to his room when the place closes. The beer-bars would be loud, have instant coffee, and be infested with drunks, louts, and pesky leftovers looking for drinks. The Micky Ds on Sukie is not your typical type but one of their newer more cafe types, with some comfortable lounge chairs, a McCafe with decent espresso based coffee drinks, and bakery items.

There's a place in Jomtien on the beach road near the police box that is open all night. I had dinner there once and it was tolerable but not great. If memory serves it was opposite the beach and not more than 300 meters from the corner.

• 2 months later...

starbucks and Micky D charge for the internet, which I think is just plain cheek and stingy,

it costs them nothing for WiFi and neither are cheap for the time you get

Internet access with a wired connection I can understand

What I cant understand is Wifi so expensive in thailand, its free in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia (just spent quite a bit of time travelling through themIts not even highly advertised where Wifi is availible in any place, hotels, clubs, pubs

Edited by pepsi666

I have seen signs for the Internet all over, not in Pattaya though

Staying touch with home is a nightmare (I been on the road since april)

Wish they would advertise it a bit more, you ask in most places and then they hit you with a charge

The best way for travelers to stay in touch via internet is with a local sim card and 3G. Even if 3G is not avail in your area then edge is fine for chat and emails.