Like To Leave Thailand

daftpunker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the OP wants to leave he should experiment and do so, if he finds he's made a mistake he can always return, hopefully. I'm in the process of aranging to do the exact same thing but I know if I find I've made a mistake, Thailand will still be.

There is less nuclear radiation in Thailand than Japan.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Ithink you'll find that's ill-informed speculation based on hysterical newspaper reporting.

Thailand's nuclear accident is largely forgotten about now, but in comparison to the benefit Thailand gets from nuclear power, its nuclear industry is many orders of magnitude less safe than that of Japan, for all I know.

Do a search on "horrific nuclear accidents in Samutprakarn..."

SC

Ithink you'll find that's ill-informed speculation based on hysterical newspaper reporting.

Thailand's nuclear accident is largely forgotten about now, but in comparison to the benefit Thailand gets from nuclear power, its nuclear industry is many orders of magnitude less safe than that of Japan, for all I know.

SC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samut_Prakan_radiation_accident

Wow you guys are weird. I could never get used to the squeaking.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're not joking Kerry laugh.png

My brother in laws cat lives with us (he doesn't) it makes the same noise instead of meowing or Thai cat whining.

We know where it learnt it from.

im rich and handsome i think ill do well tokyo a go go baby

Modest too.

Being a farang in Thailand is only beaten in the "you are scum, we hate your very existence in our country" index by being a gaijin in Japan - life is all about learning lessons smile.png

Edited by Pseudolus

Thanks for the red card ive never bee sent off before.any chance of some better replies?

when i first come here i liked the cheapness of the place i thought all thai peoples smiles were real and i thought thai women were beautiful innocent girls ..Im not going home im going to live in japan.I spent a couple of weeks out there this year and loved it ok is not cheap but i find the people are better there.And the girls well thai women dont have a spot on jap girls.

Well if you can afford it then go ahead.

Personally I like Thailand because I don't have to be rich to afford to take a girl home with me for the evening.

I personally find $250/hr rental fees offensive. ermm.gif

SC

Now I am worried... not only are there ants, snakes, mosquitoes, scam-artists, overworked taxi drivers, holes in the pavement, and drugged up burglars with guns, but there is also nuclear radiation in the air... I think I better go back to Fulham (and hope that Thames Water doesn't go through with their plan to build the Super Sewer)...

Thanks for the red card ive never bee sent off before.any chance of some better replies?

when i first come here i liked the cheapness of the place i thought all thai peoples smiles were real and i thought thai women were beautiful innocent girls ..Im not going home im going to live in japan.I spent a couple of weeks out there this year and loved it ok is not cheap but i find the people are better there.And the girls well thai women dont have a spot on jap girls.

I agree with you on one thing. I too find Japanese women more attractive than Thais. Same with Korean women. Unless you have a very high income, Japan is just too expensive. Also, I don't know how available Japanese women are to a gajin, not in the same way Thai women are I wouldn't have thought.

In my experience Japanese women are much more available then Thai women (unless you are paying).

However, in general I would pick Thailand over Japan. Without speaking Japanese the only time I was able to have conversations was at work or visiting Roppongi on the weekends. That killed it for me, in Thailand I can't have deep conversations with the average person on the street but at least I can exchange small talk with the cab driver or waitress. If it wasn't for the difficulty communicating I would pick Japan.

SC

Now I am worried... not only are there ants, snakes, mosquitoes, scam-artists, overworked taxi drivers, holes in the pavement, and drugged up burglars with guns, but there is also nuclear radiation in the air... I think I better go back to Fulham (and hope that Thames Water doesn't go through with their plan to build the Super Sewer)...

Have you seen the Michael Jackson statue ?

SC

Have you seen the Michael Jackson statue ?

Good point. I better stay in Bangkok.

im rich and handsome i think ill do well tokyo a go go baby

Gentleman ... fun to kick this around ourselves ... but the OP might be less then 100% serious ... whistling.gif.

I am normally only around 99% serious myself...

wind up.

Par for the course from this OP.

This coming from a man who looks like a chicken,my tickets booked and im away next month sushi and tight trousers now on for me..

Don't forget to squeak.

whistling.gif Not even worth the effort to try to explain, my friemd.

I've been in Thailand...on and off...for over 30 years years...closer to 40 years than 30 years to be truthful.

I remember the "Wow, Thailand is great days!".

I remember the "<removed> this. Thailand is S_it days" also.

And just about everything else in between in those 30+ years.

Both of them were delusions....illusions created by my own mind.

Thailand, and life, is just life-as-it-is....nothing else.

It will be the same in Japan, Korea, London, or New York.....don't kid yourself otherwise.

It's not where you are, it's who and what you are, that makes you happy.

But if you haven't learned that already...I probably can't teach you that anyhow.

As Shakespere said, "The fault dear Brutus is not in the stars.... it is in ourselves".

wink.png

P.S. I passed my 65th birthday last October....so I can now legally be a pompous boring old a--hole and say dumb things like that to those who I think are younger than me.

It's the "grumpy-old-man's" privaledge.

biggrin.png

As Crowded House said "you always take the weather with you".

whistling.gif Not even worth the effort to try to explain, my friemd.

I've been in Thailand...on and off...for over 30 years years...closer to 40 years than 30 years to be truthful.

I remember the "Wow, Thailand is great days!".

I remember the "<removed> this. Thailand is S_it days" also.

And just about everything else in between in those 30+ years.

Both of them were delusions....illusions created by my own mind.

It will be the same in Japan, Korea, London, or New York.....don't kid yourself otherwise.

But if you haven't learned that already...I probably can't teach you that anyhow.

As Shakespere said, "The fault dear Brutus is not in the stars.... it is in ourselves".

wink.png

P.S. I passed my 65th birthday last October....so I can now legally be a pompous boring old a--hole and say dumb things like that to those who I think are younger than me.

It's the "grumpy-old-man's" privaledge.

biggrin.png

I am older than you. I'm in the "money for nothing and the chicks are free stage." Hope you get there soon. It makes everything groovy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is EXACTLY what I keep telling people who think that Thailand is the cause of their misery.

This is EXACTLY what I keep telling people who think that Thailand is the cause of their misery.

It's not the same 'everywhere else'. Not speaking the native language and the other cultural hassles in Thailand are a pain in the a**. The further afield I go the happier I become in Thailand. Looking into getting a remote farm and solving the daily necessities dilemma asap.

I did both Japan and Thailand.

Japan as a place is amazing, technology, fashion, nightlife there is not just for sleaze, and it's really happening in term of art, culture, films, etc.

Japanese people are very interesting, many have interesting hobbies (flamenco, kitesurfing, learning Spanish, playing in bands) as opposed to shopping being the main hobby in BKK, there are really open to different cultures, so conversations are stimulating.

But getting to really know a Japanese person is very difficult, they don't talk much about themselves and love relationships invariably turn to social status once married and the 1st child is born - or even before- ; ie the man becomes a bread winner and the wife stays home and takes care of the kids. Most couples are pretty much estranged / don't have sex / don't talk for the rest of their marriage despite living in small "apparto" (buying your house is really expensive) which becomes hell quickly for westerners.

The other thing to consider is if you are working, you will be paying quite a lot of taxes which you will never get back as foreigners don't get a pension in Japan.

Edited by aneliane

The other thing to consider is if you are working, you will be paying quite a lot of taxes which you will never get back as foreigners don't get a pension in Japan.

Duh. Shocking misinformation coming from a member who is just such a stickler for accuracy and reliable sources.

Well, I dare not quote Wikipedia for you even if it's accurate. But in fact foreign workers leaving Japan can get a substantial refund. (Too bad you missed yours, if you indeed worked in Japan.) They can also be qualified for an old-age pension. I worked in Japan a while: I got my refund!

http://www.rainbowfi.../page.php?id=42

http://www.najapan.c...sion-Refund.htm

http://www.stippy.co...sum-withdrawal/

Yes, before we go around again, like Wikipedia any of these sources could be changed between the time I found them (today) and the time anyone else reads them. It's internet, yadda yadda.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

Duh. Shocking misinformation coming from a member who is just such a stickler for accuracy and reliable sources.

Well, I dare not quote Wikipedia for you even if it's accurate. But in fact foreign workers leaving Japan can get a substantial refund. (Too bad you missed yours, if you indeed worked in Japan.) They can also be qualified for an old-age pension. I worked in Japan a while: I got my refund!

http://www.rainbowfi.../page.php?id=42

http://www.najapan.c...sion-Refund.htm

http://www.stippy.co...sum-withdrawal/

Yes, before we go around again, like Wikipedia any of these sources could be changed between the time I found them (today) and the time anyone else reads them. It's internet, yadda yadda.

Yeah theoretically gaijins are entitled to claim pensions IF they have contribute for more than 25 years.

In reality most foreigners don't fit the requirements not only because they rarely stay 25 years but also some indelicate companies who employ foreigners (language schools for example) don't actually pay health insurance or pensions for their employees, so the foreigners get nothing

Edited by aneliane