Skype Using Iphone 4S

carrera66

Any of you in Thailand using Skype on iPhone 4S? My girlfriend uses both her phone and her phone as a wifi for her laptop. She has AIS for her service. It doesn't seem to be the greatest connection when we use video or just messaging. Actually we get a lot of dropped calls when using video. During the night for her when she is sleeping my Skype notification comes up with her coming online and going offline all night long and her phone is not moving. My question is any of you experiencing issues with Skype? Are there better carriers for 3g such as dtac? She's either in Sriracha or BKK btw so service should be good one would think.

I use True for Skype from Bangkok to the UK via iPhone 4S and have had similar experiences. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Generally I start the conversation with a brief video call to say hello, then revert to a normal call which works perfectly almost every time.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

At the end of the day mate it's a mobile phone connection and with a vid call the slightest signal drop will make it lag and disconnect. It's a huge amount of data trying to send a constant signal which just won't happen even with a solid 3G signal.

I am in the same situation it sucks.

I'd be happy getting a good voice connection on Skype over 3G. Video is stretching it, video is not great even on WiFi, forget about 3G.

As for going online/offline... Skype kinda sucks.

Skype is great. Only Thai 3G sucks.

When in Vietnam, I used Skype over 3G and it was just fine.

For texting, I use "Line" internationally, rather than messenger on Skype. (It's free, but does rely on the phones on both ends having internet access)

I've never tried video on Skype on the phone on 3G though (in Thailand), mainly because I'm usually at home at the time people in the UK want to chat, and have the wifi (which is obviously faster, and free).