Tires For Pcx 125 In Chiang Mai

MrBrad

I have a PCX 125 that's 2 years old with 28,000 km and needing new tires. I just returned from a few shops in Chiang Mai, looking for good tires, but I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to buy a reputable foreign name brand, such as Michelin, Dunlop, Bridgestone, or such.

The size I need is 90/90 14 front and 100/90 14 rear. I was told that Michelin makes only the 90/90. No Dunlop available. The most commonly available brand is IRC.

• Does Michelin make a 100/90, and is it available in Thailand?
  • Can I safely put a Michelin on the front and an IRC on the back?
  • I've not found a Dunlop dealer. Can anyone help me locate a shop in Chiang Mai?

Thanks.

Check out a few of the threads here on PCXs and you will find a bit of info. I have the IRC wings on my 150pcx and they are fine bought them at Nat. West Honda dealer on the road that goe to Doi Sethup.

Thanks, Moe. I was just a bit doubtful about the worthiness of a brand I wasn't familiar with. As with all things here, bargain basement pricing is more important than quality.

My PCX 150 has Dunlops of that size fitted. My experience has been that the IRC brand use a hard compound that wears well but does not have the same gripping power of the Dunlops which are a softer compound and will not wear as well. Michelins grip well but I have found they wear out fairly quickly.

They were on the PCX 150 when I bought it last month from Nehon Paniche [spelling] near Central Airport. Same size as the 125 so they must be available. Possibly in short supply at the moment as Dunlop had a recall on PCX 150 tyres made from, I think, 1st Jan' to 31st March. Mine were changed just last week for the same Dunlops. Free of charge I might add.