Poor Vote Record By PM Yingluck In May

webfact

Well, if the Thai electorate agrees with the sentiments expressed by some on this thread then we will see Mr. Abhisit win the next election by a landslide. Now, appreciably that requires a leap of faith as Mr. Abhisit hasn't really been able to win enough votes to form a government, but, who knows, except the all knowing PTP bashers to TVF, right?

The electorate will decide the fate of the PM, assuming of course that the army and its political lackeys don't stage another coup.

And for those hoping for another coup to restore Mr. Abhisit's party, keep in mind that the next coup will result in an uprising not seen before in Thailand. Although, the kettle is no longer at boiling point, it is still simmering, and it won't take much to have a return to the violence seen before.

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if the Thai electorate agrees with the sentiments expressed by some on this thread then we will see Mr. Abhisit win the next election by a landslide. Now, appreciably that requires a leap of faith as Mr. Abhisit hasn't really been able to win enough votes to form a government, but, who knows, except the all knowing PTP bashers to TVF, right?

The electorate will decide the fate of the PM, assuming of course that the army and its political lackeys don't stage another coup.

And for those hoping for another coup to restore Mr. Abhisit's party, keep in mind that the next coup will result in an uprising not seen before in Thailand. Although, the kettle is no longer at boiling point, it is still simmering, and it won't take much to have a return to the violence seen before.

The development and existence of the UDD is directly linked to the last coup and it would appear that some of the coup-wishers on TVF either forget that or give it little credence.

Your point is one that is all too valid. If there were to be another overt military coup, or even, perhaps, the slightly more subtle judicial variety, the public's reaction would probably have little in common with 2006.

Look's like the PM is maintaing her work performance. That is why she was coaxed into campaigning for the PM job. The brother didn't want her meddling and f*king things up before. What we see is exactly what brother wants her to do. Just sit there and <deleted> and do nothing but get me back home. Nothing more!

She's not doing too well in that department either

Edited by Mosha

What is her Salary? Should be reduced to a percentage close to the percentage of times she voted, down to 3% of what it is, sounds fair.

Not that it impacts on a billionairess, but AFAIK, it's 122,000 baht per month for the PM, which would mean 3,660 baht or $115 for her.

btw, her MP's are upset by their salaries

Pheu Thai MPs still unhappy with their salaries

BANGKOK, 28 September 2011 (NNT)- The ongoing flood crisis not only puts flood victims under stress but is also causing Pheu Thai MPs to land into financial trouble.

A source for the Pheu Thai party has revealed that Pheu Thai MPs have just begun to receive their salaries. Constituency MPs are paid 100,000 THB a month, twice as much as the amount paid to Pheu Thai MPs when they were Opposition members. Party-list MPs meanwhile are paid 50,000 THB a month.

http://thainews.prd....id=255409280002

Edited by Buchholz

What is her Salary? Should be reduced to a percentage close to the percentage of times she voted, down to 3% of what it is, sounds fair.

Not that it impacts on a billionairess, but AFAIK, it's 122,000 baht per month for the PM, which would mean 3,660 baht or $115 for her.

BANGKOK, 28 September 2011 (NNT)- The ongoing flood crisis not only puts flood victims under stress but is also causing Pheu Thai MPs to land into financial trouble.

A source for the Pheu Thai party has revealed that Pheu Thai MPs have just begun to receive their salaries. Constituency MPs are paid 100,000 THB a month, twice as much as the amount paid to Pheu Thai MPs when they were Opposition members. Party-list MPs meanwhile are paid 50,000 THB a month.

Despite the higher wage, the source said 100,000 THB was still disappointing for Pheu Thai MPs who expected to get 200,000 baht a month, now that many of them had already spent much of their own cash helping flood victims in their constituencies.

Interesting post, Buchholz. Colabamumbai makes a comment that could be regarded as just about on topic since it's a thread about Yingluck's voting record and her salary. What is the relevance of your contribution?

She Can't vote if she doesn't go.

Yes she can. She can do as some of her fellow PT absentees do: get someone else to push the vote buttons on her desk.

She's essentially a proxy PM anyway. All her opinions are pre-masticated by her brother and her handlers. If she cared as much (and knew as much) about governing wisely as she knows about various whitening creams, she'd do a fine job.

Thailand needs a Clinton, either Bill or Hillary. They're energetic, can think on their feet, and know how to get things done - lots of things, every work day.

Edited by maidu

Blair was the PM of the UK, you have many times talked about the "English Parliament" which ceased to exist in 1707.

Have you ever watched PM's Question Time in the House of Commons? Nothing is unscripted, the PM, or in other debates, the appropriate Minister, has a sheaf of notes with answers researched and rehearsed well before the debate

England has a parliamentary democracy, with an parliament, parliamentary-questions and houses of parliament etc. Having lived in England since 1971, and studied politics/sociology at University there, I watched PMQ hundreds of times, and as anybody else who has watched it will know, Prime ministers and other MP's in the cabinet, have to answer questions by Opposition speakers as well as backbenchers and since nobody except the questioner knows what they are going to ask (beyond a basic topic title) - how can it be scripted as you say? In addition the question is responded to and then branches into other areas of related debate which the PM must speak on without scripts.

The sheaf of notes are numbers and facts and figures and points of order, for reference since most humans can not remember long lists of figures.

I realise you are deliberately misunderstanding my point for some reason, but you are infact wrong in your assertions. To defend the despatch box in PMQ takes quick-thinking, debating skills, intelligence and most importantly a solid understanding of the workings of politics. Blair had all those abilities, even though he was also a scoundrel. Yingluck has none of those skills or qualities, and that is why she avoids debate like the plague and she would survive less than a week in English debating chambers. But she doesn't even show up for work in parliament anyway except on special occasions, so her political ignorance and ineptitude are masked by silence.

If we are having a contest I lived in the UK from long before 1971 and for a long time thereafter. There is no English Parliament.

If we are having a contest, I was born there and lived there until 2004.

I have no idea why you are harping on about this, apart from you want to score a few points against another member, guess what, you haven't.

There is no correlation that can be made about the UK parliament and the Thai one, the UK parliament serves the country and all its people, not just the ones that voted for the party that ended up with most seats, the leader of that party is open to question by the entire house, and they have to be there to answer those questions, if they are not, bigger questions will be asked, if that leader was found to be acting in a self serving way instead of attending a parliamentary meeting, then there would be real trouble for them, not only would they not be the leader of that party any longer, their involvement in politics would be ended, never to be reinstated, ever.

Compare that with the Thai parliament, chalk and cheese.

You managed to pick up one little point when a poster referred to the UK parliament as the English parliament and started picking fault with just that.

Stop it, it's childish, and scores nil point.

Despite the higher wage, the source said 100,000 THB was still disappointing for Pheu Thai MPs who expected to get 200,000 baht a month, now that many of them had already spent much of their own cash helping flood victims in their constituencies.

Interesting post, Buchholz. Colabamumbai makes a comment that could be regarded as just about on topic since it's a thread about Yingluck's voting record and her salary. What is the relevance of your contribution?

Unlike your post, my post answered the question posed by the member.

But between you and phiphidon, it's becoming increasingly more common to get called out in a derogatory fashion when one member of the forum answers the question posed by another member of the forum.

Thank you for your and his valuable contribution to the forum, :sick: because without it....the moderators would have nothing to do.

Can someone check the math... in the 32 vote counts in May, the PM reportedly cast ballots in just 9.4%. If 32 vote counts (on how many "matters" is unclear) = 100%, then 9.4% of 32 = ? (how many times?). Would it be too hard to give a number?

She voted 3.4 times Truly this is Amazing Thailand.clap2.gif

I guess the democrats are not too pleased with their salaries

Over 10% of the Democrats failed to register a single vote.......cheesy.gif

I'm afraid her salary is but a fart in the bath of the concealed Shinawatra assets the dynasty holds

I have farted in baths before. It still stinks.

Even in showers.

WHOA!

and here was me thinking that ptp didn't really care or do anything for the flood victims whistling.gif

Blair was the PM of the UK, you have many times talked about the "English Parliament" which ceased to exist in 1707.

Have you ever watched PM's Question Time in the House of Commons? Nothing is unscripted, the PM, or in other debates, the appropriate Minister, has a sheaf of notes with answers researched and rehearsed well before the debate

England has a parliamentary democracy, with an parliament, parliamentary-questions and houses of parliament etc. Having lived in England since 1971, and studied politics/sociology at University there, I watched PMQ hundreds of times, and as anybody else who has watched it will know, Prime ministers and other MP's in the cabinet, have to answer questions by Opposition speakers as well as backbenchers and since nobody except the questioner knows what they are going to ask (beyond a basic topic title) - how can it be scripted as you say? In addition the question is responded to and then branches into other areas of related debate which the PM must speak on without scripts.

The sheaf of notes are numbers and facts and figures and points of order, for reference since most humans can not remember long lists of figures.

I realise you are deliberately misunderstanding my point for some reason, but you are infact wrong in your assertions. To defend the despatch box in PMQ takes quick-thinking, debating skills, intelligence and most importantly a solid understanding of the workings of politics. Blair had all those abilities, even though he was also a scoundrel. Yingluck has none of those skills or qualities, and that is why she avoids debate like the plague and she would survive less than a week in English debating chambers. But she doesn't even show up for work in parliament anyway except on special occasions, so her political ignorance and ineptitude are masked by silence.

If we are having a contest I lived in the UK from long before 1971 and for a long time thereafter. There is no English Parliament.

I have no idea why you are harping on about this, apart from you want to score a few points against another member, guess what, you haven't.

There is no correlation that can be made about the UK parliament and the Thai one, the UK parliament serves the country and all its people, not just the ones that voted for the party that ended up with most seats, the leader of that party is open to question by the entire house, and they have to be there to answer those questions, if they are not, bigger questions will be asked, if that leader was found to be acting in a self serving way instead of attending a parliamentary meeting, then there would be real trouble for them, not only would they not be the leader of that party any longer, their involvement in politics would be ended, never to be reinstated, ever.

You managed to pick up one little point when a poster referred to the UK parliament as the English parliament and started picking fault with just that.

I suspect that Yunla is as amused as I am by the Knight on a white charger riding to her rescue. I pointed out an error which she has repeatedly made and she responded attempting to justify the same error. I should not have responded to that?

I made no comparisons with the Thai Parliament, why did you?

Edited by pastitche

I suspect that Yunla is as amused as I am by the Knight on a white charger riding to her rescue. I pointed out an error which she has repeatedly made and she responded attempting to justify the same error. I should not have responded to that?

Sorry, what point are you trying to make now?

Is it the old one about someone making a mistake, or is a new one? I never claimed that you had made a comparison between the UK parliament and the Thai one, I did that, me, I made a statement in the vain hope to tempt some sort of response out of you that didn't include the original error, you know, something constructive about the Thai topic at hand.

Didn't work did it.

Nope, just the original error, and it's still nil points.

Edited by Thaddeus

Sorry, what point are you trying to make now?

Is it the old one about someone making a mistake, or is a new one? I never claimed that you had made a comparison between the UK parliament and the Thai one, I did that, me, I made a statement in the vain hope to tempt some sort of response out of you that didn't include the original error, you know, something constructive about the Thai topic at hand.

Didn't work did it.

Nope, just the original error, and it's still nil points.

The original error? Pray tell me master

Unlike your post, my post answered the question posed by the member.

But between you and phiphidon, it's becoming increasingly more common to get called out in a derogatory fashion when one member of the forum answers the question posed by another member of the forum.

Thank you for your and his valuable contribution to the forum, sick.gif because without it....the moderators would have nothing to do.

Apart from delete posts where a member changed another members screen name to something more "humorous" in a quoted reply and received a "should know better" post from the mods. Let he who is without a bin chuck the first rock or whatever it is....

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

If we are having a contest I lived in the UK from long before 1971 and for a long time thereafter. There is no English Parliament. Had there been the "West Lothian Question" would not have been such a cause celebre. Remember that? Tam Dalyell asking why he could vote on legislation that applied to England but, in the event of Devolution, English MPs could not vote on Scottish legislation?

Given your timescale you must remember that the Callaghan government was brought down on a no confidence vote because of an amendment requiring not a majority vote but a large percentage of the electorate infuriated the SNP who had until then supported them

Your opinion of what happens in PMQ is IMO naive; politicians rarely answer the question that is asked and that has been obvious in British politics both in the House and on television political programmes for decades. There is a legion of civil servants and political advisers whose remit is to provide evasive answers; I have met some of these people and they are very clever at deflecting

I have never offered an opinion on Yinglucks abilities; my post was merely to point out what I believed to be errors in your interpretation of events in my native land - completely off topic, of course

Actually, I was not having a contest but you clearly are. I was responding to your original post to me, which you worded as though you were explaining to me what happens in English politics and I felt I should correct your misunderstanding, that I lived there since early 70s, bought a house there in the early 90s and I still own that house and am resident legally in England, and studied social science at University there, and seen PMQ's since it was first televised. I said those things because you started out by explaining about Blair and stuff, things that I knew before.

Scotland has a seperate parliament now following devolution, Wales has a devolved Assembly. Even if they were still entirely under the English parliament in England, that would not change the fact that it is the English Parliament in the capital of England (London).

England has always had its own parliament since its foundation, but it was representative for the UK until devolution. That doesn't not change the fact that England has a parliament today, they conduct parliamentary procedure, in houses of parliament, have parliamentary questions, and are doing so as a parliamentary democracy in England's capital. Which part of that makes you assert (wrongly) that England is not a parliamentary democracy with an English Parliament.

You have dragged a very minor and unbelievably pendantic phrase - my crazy idea of referring to the 'parliament in England' as the "English parliament" - as far away from the thread topic as you possibly could, perhaps to avoid the subject of lovely Yingluck and her one-party state ambitions, and made this small UK point your whole argument & even start a "I lived there longer than you" contest to prove you are right. And worst of all you are wrong.

Back on topic. Yingluck has an atrocious voting record, only attends parliament during equinoxes, and has to go there under armed guard. That would not be allowed in English Parliament, because members are not excused absenteeism except for ill-health or state business. Even the PM has to attend parliament, and is judged by their level of attendance and contribution. The more time they spend in parliament, the more they are viewed as conscientious and devoted leaders. For MP's it is a case of they attend parliament to represent the wishes and requests of their constituents. Again, failure to do this is a moral and a parliamentary crime.

Yingluck would not have been allowed to behave the way she does, in the English Parliament, because of her absenteeism, refusal to engage in open debates and unscripted Q&A (such as "prime ministers questions" in England) refusal to read bills that she is advocating other people to vote on, and 10% voting record which is more generous than it sounds considering it is such a small number of votes she has been on location for. The Yingluck, Thaksin, and PTP chimera, would truly be happier in a one-party state like communist dictatorships for example, in a one-party state PTP could convert parliamentary hall into a nice indoor garden or squash-courts for example. In a one-party dictator state PTP wouldn't have to act differently than they already do today, the only difference is they would not have to listen to other parties complaining and they would not have to even pretend to vote or discuss anything at all.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla