Uk Post Office Pension

A good friend of mine who worked for the UK Post Office died about 4 years ago and his widow gets a monthly pension of 200 GBP a month. The widow does not have a UK bank account and indeed never been to the UK. The Post Office informed her that they do not send pension funds to an overseas bank account especially Thailand so to help her out the pension is paid into my bank account in the UK and l draw the funds out of my bank via an ATM in Thailand each month. There are costs such as bank charges of about 5 GBP to draw these funds from my account. The question is what if l die and my accounts are closed how can she get her monthly pension without paying the 20 GBP bank transfer charges that she will incur each month if indeed the Post Office will arrange monthly swift payments to her Bangkok Bank in Thailand. Is it possible that she could open a bank account with Bangkok Bank in London to receive the pension monies into and then get an ATM here for the account to draw the monthly pension from.Any constructive thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you

I find this a strange matter, my U.K. state retirement pension is paid into my U.O.B. A/C every 28 days no fee charged from the U.K., my other pension ( retired public servant pension) is also paid into my U.O.B. A/C every 28 days and has been paid for the last 11 + years no problems ,(I took my public service pension at age 55 as allowed.)

I would suggest the good lady or yourself techno contact the pension fund and explain the position . I am sure there are no U.K.restrictions regarding payment.

The only costs I incur are the 100 baht service fee from U.O.B., the U.K. bank transfers my pensions free of charge.

They do indeed send to Thai bank accounts, only downside is the XE is done through Bank of New York so will currently be about 45.5...upside is you save on transfer costs. Email the helpline [email protected] ...quote the pension number, they will send the form to be completed.

Many thanks for your help

I find this a strange matter, my U.K. state retirement pension is paid into my U.O.B. A/C every 28 days no fee charged from the U.K., my other pension ( retired public servant pension) is also paid into my U.O.B. A/C every 28 days and has been paid for the last 11 + years no problems ,(I took my public service pension at age 55 as allowed.)

I would suggest the good lady or yourself techno contact the pension fund and explain the position . I am sure there are no U.K.restrictions regarding payment.

The only costs I incur are the 100 baht service fee from U.O.B., the U.K. bank transfers my pensions free of charge.

I have a pension from he former Barclays Life (now Reavent) and they do not send funds to a Thai bank account but my other pension fund holders do at no charge