House Sitting While Journey Home

Wikinger2

I have a house in Kamala, rent is paid for a year in advance. Fully equipped, nice and quiet, pool and garden etc.

But I have to go home for 3 month from september.

Now I need some advice what the best is to do. Try to rent it what my favorite is due to the incoming rent. I have notonlythe rent but internet too. But nobody know wht kind of people will come in this case.

Or is it better to take out the values and leave it empty?

Another thing is house sitting. Free of the rent but cares for running costs.

Is there a web page for cases like this?

I am sure many of forum members have dealt this situation already.

Thanks for advices!

Is there a web page for cases like this?

There may well be but I find real estate websites are so numerous that the search engines really get confused. Some other member may provide enlightenment.

I think It's always been said. "That an empty house is better than a bad tenant. "

With this in mind the best tenant is a long term one recommended by a friend. This of course brings up the fact that the tenant has only 3 months, hardly long term. If a good tenant is available who want's to stay in Phuket permanently, they would be forced to find new accom. at the height of the hi-season, thus not ideal for them. Possibly a solution could be to find a lone person who could live in care-take atm and remain in a spare room for a pre determined period after your return.

Unfortunately I know none of the above is a direct answer to your question, just offering logical thoughts. If your house was in say Rawai, Chalong or Nai Harn I have several patrons that would jump at the chance, however Kamala doesn't cut it as they work near here.

Good Luck.

Before you think about renting your rental house, you better read your lease agreement. Mine says I can not rent or sublet my house. Also I don't think I would want to leave my house with a stranger. You may come home to an empty house.

Hi. We own an established business in Phuket and have a US friend (female) who is looking for accommodation at the time you suggest. If you felt she was a suitable house-sitter we would act as guarantors for her. If you would like to discuss further please let me know. Kind regards.

Hi

Just read your message on ''Thai Visa'', i live in Phuket, and have done for some time,

if you are looking for a honest reliable ''house sitter'' i would be happy to do it..

flexible with dates as well, just incase you had to overstay or come back earlier, no problem either way..

if interested please get back..

Cheers

robertthebruce

House sitting is a good possibility to have somebody. The house is occupied, not so easy to clear up for burglars. But to be honest, I want to save some of my costs too. I will loose 60.000 Baht and would be very satisfied when a part of come back.

I have some time left and try to place some adds and will see.

May be some of you keep it in mind .... Just in case.....

Thanks for all replies

• 3 weeks later...