Thai Drug Dealer Held After 'Come And Get Me' Texts

Lite Beer

Thai drug dealer held after 'come and get me' texts

BANGKOK, July 5, 2012 (AFP) - A bungling Thai drug dealer who sent text messages goading police to apprehend him has been arrested with dozens of amphetamine pills, a local police officer said Thursday.

The man, who is 24, was caught on Wednesday night in a town in northeast Thailand, after police received several messages challenging them to make an arrest, Major Viriyaphab Wangprom of the local police said.

The texts, apparently sent in anger after a number of his gang had been caught by police, read "come and arrest me, I am in Laos", a neighbouring country where the man is believed to have picked up his drugs.

"During an investigation he confessed that he and an accomplice sent several messages to police mobile phones because they were angry that several of his traffickers had been arrested," Viriyaphab told AFP.

Viriyaphab was charged with drug trafficking offences after being caught with 90 amphetamine tablets in his possession.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-07-05

public billboard policy to improve the police image regular show big boss and an mobile nr.

sheet's from NK immigration show mobile nr as well

so he could take his pick.

TV needs a Darwin Awards sub-forum just for threads like this.

I like this idea.... I still think the Taliban guy who saw a wanted poster of himself with a reward of USd100 and then turned himself in to get the award takes the cake but this guy in this thread also comes close.

"The man, who is 24, was caught on Wednesday night in a town in northeast Thailand, after police received several messages challenging them to make an arrest, Major Viriyaphab Wangprom of the local police said."

"Viriyaphab was charged with drug trafficking offences after being caught with 90 amphetamine tablets in his possession."

Either the Nation is reporting to their usual inept shocking standard, or there is one helluva coincidence here. Did he arrest himself? Either way, I think the Nation will be getting a visit from the law soon, defamation writ in hand.

The police here maybe lazy and corrupt but that doesn't mean they're incompentant. Given the right motivation, if they want to get a crook, they can and will.

And sometimes they even manage to get the right one, especially if they get some help from the right one.