Swimming Pool

smokie36

700 year stadium 50 meter clean Olympic pool, 60THB or 30THB if become a member for 500THB 1 year. Open 8:30 AM till 8:00PM ( Thuesday's 9:30 AM till 98:00PM ). Yes you can use the diving boards.

When I was there a couple of months ago, the diving boards had been removed, and the higher diving tower was chained off. Maybe that was a temporary thing while maintenance was done to the high board, but that's not how it usually goes in Thailand.

700 year stadium 50 meter clean Olympic pool, 60THB or 30THB if become a member for 500THB 1 year. Open 8:30 AM till 8:00PM ( Thuesday's 9:30 AM till 98:00PM ). Yes you can use the diving boards.

When I was there a couple of months ago, the diving boards had been removed, and the higher diving tower was chained off. Maybe that was a temporary thing while maintenance was done to the high board, but that's not how it usually goes in Thailand.

Maybe some 'jumpers' have become too successfull in the art of jumping, before heading South.

Edited by Semper

Seems best value day is a THUESDAY as its open almost 4 days. When exactly is Thuesday?

• Like 1

Seems best value day is a THUESDAY as its open almost 4 days. When exactly is Thuesday?

On a qwerty keyboard the e is next to the r.

Even an amateur sleuth such as myself was able to work that out in under ten seconds.

Don't infect any more of my threads with your spelling competition nonsense please. :D

• Like 2

I just can't get my head around public swimming pools...just a personal taste (ick) thing...

As opposed to swimming in the ocean or rivers where billions of fish piss and <deleted>.

Still cheaper to use a public pool that build one.

I just can't get my head around public swimming pools...just a personal taste (ick) thing...

As opposed to swimming in the ocean or rivers where billions of fish piss and <deleted>.

Still cheaper to use a public pool that build one.

Now that you mention it, I might even have to give up drinking the dam_n stuff... cheesy.gif Edited by DowntownAl

By far the cleanest and quietest pool would be the one at centre of the universe, quite expensive unless you buy bulk slots though.

http://www.therealce.../pool_hours.php

To find the Centre of the Universe is like finding the next galaxy. Very clinical place.

Not at all in fact we found it straight away. If your'e not a complete nonce with a map that is. It's well sign posted. With google earth / maps , GPS it's hard to get lost these days.

Lotus Pang Suan Kaew Hotel on Huay Kaew Road has a 50 meter pool. If you are not a guest, it's 100baht per swim. It's an older pool with some broken tiles so watch your feet.

Not a problem...my feet won't be touching anything but water for 50 lengths of that pool! :)

Well, I like the 700 year stadium pool. I go swimming during the day, Parking is always easy (I ride a bike, but I think parking a car would be Ok, too). it's always been quiet when I've been there, and I've always had a lane to myself. I like the fact it's a 50m olympic pool. The water quality seems OK. No broken tiles that i've noticed, either. It's a pool I enjoy swimming in. And as far as I know the 60B cost includes admission to the gym - a basic set up, but OK.

Disadvantages: The journey out there. No customer lockers that I've noticed - it's hard to secure valuables - wallets, keys etc. You're expected to leave footwear on a rack near reception and walk across hot concrete pool decking in order to get to the showers. The showers themselves are cold only (no problem most of the time) and pretty basic. Some toilet doors falling off their hinges. There's a change room under the stairs which is pretty small but my guess is I'm expected to use it (Thais can be prudish about public nakedness).

I still go there, though. It's too enjoyable an experience to be put off by the disadvantages.

Well, I like the 700 year stadium pool. I go swimming during the day, Parking is always easy (I ride a bike, but I think parking a car would be Ok, too). it's always been quiet when I've been there, and I've always had a lane to myself. I like the fact it's a 50m olympic pool. The water quality seems OK. No broken tiles that i've noticed, either. It's a pool I enjoy swimming in. And as far as I know the 60B cost includes admission to the gym - a basic set up, but OK.

Disadvantages: The journey out there. No customer lockers that I've noticed - it's hard to secure valuables - wallets, keys etc. You're expected to leave footwear on a rack near reception and walk across hot concrete pool decking in order to get to the showers. The showers themselves are cold only (no problem most of the time) and pretty basic. Some toilet doors falling off their hinges. There's a change room under the stairs which is pretty small but my guess is I'm expected to use it (Thais can be prudish about public nakedness).

I still go there, though. It's too enjoyable an experience to be put off by the disadvantages.

It sounds great apart from the issues with wallets and the suchlike...maybe just take the minimum with me and hope for the best is it?

It's normally so quiet, I think you'd be unlucky to lose anything there - but it's better to be sure. I normally go with someone and we take turns to look after valuables. Or you could take something secure (like a metal box) and padlock it to one of the railings. Or lock minimal valuables up inside your bike (if that's how you go out there) and swim with your key on you (in a waterproof bag it it's one with a chip in it).

• 2 weeks later...

By far the cleanest and quietest pool would be the one at centre of the universe, quite expensive unless you buy bulk slots though.

http://www.therealce.../pool_hours.php

Otherwise a cheaper option would be the pool at Chiang Mai Land, very busy, kids jumping around all over the place, but cheap.

Had a swim this morning at the centre of the universe. Its worth noting the price is 80 Baht before 9am and again after 5pm.

Otherwise its 200 Baht for a single swim and cheaper by increments dropping to 100 Baht I believe for 30 visits.

Excellent pool. thumbsup.gif Take note of the number so you can call for directions if you get a bit lost! tongue.png