Just Got True Vision, Now A Question

WebBangkok

Hi Guys,

I just got True Vision installed in the house for a present from my father inlaw which was nice of him.

But I was looking for a guide or something so I know when whatever is on.

I looked on there website and I am not sure if I am just blind or not.

Do they have a TV guide or anything?

I just hope the inlaw will be paying the monthly bill.

He said "there is no true here, I will get it installed for you"

He paid for the 3 boxes, etc... But I hope he going to pay the monthly bill too..... I didnt think of that..

But there has got to be an online guide right?

I thought for sure that the question was going to be, "How do I cancel?".

I kept it for the minimum 6 months then cancelled. Waste of money IMO. I always got the TV guide two weeks after the new programmes started.

I kept it for the minimum 6 months then cancelled. Waste of money IMO. I always got the TV guide two weeks after the new programmes started.

Agree - it's rubbish, i plan to cancel, same old repeats, magazine timings not accurate, complete s**t!!

Agree - it's rubbish, i plan to cancel, same old repeats, magazine timings not accurate, complete s**t!!

Sorry you don't like the service. We have had it for probably going on 15 years and just recently upgraded to the Platinum package. I don't sit in front of the TV 10 hours a day but it is nice to watch as they have many interesting programs. As far as the magazine it comes like clockwork a few days prior to the start of the month. If it's not for you then don't subscribe or if

you already have it, cancel. Why must people badmouth something just because they don't like it?

It's called free speech. If I don't like a service I have every right to say so, I agree with a previous poster, too many repeats, movies are old. I getter better new release movies on my Banglamung cable service that costs 300 baht a month.

Sorry you don't like the service. We have had it for probably going on 15 years and just recently upgraded to the Platinum package. I don't sit in front of the TV 10 hours a day but it is nice to watch as they have many interesting programs. As far as the magazine it comes like clockwork a few days prior to the start of the month. If it's not for you then don't subscribe or if

you already have it, cancel. Why must people badmouth something just because they don't like it?

because its <deleted>.

All the usual angry suspects here I see.

Compared to anything else it's still the best one out there by far and now they have many channels in HD and the picture is awesome.

Saying that, if it wasn't for theE PL I would strongly consider cancelling as it is quite expensive, but all the while they broadcast the EPL they have me by my gomads, there isn't a cat in hells chance that I would miss my football at the weekends, I would be looking for a rope.

Compared to anything else it's still the best one out there by far and now they have many channels in HD and the picture is awesome.

Saying that, if it wasn't for theE PL I would strongly consider cancelling as it is quite expensive, but all the while they broadcast the EPL they have me by my gomads, there isn't a cat in hells chance that I would miss my football at the weekends, I would be looking for a rope.

Whoopee! they now have HD channels. It doesn't matter if they have 3D channels if they aren't worth watching. Besides HD pay-for-view TV has been around for years in some countries and at a much cheaper price than Thailand. In fact, I think all the free-to-air channels are in HD in Australia, and also broadcast in 5.1 surround sound. I know, I know, this is Thailand.

Whoopee! they now have HD channels. It doesn't matter if they have 3D channels if they aren't worth watching. Besides HD pay-for-view TV has been around for years in some countries and at a much cheaper price than Thailand. In fact, I think all the free-to-air channels are in HD in Australia, and also broadcast in 5.1 surround sound. I know, I know, this is Thailand.

Trust me if I can sit in my fav armchair and watch all my sports IN HD including the month long olympics, then I am a happy bunny. Period. The improvement in viewing quality is immense and I for one appreciate the difference. And who cares about Oz.

Out of interst what tv is worth watching anyway? I am from the UK, I was back there last year and there isn't anything worthwhile watching there either, and SKY is more expensive than True.

Edited by hotandhumid

You are right. If you are keen on sports, then True probably offers some value. I'm a keen movie buff and True was pretty disappointing on that level. It's much easier (and cheaper) for me just to download new release movies from the internet.

• Like 1

You are right. If you are keen on sports, then True probably offers some value. I'm a keen movie buff and True was pretty disappointing on that level. It's much easier (and cheaper) for me just to download new release movies from the internet.

I would say very good value. I think their sports coverage is extrmely good. They prety much have everything now except cricket. Even the six nations, world snooker and the NFL is on now.

As I said before if it wasn't for the sports I wouldn't have it.

I have had the True Gold Package now for a little over six months and I enjoy it. Have had free Platinum for the past month for the Euro soccer screw up.... I am thinking about upgrading ;) My True magazine TV guide always arrives on the last day of the month.... Don't know how they plan that :P

I would say very good value. I think their sports coverage is extrmely good. They prety much have everything now except cricket. Even the six nations, world snooker and the NFL is on now.

Did n't have EURO 2012 ( 2nd biggest football event on the planet ) for whatever reason??

EPL coverage is tremendous, this is also the ONLY reason i keep it. You do also get some good PPV boxing events for free with the Platinum package but it only really amounts to 2 or 3 big fights a year.

You must be one of the few. Mine usually comes mid way through the month, if it arrives at all, but I was surprised to find it in my letter box last Saturday, only 1 week into the new schedule.

They used to blame the late delivery on the floods when I complained before but I don't know what their new excuse is. And it's not just me, everyone in my condo block recieves them late as well.

But that is illegal!!! (and don't tell me you paying for that)

True Visions is awesome! I like the HBO Hits channel cause I kinda into the old movies as the story line is much more interesting/better than the new SHOOTING-EXPLOSION-ROMANCE-BLOCKBUSTER-BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

...and for 2.000 Baht for Plat. Pack. Incl. all HD and all HBO channels I think it's a good deal.

They have an online and downloadable magazine

http://www.truevisio...b_magazine.aspx

But it doesn't have the TV listings, just the filler stuff that's all in Thai.

(Except the Premiere which is only the programmes that are on Platinum exclusively)

used to have a readable mag that had everything the printed version had...

i see... it's now an iPhone App. Thailand takes a while to realise that some people still don't have Apple products...

Did n't have EURO 2012 ( 2nd biggest football event on the planet ) for whatever reason??

EPL coverage is tremendous, this is also the ONLY reason i keep it. You do also get some good PPV boxing events for free with the Platinum package but it only really amounts to 2 or 3 big fights a year.

You actually get the boxing free even if you only have the gold package.

You actually get the boxing free even if you only have the gold package.

Tennis and fomula 1 too.Yesterday had to keep swiching between them, but that was just because they were both taking place in England at the same time.

Is a problem avoiding repeats, but then I tend to check out other channels and find hidden treasures;nothing doing, then back to internet.

Nothing beats live sport though, could I have enjoyed yesterday's great sporting events if I already knew who won?