Thanks arkom! - (it's always valuable to have a professional cryptologist available smile.png )

Does anyone understand the purpose of this new SMS message from SCB? It makes no sense to me.

I have had an account with SCB for years, but just recently started receiving SMS messages from them.

I transferred some funds on-line a few days ago and immediately received an SMS asking if I did the transfer, and if not, call them immediately.

This was fine and I appreciate the security check, but still don't understand the purpose of using whatever an OTP is, or how to do it.

When you buy something online or make a transfer often the banks will send you an OTP (one time password) to your mobile which you need to input as confirmation that it is you that is requesting the transaction. I would guess that some scammers have been sending out sms's with OTP's pertaining to be from SCB. Perhaps the sms says something like "if you did not request this OTP then please reply to this sms to cancel the transaction". Perhaps that is followed by another sms which asks for ur password to confirm that you would like to cancel the transaction. I am speculating, but it sounds plausible. It could be related to the recent report of several SCB customers getting scammed...