Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm always amazed at the number of ThaiVisa members who say they have never been to Pattaya.

I really wonder. The wife and kids can shop and see a movie at Central and hubby is within walking distance of three go go bars that open in the daytime! What's not to like?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of Russian families go there when Russia freezes, and why not, its got sunshine, great shopping, choices of restaurants, Jomtien Beach, Wong Amat Beach , Hotels to suit all pockets etc etc.

I don't think they would go on Holiday to a Rural Thai farming community village, they want the beach, so Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai are out, Phuket is expensive, Samui is a bit of a Pain as it's an Island with a captive audience, Pattaya is strategically well positioned and convenient.

Wong Amat is getting like Brighton Beach in New York, little Odessa.

Edited by Banzai99

I'm always amazed at the number of ThaiVisa members who say they have never been to Pattaya.

Not amazed with that per se, I took my time before finally making it over, too. I am however amazed at people who haven't been but still have strong opinions on the place, for example the OP. (Who had a fairly rabid follow-up post deleted)

Not amazed with that per se, I took my time before finally making it over, too. I am however amazed at people who haven't been but still have strong opinions on the place, for example the OP. (Who had a fairly rabid follow-up post deleted)

With the posters his topic will draw I am surprised this thread does not come with free rabies shots.

What a retarded thread.

You have to wonder why someone would be sitting at home and decide to start a thread like this.

Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

The OP needs to get a life.

Maybe a hobby would do.

What a retarded thread.

You have to wonder why someone would be sitting at home and decide to start a thread like this.

Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

The OP needs to get a life.

No more retarded than the rest of the shit people post about. Nothing wrong with a getaway to Pattaya if it's convenient. Stay at a nice hotel, not a far drive to an acceptable beach. Noone needs to take theit kids on a walk thru the wild side.

Yes I certainly would, they'd have a great time with all the things to do there and within a short distance. Pattaya beach might not be anywhere near as nice as those in the Andaman but at least it's got a beach unlike the upcountry 3 buffalo moo barns most of those bitching about Pattaya seem to live in.

• Like 1

YES.

I would, and I have. The Pattaya area is just the most convenient beach getaway, incl. Ko Larn, Jomtien and points further South. And Pattaya has plenty good hotels that are very affordable. Good place for the family, more so than being in some basic hut on a far away island. (which I also enjoy, but with kids it's good to have some modern conveniences around, and there is a lot of non-beach kid stuff to do in the area too.

Do you live in Pattaya, Kerrykak? It so, please tell us your line of reasoning why you think Pattaya is suitable for a family holiday? As perhaps my opinions of the place are unfounded?

I think they are, yes. I think you associate Pattaya with the bar sois only, but it really is a sizeable city, with easy access to several reasonable beaches. The closest thing to it when you start out in Bangkok or points North or North East (like me) is Cha Am and Hua Hin, but I personally prefer Pattaya/Jomtien.

Yes, the Andaman coast is several times prettier, but also much further away. So for a quick getaway, Pattaya makes a lot of sense.

Good for you KTW!

I have taken my daughter, now 30 and living in the UK, with my grandchildren, many times to Pattaya - and we have always had a grand time without being exposed to sleaze!

I am a boating person and make good use of the the RVYC , but no big deal. There are some wonderful dining rooms downtown - both Thai and International and many other very good beaches and activities in easy access.

Take as you find and go to look for what appeals to you....

Gladiator

• Like 1

Assuming the OP has lived in Thailand and posted on Thai Visa for a few years he would know what kind of response a thread like this would get. There are more Pattaya bashers on Thai Visa than any other place in Thailand. So why would you ask? The answers is already a foregone conclusion. Did you do it just to have another anti Pattaya, anti bar girl, anti Thailand posts?

To prove a point to the Pattaya lovers in the Pattaya forum who insulted me for sayng taking chidren to Pattaya is iresponsible;-)

The OP - who has never been to Pattaya nor intends to go - obviously did not like being corrected in this thread so he must try another bash, sad really!! http://www.thaivisa....ds-reco-wanted/

Not sad! just prooving my point!

If you had any hopes of proving your point you should have started a poll on the subject. Instead you look foolish for bashing in 1 thread and then starting another to continue the bash.

• Like 2

The OP - who has never been to Pattaya nor intends to go - obviously did not like being corrected in this thread so he must try another bash, sad really!! http://www.thaivisa....ds-reco-wanted/

Not sad! just prooving my point!

The OP did start a poll but it was removed.

However way you dress Pattaya up, I still would not like to explain why all those western men and Thai ladies as couples massively outnumbered any other racially mixed group to my children on holiday- whatever part of Pattaya City we were in. Thailand needs to clean up it's world image and a good start for this would be Pattaya"sex,pedo,crime,corruption capital of the world"!

Edited by Chittychangchang

Assuming the OP has lived in Thailand and posted on Thai Visa for a few years he would know what kind of response a thread like this would get. There are more Pattaya bashers on Thai Visa than any other place in Thailand. So why would you ask? The answers is already a foregone conclusion. Did you do it just to have another anti Pattaya, anti bar girl, anti Thailand posts?

Would you take YOUR children though? that is the question!

This is not anyone bashing, just that a fact is a fact.

NO, I would not take my wife and kids to Pattaya on a family holiday and that includes my dogs.

Pattaya is a crime ridden city populated and visited by undesirables, plus it`s probably the world’s largest brothel.

It`s a great destination for the lads, safety in numbers with lots of drinking establishments and plenty of female companions to be had for a price. I’ve had some wonderful times there and would recommend it.. But strictly for the lads and as for families and kids, definitely not a good idea.

Do you live in Pattaya, Kerrykak? It so, please tell us your line of reasoning why you think Pattaya is suitable for a family holiday? As perhaps my opinions of the place are unfounded?

I lived there for 3 years. Now I take the GF and her family, sister has two young children there once a month to shop, eat, movies and so on. For the beach we go up the road 20 minutes to one of the Sattahip beaches. Which has clean water, good seafood and showers and no Farang.

I gotta tell you I am at home anywhere in Thailand but them I am not studying at the seminary nor do I have a part time job as other peoples conscience.

This is not anyone bashing, just that a fact is a fact.

NO, I would not take my wife and kids to Pattaya on a family holiday and that includes my dogs.

Pattaya is a crime ridden city populated and visited by undesirables, plus it`s probably the world’s largest brothel.

It`s a great destination for the lads, safety in numbers with lots of drinking establishments and plenty of female companions to be had for a price. I’ve had some wonderful times there and would recommend it.. But strictly for the lads and as for families and kids, definitely not a good idea.

I lived there for 3 years. Now I take the GF and her family, sister has two young children there once a month to shop, eat, movies and so on. For the beach we go up the road 20 minutes to one of the Sattahip beaches. Which has clean water, good seafood and showers and no Farang.

I gotta tell you I am at home anywhere in Thailand but them I am not studying at the seminary nor do I have a part time job as other peoples conscience.

Are you replying to the above post?

Sorry Kerryk, I have not even read any of the other responses,I am not being flippant, or critical

The question was

Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

and my answer was No.

as far as I know (only being there once) there is nothing there for my family that I cant find elsewhere easier, cheaper, and better.

and some that I would not want my family to find at all.

So my answer is a simple 'No"

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

I have taken the wife and kids to Pattaya numerous times and the kids in particular love the hotels...Amari, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, The Zign. We are going again next month. The beach is ok for collecting shells and stuff.

• Like 1

I have taken the wife and kids to Pattaya numerous times and the kids in particular love the hotels...Amari, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, The Zign. We are going again next month. The beach is ok for collecting shells and stuff.

You would not want to take your children along Beach Road after sunset with the hundreds of freelancers. With Pattaya you have to make a decision where not to take the kids. Jomtien? not in the high season with many foreigners parading with their young male prostitute. Also wouldn't allow the children to swim in the sea - still polluted. There are many places better than Pattaya to take children. Yes I live in Pattaya - why? because my wife was born and raised in Pattaya and how retired wishes to be close to her extended family.

Different people have different perspectives. If you don't want to take your kids to Pattaya, don't! Many do and they're happy with their decisions.

I do find it hard to understand the OP's distaste for Pattaya having never been there. There's so much more to Pattaya than Beach Road.

Let's not forget forum rules:

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

We went for a family day out and found a nice seafood restaurant by the sea (connected to a small resort /apartment complex just outside town) and then we headed into town to have a look around (and find something to do).

The problem was we hadn't planned exactly where to go and once we got to the centre of town (in and around the Central mall) there were just lots of old farang chav guys and skanky Thai hookers everywhere (all dressed inappropriately).

I reckon if you do your research and go directly to the attractions you are interested in you can avoid this human detritus issue, but it is certainly not the kind of seaside town where you just park up by the beach and spend the day wandering around as a family.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Drive into the parking garage at Central and no Chavs and go directly to Central also cinema there and 20 restaurants and grocery store and food court in addition to shopping. Not that there are any Chaves there now. Maybe you went a year or so ago. Now it is all Russians with blond women wearing short shorts.

Actually, it was a few weeks ago, that is exactly where we parked, and Central Mall was full of chavs (including Russian chavs).

The only place I didn't see any chavs / hookers was in the haunted house in Ripleys Believe It Or Not (maybe because it was dark).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

No wonder that wasn't Central mall. Ripleys is in The Royal Garden Plaza and that is the mall where the chavs go. A lot of hookers too. It is next to the Marriot. Hilton is next to Central.

To prove a point to the Pattaya lovers in the Pattaya forum who insulted me for sayng taking chidren to Pattaya is iresponsible;-)

But you have never been there!!! My God at least first go and see!! People tell lots of stories about Thailand too!