Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[

Right on. Many of my friends live in Pattaya with their families. If you don't like Pattaya Central, don't go! Easy.

Of cource everyones opinion counts!

Especially those that live in Pattaya with their family.

However much a minority you are.

At the end of the day you have to consider the best possible enviroment for your family.

The majority on here have chosen eleswhere!

Minority? I bet there are more foreigners with children either living or visiting pattaya than any other city in Thailand sans Bangkok.

Russians?Arabian? Chinese? Certainly not western Europe, Americas and Australasia.

What is that supposed to mean? do these nationalities not count as foreigners???

It is a well known fact that the majority of foreigners who settle in Thailand settle in either Pattaya, Bangkok or Chaing Mai.

Pattaya is probably only second to Bangkok as far as working expats with families due to the amount of foreign companies based around the Eastern Seaboard, which again relates to the amount of conveniences on offer for foreign families, Schools, Hospitals, Restaurants, Government offices, Attractions, Car showrooms, etc. etc.......

Very convenient for foreign expats with families....... is that really too difficult to comprehend?

And your statement "Certainly not western Europe, Americas and Australasia." ...Could not be further from the truth, take a look sometime instead of relying on heresay or imagination!!

post-62606-0-05071800-1347757670.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more to Pattaya than Walking St, and you can fill an action packed week or two for children

quite easily, and they would love the place.

Here's a list of things they would love to do:

Crocodile Farm

Tiger Zoo

Nong Nooch

Flight of the Gibbon

Elephant Trekking

Go Karting

Mini Siam

Sanctuary of truth

Pattaya Park

Floating Market

Thepprasit Night Market

Cinemas

Ten Pin Bowling

Ko Larn Beaches & Watersports

Need i continue, there's enough in the above list to fulfil any child's needs for an action packed few weeks.

and thats without needing to set foot in Walking Street or any other adult oriented areas.

Would i take my children to Pattaya? Already have, and they loved it and didn't want to go home, in fact they can't

wait to come back.

Agree , i take my family twice a year. Stay at the Centara Grand in Wongamat. It's fantasic there with it's own waterpark. It's a struggle to get them to leave the hotel but there's loads of things to do with kids in and around Pattaya without subjecting them to the delights of Soi Buakhao. I save that for when i go alone :-)

• Like 1

I haven't seen Samui mentioned as a possible destination. Easy to get to, nice beaches, hotels near or on the beach for good prices. Lamaii Beach is pretty laid back. But the flights into Phuket would make that destination desirable as well.

My concern is the quality of the beach and even Jomtein Beach is kind of sad. Or it was when I last stayed there.

Samui is great for kids but the cost of getting there is high if you use Dick Turpin Airways. There are cheaper alternatives but imo they take too long.

One post removed,

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

No. Pattaya is more suited for adults. I haven't seen anything that is targeted towards kids and family

Well certainly not inside a go go bar but if you step outside one you will see there are tons of family based activities as have been mentioned numerous times already.

• Like 1

No. Pattaya is more suited for adults. I haven't seen anything that is targeted towards kids and family

Nong Nooch?

Khao Keow Open Zoo?

Crocodile Farm?

Pattaya Water Park?

Flight of the Gibbon?

Underwater World?

Day trip to Koh Larn?

Just to mention a few.....

Nong Nooch?

Khao Keow Open Zoo?

Crocodile Farm?

Pattaya Water Park?

Flight of the Gibbon?

Underwater World?

Day trip to Koh Larn?

Just to mention a few.....

Exactly...

I have never been anywhere else in Thailand that has sooo much for kids to do. But if folks have a bias and don't want to take their family here then fine by me. Smaller crowds at the family based attractions for the rest of us.

No worries thanks for the ideas I'm at Sattahip when I'm in Thailand so really dont spend very much time in the city. Been to busy traveling other parts of Thailand so i think i better check out some of those palces that you have suggested. Cheers

"Russians?Arabian? Chinese? Certainly not western Europe, Americas and Australasia."

I for one am very glad to hear that you have never been to Pattaya, nor do you have any intention of coming here. We don't need any racists and xenophobes - there are already a few too many of those here.

I have been coming to Thailand for 30 years, and Pattaya for 20. I had my kids here when they were teenagers, and next year, they will return with their own children to visit and I am absolutely certain that we will all have a great time.

We are talking about a very small percentage of foreign families that visit and live in Pattaya on the grand scheme of things they are a minority when you consider other destinations worldwide. The families that live and visit Pattaya are families where the mother once worked and the husband feels comfortable. You do have exceptions ie: Russians, but thats a different story.

The fact still remains that Pattaya is not a family resort no matter how much you white wash it.

It's not racism just realism!

"Russians?Arabian? Chinese? Certainly not western Europe, Americas and Australasia."

I for one am very glad to hear that you have never been to Pattaya, nor do you have any intention of coming here. We don't need any racists and xenophobes - there are already a few too many of those here.

I have been coming to Thailand for 30 years, and Pattaya for 20. I had my kids here when they were teenagers, and next year, they will return with their own children to visit and I am absolutely certain that we will all have a great time.

We are talking about a very small percentage of foreign families that visit and live in Pattaya on the grand scheme of things they are a minority when you consider other destinations worldwide. The families that live and visit Pattaya are families where the mother once worked and the husband feels comfortable. You do have exceptions ie: Russians, but thats a different story.

The fact still remains that Pattaya is not a family resort no matter how much you white wash it.

It's not racism just realism!

Do you have any fact to back up this statement? Sounds like more hogwash to me.

• Like 1

No kids but I would take any of your kids. Travel all through Thailand on a regular basis and have a condo Pratumnak (between Jomtien and Pattaya). Pattaya isn't perfect by any stretch but it is evolving into a more family friendly destination. Proximity to Russia and warm weather has made it an affordable trip for many Russian families that seem to enjoy the area. I drive through the Russian area of town daily and they sure seem a happy lot. Oddly enough many of the X-pats here expound to no end about the lack of class the Russians have but this same group should take a look in the mirror.

A poster above listed attractions near Pattaya and there are many more. Many on his list, IMO, are silly tourist attractions but he was just providing a random list and, I would guess, isn't a regular at the floating market for example. Patttaya is a nice place to people watch, mix with many cultures, excellent hotels and restaurants and semi clean air which is a premium in Thailand, and tons of things for kids to enjoy.

Other tourist destinations are closer and more affordable for western tourists and probably why you will probably never see lots of European and American families here.

The families that live and visit Pattaya are families where the mother once worked and the husband feels comfortable. You do have exceptions ie: Russians, but thats a different story.

Really? All the families in Pattaya - do you ever read the smug judgmental nonsense you write? You make some valid points worthy of debate but with all the interspersed nonsense it's just not worth the time and effort to deconstruct...

• Like 2

For the sake of summary, could someone wrap up all the negative experiences of people who have taken their children to Pattaya, and wished they had not?

There seems to be quite a few, like myself, who have taken their children to Pattaya, and taken them back again...

Opinions based on experience speak louder than prejudice, I think, and actions louder still

SC

We went once and the hotel was actually very nice but even at the upscale hotels you'll meet Helmut the retired postal worker and Noi from Buriram in the lift. Sitting at the swimming pool, Bjorn, the retired seaman from Norway and Lek from Mahasarakham ended up siiting next to us. We decided to leave for a few reasons - the guy was drinking beer(at 11am) and the woman had BG tattoos and was talking about sexual things with no consideration of others.

On the beach it was impossible to escape the sexpat atmosphere.

Do you really not mind your children being subjected to this? I find this very strange, unless you like the place yourself.

Once bitten twice shy, loads have had similar experiences. No way would i inflict this atsmophere on my family!

Assuming the OP has lived in Thailand and posted on Thai Visa for a few years he would know what kind of response a thread like this would get. There are more Pattaya bashers on Thai Visa than any other place in Thailand. So why would you ask? The answers is already a foregone conclusion. Did you do it just to have another anti Pattaya, anti bar girl, anti Thailand posts?

This is not anyone bashing, just that a fact is a fact.

NO, I would not take my wife and kids to Pattaya on a family holiday and that includes my dogs.

Pattaya is a crime ridden city populated and visited by undesirables, plus it`s probably the world’s largest brothel.

It`s a great destination for the lads, safety in numbers with lots of drinking establishments and plenty of female companions to be had for a price. I’ve had some wonderful times there and would recommend it.. But strictly for the lads and as for families and kids, definitely not a good idea.

Do you live in Pattaya, Kerrykak? It so, please tell us your line of reasoning why you think Pattaya is suitable for a family holiday? As perhaps my opinions of the place are unfounded?

+1

I just stayed at the Amari and its very kid friendly. Lots of grass to run around on, kids room with games and toys, two big pools and a bar in the pool for daddy to have a beer. No skanks around.

<No skanks around>

In YOUR opinion.

I'm sure I could find a few if I went there, but they wouldn't be Thai girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread - just posted here about decent Family bars/restaurants - no replies yet, and I'm not a troll.

I teach M3 and M4 kids in Isaan,

I recently taught a few lessons about holidays and leisure - I asked them the most popular places for

holidays in Thailand, and places they wanted to go - Pattaya was first by a mile - and some of these are MEP kids whose families are fairly wealthy.