What? You'Ve Never Started A Topic! Why?

It has come to my attention that there are long term members with prolific post counts (well not as prolific as some of usbiggrin.png ) who have never started a thread. Unbelievable isn't it???

If you haven't please explain why....surely after 5000 posts or whatever you should have overcome any shyness...so what gives?

Answers from all welcome....I just wonder what you think of this really....but especially would welcome contributions from those I mentioned...an insight please! wai.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...meaning that this is your first troll post Smokie?

You should go through my profile mate....I would particularly like to hear all your conker stories....and the one with ducks falling out of trees is another favourite of mine.

Feel free to contribute. wai.gif

• Like 1

.. well when I were a lad.... sorry, where was I? I can't remember the duck story, it's the muck they call beer here I tell you, what does it

When you grow up....you'll be able to see it....that's all i can say....kids eh? laugh.png

There is a general sort of trend, once a member has been here for a few years, their topic starting tends to dwindle more than a little bit, there could be a couple of reasons for this, the most obvious one is that any question they have are easily answered using the search facility here or on the www in general.

The second could be, only an attention whore craves looking like an attention whore.

There is a general sort of trend, once a member has been here for a few years, their topic starting tends to dwindle more than a little bit, there could be a couple of reasons for this, the most obvious one is that any question they have are easily answered using the search facility here or on the www in general.

The second could be, only an attention whore craves looking like an attention whore.

But I'm wearing those boots ya got me for Christmas! The horns are a tad unseasonal though....let's save those for next year eh?

.. well when I were a lad.... sorry, where was I? I can't remember the duck story, it's the muck they call beer here I tell you, what does it

Do you mean this Duck story;

1.) Feeding the Ducks In Thailand, penis slashings are so frequent that they have a slang phrase to describe it: “Feeding the Ducks.” This was coined more than 20 years ago after the wife of a philandering husband cut off her husband’s penis and fed it to her ducks to make reattachment less likely. More recently, the wife of Thai police officer Songphong Nammwan cut off her husband’s penis and threw it in the sewer. [ABC News]

ermm.gif

Do you mean this Duck story;

1.) Feeding the Ducks In Thailand, penis slashings are so frequent that they have a slang phrase to describe it: “Feeding the Ducks.” This was coined more than 20 years ago after the wife of a philandering husband cut off her husband’s penis and fed it to her ducks to make reattachment less likely. More recently, the wife of Thai police officer Songphong Nammwan cut off her husband’s penis and threw it in the sewer. [ABC News]

ermm.gif

I always thought it was geese who liked a gobble. You live and learn.

• Like 1

But I'm wearing those boots ya got me for Christmas! The horns are a tad unseasonal though....let's save those for next year eh?

1. I don't do Christmas.

2. Horns are never unseasonal.

3. Who says there will be a next year.

1. I don't do Christmas.

2. Horns are never unseasonal.

3. Who says there will be a next year.

1. I have a long white beard and insist on it as my main source of income.

2.My stags would disagree.

3.I'm phoning my pension fund manager to ask him that very same question.

Edit: 1.OK I admit it....I'm a dwarf.

Edited by smokie36

There's no need. There's always a new set of trolls available to start threads that will wake the usual suspects from their gin-sodden torpor to spout <deleted>.

Is that an admission that you haven't? But surely most do in their early days on TV? If not...then why not?

Imagine coming on an internet forum and never asking a question after five years....isn't that a bit strange?

I've started quite a few threads but seeing as how I'm now a total expert on everything I don't need to any more rolleyes.gif

My profile only goes back to 2010 but I was quite prolific before then.

Edited by endure

I've started quite a few threads but seeing as how I'm now a total expert on everything I don't need to any more rolleyes.gif

My profile only goes back to 2010 but I was quite prolific before then.

That rules out another suspect then....rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Edit: Knowing everything is no excuse btw....you have to ram your all encompassing knowledge down everyone's throat....no wonder...well....

Edited by smokie36

For me ... it was 14 months after I joined before I plucked up the courage to do my initial post ... I sort of just ducked the issue before that.

Not that I am intrinsically a shy person but I like to test the depth of water before paddling in.

So, while waiting 14 months before my 1st posting, that contributes to why I am amused that some members join and write War and Peace with their first OP.

I normally think ... 'Awesome first post' ... thumbsup.gif

Sadly, that 1st post of mine attracted just one reply ... crying.gif ... things haven't improved much since!

Some people are just shy and introverted and find the internet an easy release for their frustration.

But not starting any threads at all...zilch....nothing serious to worry about, just means that person...he or she...is a follower rather than any type of leader....prefers to flock together in a group than soar on their own.

Maybe the member(s) with thousands of posts (but no topics) has a separate account for starting threads... maybe there is another member(s) with lots of topics but no posts

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Maybe the member(s) with thousands of posts (but no topics) has a separate account for starting threads... maybe there is another member(s) with lots of topics but no posts

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

That's against the rules mate.

Surely no one would do that? :D