What? You'Ve Never Started A Topic! Why?

I agree. That's what makes it odd to me that some have never bothered to do this. Why are they here I wonder?

Afraid of being called a troll

Afraid of being told to go back where they came from

Afraid of being flamed

Afraid of looking like an idiot

Afraid they have nothing to contribute

Afraid of being told to 'search for it'.

I'm sure there are more reasons but these are pretty much at the top from what I've seen of the forum. wink.png

I suspect you are right there Tywais....as David pointed out it took him a long time to start his first....and myself also, probably for similar reasons, and the board was far less accommodating in those days as well.

Its sad then that after following for several thousand posts that someone would still feel afraid to fully join in and tell us what is on their mind.

At least we are getting to the bones of the matter. thumbsup.gif Would be good to hear from a non Thread starter though and listen to their views.

Maybe some people are simply more interested in thaivisa, and as such, other peoples opinions that others. I simply dont care what anonymous people think. Why would i? I do care however what my friends think and if theres something on my mind i'll ask one of them.

And if some little blert of a keyboard warrior feels bored and wants to type some unpleasant lines directed to me why would i give a toss?

How can someone really be shy posting a topic on an internet forum? Now that doesn't make sense does it!

We're getting much warmer with your last sentence. :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. That's what makes it odd to me that some have never bothered to do this. Why are they here I wonder?

Afraid of being flamed

I'm sure there are more reasons but these are pretty much at the top from what I've seen of the forum. wink.png

-Trolling, who hasn't?!?

-Afraid of looking like an idiot... No... Nope... Me think we all have passed that point already.

- I think each and everyone of us has something to contribute even if some people don't see it that way. We can all agree to disagree

Edited by maxme

I've started many topics and most of them asking questions because I don't claim to be a know it all and I'm constantly learning new things about Thailand every day. smile.png

I don't consider myself to be a holier than thou member of the board at all. Of course I start posts to tell people about things/dramas that may have happened in my life but I'm just sharing my experiences. After all we all have Thailand in common.

I can moderately agree ... because some just like to watch ... whistling.gif

I'm not talking about guests David, I'm referring to members with post counts in the thousands.

Maybe they like to live vicariously through TV members...

or....

Maybe they start topics under their secondary account names?...just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

Well my reason why I don't start many topics............just have a look at Spelunking, not many views and only 1 reply.

Maybe I should just be a spelunker and stay there. crying.gif

Well firstly you should have put a link to it here.

Plus ... Rsquared what an unashamedly piece of cross-promotion your post above is.

All most as bad that this advertisement of my thread running on the London Olympics!

So for all you proud TEAM GB (yes, even you Scottish guys!) get behind and support your team.

You might even wish to open the debate up to why Scotland doesn't have a team of it's own.

Afraid of being flamed

-Trolling, who hasn't?!?

-Afraid of looking like an idiot... No... Nope... Me think we all have passed that point already.

- I think each and everyone of us has something to contribute even if some people don't see it that way. We can all agree to disagree

I don't start threads because i don't give a sh1t what anyone else thinks.

Oh sorry, morning everyone!

Edited by carmine

Afraid of being flamed

Not forgetting the English spelling police.

Afraid of being flamed

Or they have too much to do and busy lifestyles to be interested in this. I think that has far more to do with it!!! laugh.png

There are also too many bitter people on here that didn't fare too well here and vent their bitterness towards those of us that have done ok and like it here making it a rather unpleasant place to spend you time.

Afraid of being flamed

Especially the Englich spelling police. Its like taking your work home with you............tongue.png

Afraid of being flamed

Especially the Englich spelling police. Its like taking your work home with you............tongue.png

Don't suggest that* to Cobalt60...

SC

* taking your work home with you

(edit: footnote added for clarity)

Edited by StreetCowboy

Don't suggest that* to Cobalt60...

SC

* taking your work home with you

(edit: footnote added for clarity)

biggrin.png Sharp as a razor this morning SC. Took me about 15 seconds wondering what you were on about! Hope its just in a name.