Bangkok: Unclear Airport Policy Taking A Toll

webfact

From the OP

Thai AirAsia recently agreed to relocate its operation to Don Mueang, effective October 1. Thirteen other airlines are in talks with AOT. If successful, this would help reduce by 8 or 9 million passengers a year the load at Suvarnabhumi, according to AOT.

I am not sure if they have considered that a lot of Air Asia customers will now use Thai in order to avoid all the hassle with connections...

They surely need to revise their numbers

I for one will use Bangkok air cheaper and better than Thai.

I am not a world traveler but is there not many other big cities in the world with two air ports.

Strange (well not really) 6 years old and all ready to small for the amount of traffic it gets every day.

I think there was more planning going in to how to skim money off into a certain politicians pockets than what went into the airport it self.

Third runway would be a good thing to have now. Maybe the new one will use lessons learned from the first two.

You have got to be kidding. Even if they by chance figured out what they did wrong in the first two it is doubtfull that they would use the knowledge.

And if they did use the knowledge and prepare the base properly would not the changing of that much base area wide have a effect on part of the existing ones?