Sunshine

Khun Yak

If you've been in Thailand for several months already, the sun's a lot less intense from mid-November to mid-January. But the hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. are intense, if you've been living much further from the equator, such as Scotland or southern Tasmania. Of course, it's more intense if you're very pale-skinned and go to the beach (that's true in Bournemouth, if you can find a sunny day). Some sun's rays go right through the clouds.

Oh, this is a light-hearted thread, okay! :D I saw the sun this morning. In fact, it's still there at 1 p.m., except now it's higher in the sky. :o

I once got very badly burned on a very cloudy day in Gran Canaria. It was grey and overcast and actually rained a few times, imagine my surprise that night when I discovered I was burnt!

I should add, I have Celtic skin, I'd burn on a full moon night!

Edited by suegha

I once got very badly burned on a very cloudy day in Gran Canaria. It was grey and overcast and actually rained a few times, imagine my surprise that night when I discovered I was burnt!

where you standing close to a bonefire...and you actually burnt yourself with fire and not sun rays? :D:o

where you standing close to a bonefire...and you actually burnt yourself with fire and not sun rays? :D:o

Believe it or not I was actually using a protection factor - just not as vigorously as I normally do, and my feet got so badly burned they blistered! No bonfires or naked flames were involved. Honest!

Believe it or not I was actually using a protection factor - just not as vigorously as I normally do, and my feet got so badly burned they blistered! No bonfires or naked flames were involved. Honest!

Oh my gosh you really have fair and sensity skin!!!!

What protection factor do you used in a sunny day? I am spanish and I use 60 the first 10 days and then I drop to 30 and keep it like that for the rest of my holidays....

Oh my gosh you really have fair and sensity skin!!!!

What protection factor do you used in a sunny day? I am spanish and I use 60 the first 10 days and then I drop to 30 and keep it like that for the rest of my holidays....

Your skin doesn't look like it needs protection factor! I use a waterproof factor 48 (I think) but I don't spend too much time in the sun. The sun burn in Gran Canaria was 20 years ago when factor 6-8 was considered enough for anyone, so I think I had factor 6. I got burned because I missed off part of my feet, not really thinking I would need it cos it was such a cloudy day, so I wasn't paying attention! Silly me...

I am leaving 2 degrees to 30 degrees in a few hours and am taking factor 15 with me - i may have to buy factor 60 on my way.

Still grey here but as they say all cats look grey at night...

The experts say that a quality factor 15 is sufficient and there isn,t much additional protection to justify paying for anything above this.

Remember stay out of it between 11.00 and 15.30 for the more serious effects, skin cancers.

The infamous leader Forskin should,t want any protection as the sun only shines on the righteous. :D:o

marshbags :D:D:D

I think the 15 refers to how often you must reapply. The lower the number the shorter period of time in between reapplying.

My neighbor lady once commented with amazement that I had been here such a long time and I still had such white skin. Guess she doesn't understand, once a whitey, always a whitey :o

I think the 15 refers to how often you must reapply. The lower the number the shorter period of time in between reapplying.

My neighbor lady once commented with amazement that I had been here such a long time and I still had such white skin. Guess she doesn't understand, once a whitey, always a whitey :D

Yeah...but what's that 60's saying: "Black is beautiful"? :o