Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also how do you know he helped other people get out of thialand quick? If this is true those same people would have told him it was ok for him to return, so why did these same people not shield him from arrest?

I knew him for a number of years and I know of at least 2 that were helped out. How can border immigration police help him with a Pattaya problem?

Because all boarder crossings are computerized now, if he was really well connected he could have called one of his corrupt boarder agents to see if there was a "hold order" placed on him for his return.

About him getting others out...If was common knowledge that up until about 2 years that the trat boarder was not computerized and fleeing suspects would use this boarder to escape to cambodia. That boarder was computerized after murder suspect Lee Aldhouse used it to flee. It does no good now to escape to cambodia now if one cannot get a cambodian entry stamp from somewhere.

Apparently the guy got bail last night, this came from someone who knows him.

You dont run a visa business in Pattaya for as many years as he did with as many scams as he was running without connections.If he got bail last night he will already be in Malaysia on his way to the British Embassy to say he lost his passport......

Now I really do feel for Adam's family.

Apparently the guy got bail last night, this came from someone who knows him.

You dont run a visa business in Pattaya for as many years as he did with as many scams as he was running without connections.If he got bail last night he will already be in Malaysia on his way to the British Embassy to say he lost his passport......

Now I really do feel for Adam's family.

Rubbish. The Embassy is completely aware of the situation of course.

The British Embassy in BKK? Yes of course they are aware BUT do you think all the British Embassies in the world are linked up!

I know of 2 people he has helped get out of the country without a passport and with the police chasing them. Corruption on the border is all that's needed.

HE will go straight to Penang and apply for an ETD Monday morning when the Embassy opens.

As for 'rubbish' only ignorance is rubbish.......

The British Embassy in BKK? Yes of course they are aware BUT do you think all the British Embassies in the world are linked up!

Uh, nowadays we have phones, faxes, and internet most anywhere. I suppose shortwave could be used in a pinch.

I know of 2 people he has helped get out of the country without a passport and with the police chasing them. Corruption on the border is all that's needed.

HE will go straight to Penang and apply for an ETD Monday morning when the Embassy opens.

No he won't. You been watchin' The Great Train Robbery a few too many times.

Besides, he's obviously an idiot.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Uh, nowadays we have phones, faxes, and internet most anywhere. I suppose shortwave could be used in a pinch.

No he won't. You been watchin' The Great Train Robbery a few too many times.

Besides, he's obviously an idiot.

Seeing as I only knew him for what only 7 maybe 8 years and knew of some of his side line ventures I guess you obviously knew he better than I did.

As for him being an idiot that's an understatement......

Edited by Para

Maybe he did that in the " old days " but not now. UK passports are now dealt with in regional centres ( since 2010 )

there are only 7 regional UK passport centres ( Düsseldorf, Hong Kong, Madrid, Paris, Pretoria, Washington, and Wellington.)

for the whole world so I am pretty sure they would linked up in this day and age.

If he goes to Penang as you say I dont think he will get much in the way of a document there because

all UK passport applications for Asia are all dealt with in Hong Kong. I am sure they will know the score there.

Edited by Asiantravel

Maybe he did that in the " old days " but not now. UK passports are now dealt with in regional centres ( since 2010 )

there are only 7 regional UK passport centres ( Düsseldorf, Hong Kong, Madrid, Paris, Pretoria, Washington, and Wellington.)

for the whole world so I am pretty sure they would linked up in this day and age.

If he goes to Penang as you say I dont think he will get much in the way of a document there because

all UK passport applications for Asia are all dealt with in Hong Kong. I am sure they will know the score there.

Who said anything about him applying for a new passport in Penang? I said he would get a ETD which is an Emergency Travel Document issued by the local Embassy valid for a one direction trip back to the UK with I *think* up to 5 stops allowed and issued the same day.

All he needs is a Malaysian police document saying his PP has been lost/stolen/whatever.

From the following link...... http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/

Emergency Travel Document (ETD)

To obtain an Emergency Travel Document (ETD), the applicant must apply in person. They will need to establish if the country they are planning to travel to accepts ETDs. To do this, they will need to contact that country's embassy.

An ETD is valid for only one return journey out of Thailand which can be to a maximum of five destinations. A person may only be issued with 2 ETDs within a 12 month period.

Please bring the following:

• completed application form
  • recently taken passport sized photograph
  • proof of your confirmed travel plans (e.g. travel itinerary, hotel booking etc.)
  • If you are resident in Thailand, proof that your passport is unavailable (If lost/stolen; a police report).
  • copy of passport data page
  • payment

He has the connections to get across the border the rest is a bit of smooth talk to the MY British Embassy.

Where has it been reported he has left Thailand? have i missed some thing. As in, see it its an assumption then everybody goes off on its a done thing. Same as he fled country posts, well maybe he just went on a planned trip back to the UK or some thing. Personally i have read many threads and articles else where and based on that would assume he will be here to appear in court. But has he left the counrty already Para?

Edited by marstons

Who said anything about him applying for a new passport in Penang? I said he would get a ETD which is an Emergency Travel Document issued by the local Embassy valid for a one direction trip back to the UK with I *think* up to 5 stops allowed and issued the same day.

All he needs is a Malaysian police document saying his PP has been lost/stolen/whatever.

From the following link...... http://ukinthailand....nals/passports/

Emergency Travel Document (ETD)

To obtain an Emergency Travel Document (ETD), the applicant must apply in person. They will need to establish if the country they are planning to travel to accepts ETDs. To do this, they will need to contact that country's embassy.

An ETD is valid for only one return journey out of Thailand which can be to a maximum of five destinations. A person may only be issued with 2 ETDs within a 12 month period.

Please bring the following:

• completed application form
  • recently taken passport sized photograph
  • proof of your confirmed travel plans (e.g. travel itinerary, hotel booking etc.)
  • If you are resident in Thailand, proof that your passport is unavailable (If lost/stolen; a police report).
  • copy of passport data page
  • payment

He has the connections to get across the border the rest is a bit of smooth talk to the MY British Embassy.

but the same website you have provided says

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

do you honestly think they will give him one if he has skipped bail ?

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

Where has it been reported he has left Thailand? have i missed some thing. As in, see it its an assumption then everybody goes off on its a done thing. Same as he fled country posts, well maybe he just went on a planned trip back to the UK or some thing. Personally i have read many threads and articles else where and based on that would assume he will be here to appear in court. But has he left the counrty already Para?

My friend when you are running from the police you don't make public announcements!

When you are arrested the first thing they do is take your phone to check that the second is your PP to check if its valid. The passport is held by the courts and regardless of getting bail is not returned till the case id over.

Unfortunately I learned the hard way about Tinsleys character hence my intense dislike of him but I knew him for many years. If he got bail with the connections he has do you think he will stick around for what I guess could be attempted murder or at the very least aggravated assault?

When bailed you are required to make a court appearance in person every 12 days (from the day of arrest) for a maximum of 84 days so 7 visits which is when the police have to formally charge you or release you. Lets see in 10 days if he make a show at the court!

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

no he certainly won't now. not in Malaysia or anywhere !

My friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank ) has said she is sending an urgent priority 1 bulletin today to all UK offices

and embassies to be prepared for this person in case he should he happen to walk through their

door........

he can run be cant hide tongue.png

Edited by Asiantravel

My friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank ) has said she is sending an urgent priority 1 bulletin today to all UK offices

and embassies to be prepared for this person in case he should he happen to walk through their

door........

Karma is one very beautiful person.........

door........

Karma is one very beautiful person.........

thumbsup.gif

My friend when you are running from the police you don't make public announcements!

When you are arrested the first thing they do is take your phone to check that the second is your PP to check if its valid. The passport is held by the courts and regardless of getting bail is not returned till the case id over.

Unfortunately I learned the hard way about Tinsleys character hence my intense dislike of him but I knew him for many years. If he got bail with the connections he has do you think he will stick around for what I guess could be attempted murder or at the very least aggravated assault?

When bailed you are required to make a court appearance in person every 12 days (from the day of arrest) for a maximum of 84 days so 7 visits which is when the police have to formally charge you or release you. Lets see in 10 days if he make a show at the court!

Well you stated "by now he will be in Malayasia" whats your source for that? seems strange he runs comes back, gets bail and according to you has run again. is it not possible to wait and see if it is official he hs skipped bail.

Well you stated "by now he will be in Malayasia" whats your source for that? seems strange he runs comes back, gets bail and according to you has run again. is it not possible to wait and see if it is official he hs skipped bail.

Immigration connection on the Thai/Malay border and the fact he has helped other out that way lead me to he will follow what he knows.

Yes of course its possible to wait till he skips bail but please tell me how anyone will know? When arrested you are allowed a visit from the Embassy to arrange a lawyer if you need. In Tinsley's case he would know what lawyer to use to all the Embassy will know is he has been arrested, bailed and possibly the name of his lawyer. He has to show at court every 12 days otherwise he is considered in breach of his bail conditions and a warrant will be issued. The Embassy ask you when you are arrested if you want information on your case to be given out. If he chooses no then how will you find out?

Think about it how many times do you hear of Farrang being arrested AND then hear the outcome of the case? Have a guess why that is......

Would the fat bald thug have a case to answer in the UK, that is could the victim lay charges against him, even if they are civil? Thats if he survives.

Seems you are as big a fan of his as I am!

I doubt he would unfortunately. He would go the same way Thaksin did and claim his trial would be unfair, against human rights and all that BS. Remember we have one of the oldest and fairest judicial systems in the world where we are judged by a panel of our peers. In Thailand there is a single bored judge making the decisions.

Even if he got ETD in Malaysia he would never be allowed to leave without verifying his entry stamp. If one loses a passport in Malaysia one must provide the boarder point of entry and date to receive a provisional replacement entry stamp.

I personally don't believe the rummer that he is on bail, I think if it was true, Andre Drummond would have reported it by now.

Would the fat bald thug have a case to answer in the UK, that is could the victim lay charges against him, even if they are civil? Thats if he survives.

Seems you are as big a fan of his as I am!

I doubt he would unfortunately. He would go the same way Thaksin did and claim his trial would be unfair, against human rights and all that BS. Remember we have one of the oldest and fairest judicial systems in the world where we are judged by a panel of our peers. In Thailand there is a single bored judge making the decisions.

I just wonder if he could mount a civil case based on common law

Problem is the offense took place in Thailand so would a British court entertain such a notion? I am better versed with Thai law than English!

That's the only option I can see as the offense took place in Thailand what are the chances of Tinsley getting caught in the UK and extradited? I guess if the worst happened to Mr. Pickles then that's possible but again the UK courts would I am sure rule that Tinsley wouldn't receive a fair hearing.

The runt isn't (that) stupid so if he gets back to the UK he is going to keep his head down and have to relocate.

What would be nice is if the family of Mr Pickles were to be able to find Tinsley first. Live by the wheel brace, die by the wheel brace.......

• Like 1

When someone turns up at an embassy wanting an ETD, do they not have to check with a centralized department in the UK To:

• to check the applicants true identity?
  • to check the applicants entitlement?
  • to check the applicant is not a wanted criminal?
  • flag up the passport as lost/stolen

Before anyone can get a ETD or apply for a replacement they would need a police report, making a false statement is a crime in virtually any country, also any country would want to know how he entered as this would probable be illegal entry so more problems?

When someone turns up at an embassy wanting an ETD, do they not have to check with a centralized department in the UK To:

• to check the applicants true identity?
  • to check the applicants entitlement?
  • to check the applicant is not a wanted criminal?
  • flag up the passport as lost/stolen

Before anyone can get a ETD or apply for a replacement they would need a police report, making a false statement is a crime in virtually any country, also any country would want to know how he entered as this would probable be illegal entry so more problems?

Interesting comment regarding the requirements for an ETD. I know them but why not call the Embassy in BKK or the Consul in Pattaya and ask them what checks are made before an ETD is issued?

'making a false statement is a crime in virtually any country'

What and smashing in another persons head is a lesser crime!

Look I know the 'service' Tinsley was offering people to leave via Malaysia FACT.

How hard do you really think it is to go into a police station and report a missing PP? Do you think even non corrupt MY police would question it let alone say a local station to the border that had a vested interest.

I am sure that will draw more comments about watching too many movies......

Problem is the offense took place in Thailand so would a British court entertain such a notion? I am better versed with Thai law than English!

That's the only option I can see as the offense took place in Thailand what are the chances of Tinsley getting caught in the UK and extradited? I guess if the worst happened to Mr. Pickles then that's possible but again the UK courts would I am sure rule that Tinsley wouldn't receive a fair hearing.

The runt isn't (that) stupid so if he gets back to the UK he is going to keep his head down and have to relocate.

What would be nice is if the family of Mr Pickles were to be able to find Tinsley first. Live by the wheel brace, die by the wheel brace.......

A civil case, only damages can be awarded, he could not be sent to prison and even if damages were awarded there is little chance of getting much out of him.

I am sure if he ever got back to the the UK the British authorities would willingly extradite him if asked.

Also if he gets out to Malaysia, Lao, Burma, Vietnam and even Cambodia would return him if asked.

A civil case, only damages can be awarded, he could not be sent to prison and even if damages were awarded there is little chance of getting much out of him.

I am sure if he ever got back to the the UK the British authorities would willingly extradite him if asked.

Also if he gets out to Malaysia, Lao, Burma, Vietnam and even Cambodia would return him if asked.

Well when Thailand expressed an interest in Thaksin to be returned to Thailand to face his crimes he pleaded against it siting unfair trial and won.

Well when Thailand expressed an interest in Thaksin to be returned to Thailand to face his crimes he pleaded against it siting unfair trial and won.

Did they actually file an extradition request?