Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

no he certainly won't now. not in Malaysia or anywhere !

My friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank ) has said she is sending an urgent priority 1 bulletin today to all UK offices

and embassies to be prepared for this person in case he should he happen to walk through their

door........

he can run be cant hide tongue.png

Karma is one very beautiful person.........

Foreign office' urgent priority messages' are usually binned in my experience unless its accompanied by a message saying the 'Hardship Allowance' has been raised. Its against work policy. Comes under 'over-assisting'. biggrin.png

under normal circumstances perhaps but this time this case

has generated so much empathy with the victim and such disgust

regarding the alleged perpetrator that i have been assured these bulletins

were accompanied by a special ( and personal ) request to sellotape the message

to be displayed in a very prominent location at all missions wink.png

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had it confirmed he is out on bail after "paying to get out the back door" on his 3rd attempt.

So that's Thai justice for you, what a joke.

Attempted murder, previous convictions for fraud & fake visas, he changed his name by deed poll in the UK to try and avoid being caught - and they still let him walk free!!

Sadly I am not surprised he knew too many people in Pattaya to help him get bail.

What I don't understand is you say he was lifted at the airport coming back into Thailand? Why was he held in Pattaya the Bangkok police should of grabbed him and held him in BKK where he would never of made bail.That's actually a mute point the little runt is out of jail and I am guessing Thailand by now.

TiT Amazing Thailand where the only people in prison are the ones without the money or connections to buy their way out. Why do you think court decisions are NEVER reported? Its corruption from top to bottom.....

no he certainly won't now. not in Malaysia or anywhere !

My friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank ) has said she is sending an urgent priority 1 bulletin today to all UK offices

and embassies to be prepared for this person in case he should he happen to walk through their

door........

he can run be cant hide tongue.png

Foreign office' urgent priority messages' are usually binned in my experience unless its accompanied by a message saying the 'Hardship Allowance' has been raised. Its against work policy. Comes under 'over-assisting'. biggrin.png

I am afraid your assurance were in vain. There is still an appeal for Maddy McCann at the Embassy but no watch our for Mr. Tinsley.

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

do you honestly think they will give him one if he has skipped bail ?

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

All that is require for an ETD is a police report stating you have lost your passport (You do not have to tell police where, why, etc) and proof that you had a passport before (photocopy will do) and 75 quid. Same day service. Get to the Embassy before 11 am and tell them you need a flight immediately, Its tried and trusted by crooks. Front desk staff are mostly Thai. They do not read the Pattaya enlgish language newspapers, well few people do. Brits dont like too much contact. But there is a Thai woman in the gatehouse who is very inquisite.

'Have you got a police report?

'Yes'

Well I'm going through.

"Let me see you police report!"

"You don't believe me. Am I going to lie about that?'

'Show me your police report'.

(And that was the Deputy Head of Mission I believe)

All that is require for an ETD is a police report stating you have lost your passport

Not when your name has been printed out in bold red writing and has pasted the wall

with an explanatory message to the staff in all UK missions

to effectively be " on the look out " for one Sean Henry Tinsley ph34r.png

I am afraid your assurance were in vain. There is still an appeal for Maddy McCann at the Embassy but no watch our for Mr. Tinsley.

oh but there is biggrin.png

Not when your name has been printed out in bold red writing and has pasted the wall

with an explanatory message to the staff in all UK missions

to effectively be " on the look out " for one Sean Henry Tinsley ph34r.png

Call me dumb but its been said he changed his name so I am guessing the name on his 'current' passport isn't sean runt tinsley but joe blogs.

How do you know that UK officials in all neighboring countries are aware of whats going on with him?

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

do you honestly think they will give him one if he has skipped bail ?

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

What's all this about - Malaysia, Eurostar etc. You're kidding of course. I rather think the Eurostar is watched as there are thousands of 'refugees' waiting to catch it in France and Belgium smile.png Whats's wrong with him catching a flight? Do you really think there is an all points bulletin out? He can I guess apply for a full passport. It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive. The Embassy has previously issued passports to people on bail. As for those who believe that the Ministry of Education, the school, or rich parents step in to help - we'll don't bet on it.

I am suprised anybody who has been around the place for any amount of time is suprised at this (bail), forgone conclusion, the guy maybe be bad, but he is not stupid and would not have come back I if he did not know this would happen. Was there any responce whilst the worlds media have been reporting on this but the Pattaya media have not, unless i have missed it.

Despite the reoprts that the police know about the weapon i seriously doubt it, a friend of mine was found in12 inches of water verdict suicide, pictures showed head wounds verdict changed to assisted suicide.

Unless the school can bring pressure to bear i cannot see this going any where, it does seem prity clear that Tinsleys car was hit and Mr Pickles drove off judging by the video evidence. Not a good start, then the encounter outsie paradise bar again witness's and evidence seem scarce. Has anything been reported in the Pattaya press.

What's all this about - Malaysia, Eurostar etc. You're kidding of course. I rather think the Eurostar is watched as there are thousands of 'refugees' waiting to catch it in France and Belgium smile.png Whats's wrong with him catching a flight? Do you really think there is an all points bulletin out? He can I guess apply for a full passport. It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive. The Embassy has previously issued passports to people on bail. As for those who believe that the Ministry of Education, the school, or rich parents step in to help - we'll don't bet on it.

If you had been reading the thread it has been said he skipped out of the UK after a name change you think he can just walk through customs?

You really think BKK Embassy will not be aware of whats going on here and will issue either an ETD or replacement PP! He will have to get the ETD from another country.

'The Embassy has previously issued passports to people on bail'

I am going to say this is total BS because I know people that have tried BUT will gladly post a apology IF you can prove what you are saying....

If you had been reading the thread it has been said he skipped out of the UK after a name change you think he can just walk through customs?

You really think BKK Embassy will not be aware of whats going on here and will issue either an ETD or replacement PP! He will have to get the ETD from another country.

I am going to say this is total BS because I know people that have tried BUT will gladly post a apology IF you can prove what you are saying....

No apology needed. I am not going to argue the point. Just say it is so. They won't issue passports though if the crime liaison officer has a beef.. Hope you don't know too many people who tried to get out while on bail?

Edited by flyingsporran

As I understand it he changed his name before when he got deported from thailand before for the dodgy visa thing. He is not leaving Thailand to get any ETD, and most nights can be seen out drinking in the bars.

As I understand it he changed his name before when he got deported from thailand before for the dodgy visa thing. He is not leaving Thailand to get any ETD, and most nights can be seen out drinking in the bars.

I just read that he changed it recently when he returned to the uk.... My mistake. But usually when people get deported that nameis blacklisted.

No apology needed. I am not going to argue the point. Just say it is so. They won't issue passports though if the crime liaison officer has a beef.. Hope you don't know too many people who tried to get out while on bail?

The thing is he can possibly get away with an ETD as the Embassy doesn't check with Thai immigrations BUT to get a replacement passport they have to coordinate with immigrations arrival date/stamp etc, this is where he would come unstuck not the Embassy side but the Immigration side. He cant bribe anyone that way but can obviously skip through the various crossings he has contacts with.

Apologies for the tone of my reply it was one of them days and I misdirected my frustration to you.

'Hope you don't know too many people who tried to get out while on bail?'

I would be a total mug to give an honest answer to that one don't you think!

Any guesses on whether Tinsley gets some street justice should he continue to show his face around Pattaya?

He knows a lot of police and is VERY careful about people knowing where his house is. I woudl like to think he would get a serious hiding or at least shut out by the circle of peopel he hangs around with. But hey TiT and who can ever say......

But usually when people get deported that nameis blacklisted.

They should be but not always. I know someone who was deported for working without the right papers, he was at the IDC for a while he went home for 2 months got a 1 year visa and flew back no name change.

Anyone serving jail time is (supposed) to be blacklisted but did you know that even if charged but found not guilty at court you can also be blacklisted?

Any guesses on whether Tinsley gets some street justice should he continue to show his face around Pattaya?

Doubt it, who would want to risk getting in bother them sleves, after all the facts of what happened are from from clear and he probably hangs around the darkside with friends anyway. As to yet its not been proven he hit the guy over the head with an iron bar, other reports have other "stories" has to who struck the first blow and how the inury was sustained. Just have to wait and see if the prosecuter thinks he has enough evidence to preserve his reputation and get a result. Seems more about keeping the schools image intact than anything esle. world wise news except Pattaya press.

I am new here so want to clarify my position. I taught with Adam for 5 years. I consider myself a good friend of Adam and latterly his parents. All the stuff being written on here is actually helping this person, Mr Tinsley. I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges.

Does anyone really think that Mr Tinsley is not taking this very seriously? It is absolutely certain that his legal team are hoping to build their case around intimidation of their client and will no doubt use many of the posts from this site to further their cause in a Thai court when the time comes. He has obviously been instructed to go out every night so that an incident may be caused to further his case. I understand he is ensuring he is very visible, and being rather a pain as he does his rounds. This may be more likely to provoke a response from people who have no time for him.

I hope justice is done in all cases and that the path of true justice is not wrecked by inaccurate and hearsay posts on websites that any legal team would be stupid to ignore.

CAN EVERYONE BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY AS THE CASE AGAINST MR TINSLEY MAY BE PREJUDICED!!!

Thanks for listening (or reading), particularly those friends of Mr Tinsley who have a propensity for unsubstantiated statements on here. May justice and truth be ultimately served.

I am new here so want to clarify my position.... I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges....It is absolutely certain that his legal team are hoping to build their case around intimidation of their client and will no doubt use many of the posts from this site to further their cause in a Thai court when the time comes ...

CAN EVERYONE BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY AS THE CASE AGAINST MR TINSLEY MAY BE PREJUDICED!!!

Presumably you are also "new" to the Thai legal system. There are no juries here to "prejudice", just a judge, and the chance of any judge here admitting that he has been prejudiced by anything he has read on TV (or anywhere else) is somewhere between zero and non-existent.

I am new here so want to clarify my position. I taught with Adam for 5 years. I consider myself a good friend of Adam and latterly his parents. All the stuff being written on here is actually helping this person, Mr Tinsley. I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges.

Does anyone really think that Mr Tinsley is not taking this very seriously? It is absolutely certain that his legal team are hoping to build their case around intimidation of their client and will no doubt use many of the posts from this site to further their cause in a Thai court when the time comes. He has obviously been instructed to go out every night so that an incident may be caused to further his case. I understand he is ensuring he is very visible, and being rather a pain as he does his rounds. This may be more likely to provoke a response from people who have no time for him.

I hope justice is done in all cases and that the path of true justice is not wrecked by inaccurate and hearsay posts on websites that any legal team would be stupid to ignore.

Thanks for listening (or reading), particularly those friends of Mr Tinsley who have a propensity for unsubstantiated statements on here. May justice and truth be ultimately served.

There are no impressionable juries in Thailand and I doubt the Judge is a board member.

edit: I just said the same thing as previous poster, didn't read the thread properly!

Edited by Satcommlee

.....The thing is he can possibly get away with an ETD as the Embassy doesn't check with Thai immigrations BUT to get a replacement passport they have to coordinate with immigrations arrival date/stamp etc, this is where he would come unstuck not the Embassy side but the Immigration side. ....

Not so.

The Embassy have nothing to do with issuing replacement passports. Nothing. They are issued directly from the UK, applied for through Hong Kong.

There is no coordination with Thai "immigrations arrival date/stamp etc." None. Transferring visa details, stamps, etc, from one passport to another or retrieving them from Thai immigration records and entering them in a replacement passport is entirely the individual's responsibility and always has been. The only help the Embassy will give or involvement they will have is to supply the address of the Thai Immigration offices; this applied even when the Embassy used to do some work and issued passports themselves.

Even if an Embassy were to take an interest (not that there is much chance of that happening with the British Embassy here, despite Asiantravel's "friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank )" ), coordinating passport issues with Thai immigration would be impossible in many cases with those having dual-nationality needing to replace passports (while in Thailand) which have no details recorded with Thai immigration.

Whilst I wish Adam Pickles a speedy recovery and could never condone the violence used in this incident.

I'm not sure 'attempted murder' will stick, it is now well publicised that Adam had previously been in a coma after a very nasty bike accident and had to have re-constructive surgery etc, it may be fair to say that he was in a very weakened state, and any action from the bloke that hit him may have opened up an old injury so to speak.

It is only if this Tinsley bloke knew of Mr Pickles prior condition would an attempted murder conviction stick.

It so tragic that Mr pickles future so desperately hangs in the balance, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced that it was attempted murder, certainly not over a car incident, and I fear that the Thai courts may take the same opinion.

It still remains a very serious assault with the most terrible consequences, but a downgrade of the charge should be expected.

I am also concerned by the lack of local media coverage, they were very quick to jump on the Adam Pickles charity bandwagon.. but not the actual incident itself which is sickening to me, they pretend to omit news because it gives "Thailand a bad name" but are very quick to put up photo's of Drugged Arabs and ladyboys, and photo's of geriatric's who's tickers conked out in short time rooms and the copious numbers of shooting incidents in the Thai bars but not a real story like this which has touched most of us in some way.

• Like 1

.....The thing is he can possibly get away with an ETD as the Embassy doesn't check with Thai immigrations BUT to get a replacement passport they have to coordinate with immigrations arrival date/stamp etc, this is where he would come unstuck not the Embassy side but the Immigration side. ....

Not so.

The Embassy have nothing to do with issuing replacement passports. Nothing. They are issued directly from the UK, applied for through Hong Kong.

Agree 100% with that fact.

There is no coordination with Thai "immigrations arrival date/stamp etc." None. Transferring visa details, stamps, etc, from one passport to another or retrieving them from Thai immigration records and entering them in a replacement passport is entirely the individual's responsibility and always has been. The only help the Embassy will give or involvement they will have is to supply the address of the Thai Immigration offices; this applied even when the Embassy used to do some work and issued passports themselves.

Really remember we are not talking about simply replacing a passport we are talking about using it to leave the country. When a foreigner is nicked the first thing that's done is a check on the validity of their visa with immigrations

Then you have the following scenarios.....

Firstly you have the 'Average Joe' who is overstayed his visa by 6 months+ what does he do pay the 20K fine and risk a stay at the IDC OR according to you just pay 6k (or whatever it is now) for a replacement passport and walk out?

Then there is Mr. Goodguy comes on holiday for 2 weeks and loses his PP. A replacement will take up to 4 weeks an ETD is issued the same day. But Mr Goodguy chooses to hang about for a replacement when he goes to leave, according to you WITHOUT any entry stamps he can just walk through again having been forced to overstay his 30 day on arrival visa while waiting for the replacement PP?

Now specifically to the runt. He is on bail which means his details are registered with immigrations as being so. He applies for a new PP in Thailand and receives it. What do you think is going to happen the second he shows that passport at Swampy immigrations and the see his name in big red letters 'Awaiting Trial on Bail'?

coordinating passport issues with Thai immigration would be impossible in many cases with those having dual-nationality needing to replace passports (while in Thailand) which have no details recorded with Thai immigration.

What percentage of Thailand visitors do you really think have dual nationality passports? Sure I agree a dual Irish/English traveler could in on their English PP and leave on their Irish BUT the Irish PP won’t have any stamps and the name is the same as the one on the English AND no proof of entry!

There is however a VERY worrying loophole in all this. Anyone on bail can through a lawyer make an application to the court for a 'Permission to travel document' The lawyer will have to give a reason for the person to return home for a *fixed time* citing either family health problems or if they owe money. Not having money isn’t enough to get a PTT.

Its up to the courts discretion is an additional bond is required sometimes for a small crime that has already received a not guilty in the criminal court but has been escalated to the appeal court by the police the bond can be zero.

You would of thought for someone whom I am guessing is facing an attempted murder charge that a PTT application would be laughed out of court. You would of also thought bail would of been as well.

If this was being handled in BKK I can guarantee runt wouldn't of made bail. But his Pattaya connections got him bail if he has that pull then a PTT without additional bond (but obvious tea money) wouldn’t surprise me. He could legally leave the country just as long as he keeps his agreement to return by the date stated on the ETT.....

Amazing Thailand, if you have money and connections......

Again my comments are simply opinions but I spend a lot of time working with people that have been arrested or are in prison so I would like to think my opinions are fairly accurate. If you can show me where I am wrong I will gladly publicly apologize.

Whilst I wish Adam Pickles a speedy recovery and could never condone the violence used in this incident.

I'm not sure 'attempted murder' will stick, it is now well publicised that Adam had previously been in a coma after a very nasty bike accident and had to have re-constructive surgery etc, it may be fair to say that he was in a very weakened state, and any action from the bloke that hit him may have opened up an old injury so to speak.

It is only if this Tinsley bloke knew of Mr Pickles prior condition would an attempted murder conviction stick.

It so tragic that Mr pickles future so desperately hangs in the balance, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced that it was attempted murder, certainly not over a car incident, and I fear that the Thai courts may take the same opinion.

It still remains a very serious assault with the most terrible consequences, but a downgrade of the charge should be expected.

I am also concerned by the lack of local media coverage, they were very quick to jump on the Adam Pickles charity bandwagon.. but not the actual incident itself which is sickening to me, they pretend to omit news because it gives "Thailand a bad name" but are very quick to put up photo's of Drugged Arabs and ladyboys, and photo's of geriatric's who's tickers conked out in short time rooms and the copious numbers of shooting incidents in the Thai bars but not a real story like this which has touched most of us in some way.

"Not attempted murder". Can I suggest that you are not in possession of the full facts. A photo of Adam's crushed skull and doctor's reports are conclusive. The blow was administered with deadly force.I saw Adam in hospital. His skull is caved in from back to front by at least 4 to 5 cms. My eyes do not lie. To suggest that the earlier motorbike accident may have "much weakened Adam" is hearsay in the extreme. You are giving opinions that are plain wrong. They can be used by lawyers to build a defense. You sound so even handed TOO!

So if someone has been previously assaulted and had their nose broke then gets involved in another incident sometime after resulting in another broken nose will, in your opinion mean a downgrade of ABH to assault?

Get real regardless of Mr Pickles prior head injuries this poor SOB was hit with a metal bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new here so want to clarify my position.... I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges....It is absolutely certain that his legal team are hoping to build their case around intimidation of their client and will no doubt use many of the posts from this site to further their cause in a Thai court when the time comes ...

Presumably you are also "new" to the Thai legal system. There are no juries here to "prejudice", just a judge, and the chance of any judge here admitting that he has been prejudiced by anything he has read on TV (or anywhere else) is somewhere between zero and non-existent.

No mention of jury in my post. I would assume that judges don't have to confess to prejudice after they make a decision in court OR maybe I know nothing about the law. Judges, the last time I looked, are there to balance up all the existing evidence and make a decision. They do not have to say how they made their decisionor what influenced their decision. With respect, the comment "admitting that he had been prejudiced" is not relevent.

what part of here say is admissable in a court of law, you are an educated person do you serioulsy think his lawyers are reading this thread to help them in court. As i have seen it, only one side of the story has been put on here,, obviously people are interested in the other side, which i have not seen on here so i dont see where you think Tinsley's friends have been coming on. Other forums have more details that if a lawyer wanted to use would be more useful than on here. I doubt you are quilified to know what caused a wound just by looking at it, there is no reporting in the Pattaya press, does not take much working out why. I cant help but think your post is another attempt to paint a glossy picture and possibly a subtle way to get the thread shut down. I think you fellow newbie collegues made the same points as you. Yes the truth needs to come out and as yet there has been no trial and no evidence shown, just the local media shut down on the case which i consider to be wrong and a little opressive.

Firstly you have the 'Average Joe' who is overstayed his visa by 6 months+ what does he do pay the 20K fine and risk a stay at the IDC OR according to you just pay 6k (or whatever it is now) for a replacement passport and walk out?

No, according to me "Transferring visa details, stamps, etc, from one passport to another or retrieving them from Thai immigration records and entering them in a replacement passport is entirely the individual's responsibility and always has been." So if Mr 'Average Joe' gets a new passport (issued from the UK without any checks with Thai Immigration) it is then his responsibility to get his visa and arrival details entered in his new passport by Thai Immigration in Bangkok, when he will probably be arrested, and he will then still be liable to be fined, etc. If he goes to the airport or tries to "walk out" without those details in his passport then Immigration will enter his name and nationality in their computer and come up with those details, verifiable by the picture of him taken at immigration on arrival, and he will then be transferred to IDC, etc.

Then there is Mr. Goodguy comes on holiday for 2 weeks and loses his PP. A replacement will take up to 4 weeks an ETD is issued the same day. But Mr Goodguy chooses to hang about for a replacement when he goes to leave, according to you WITHOUT any entry stamps he can just walk through again having been forced to overstay his 30 day on arrival visa while waiting for the replacement PP?

No, according to me "Transferring visa details, stamps, etc, from one passport to another or retrieving them from Thai immigration records and entering them in a replacement passport is entirely the individual's responsibility and always has been." So if Mr 'Good Guy' gets a new passport (issued from the UK without any checks with Thai Immigration) it is then his responsibility to get his visa and arrival details entered in his new passport by Thai Immigration in Bangkok, when he will probably be arrested, and he will then be liable to be fined, etc. If he goes to the airport or tries to "just walk through" without those details in his passport then Immigration will enter his name and nationality in their computer and come up with those details, verifiable by the picture of him taken at immigration on arrival, and he will then be transferred to IDC, etc.

Now specifically to the runt. He is on bail which means his details are registered with immigrations as being so. He applies for a new PP in Thailand and receives it. What do you think is going to happen the second he shows that passport at Swampy immigrations and the see his name in big red letters 'Awaiting Trial on Bail'?

I "think" he would be arrested. I have never speculated or commented on anything to do with this case, including speculating on where he could apply for a new passport. Hypothetically someone could, for example, cross the border illegally into a neighbouring country whose immigration procedures are less advanced and not fully computerised, then claim to have lost their passport and apply for a replacement and depart from the neighbouring country having sorted out visa/immigration details there . I was simply pointing out that your post that "The thing is he can possibly get away with an ETD as the Embassy doesn't check with Thai immigrations BUT to get a replacement passport they have to coordinate with immigrations arrival date/stamp etc, this is where he would come unstuck not the Embassy side but the Immigration side. ...." was incorrect as there is no such "co-ordination" prior to a passport being issued.

What percentage of Thailand visitors do you really think have dual nationality passports? Sure I agree a dual Irish/English traveler could in on their English PP and leave on their Irish BUT the Irish PP won’t have any stamps and the name is the same as the one on the English AND no proof of entry!

How many visitors or residents have dual nationality is irrelevant - I was simply pointing out that "coordinating passport issues with Thai immigration would be impossible in many cases with those having dual-nationality needing to replace passports (while in Thailand) which have no details recorded with Thai immigration" as an example of why Embassies or the countries issuing passports directly (such as the UK) cannot check with any other country's Immigration authorities or "coordinate with immigrations arrival date/stamp etc" prior to issuing a new passport.

I never suggested that someone could enter using the passport from one nationality and leave on the other - just that those with dual nationality may have to replace the passport they are not using in Thailand while they are there, and because that passport would have to be issued without any checks or co-ordination with any other country's Immigration authority no such checks are (or can) be made before the passport is issued; the only check made is with Interpol for a "Red Notice" (sometimes wrongly called an International Arrest Warrant) . I have more than one nationality, including British, and have occasionally had to replace the passports I was not "using" when here as they were expiring; I have frequently left Thailand on one passport/nationality then arrived in another country and entered and left on a second passport/nationality and subsequently returned to Thailand on that second passport/nationality - sometimes after going through immigration (enter and depart), sometimes after just turning around in transit and re-entering Thailand, sometimes with an "old" passport, sometimes with a brand new passport with no other country's arrival/exit stamps. Nothing illegal or "James Bond" about it, it was simply a way of spending the minimum amount of time outside Thailand, once a year, and living here permanently and legally when I was far too young for Retirement Extensions and not working here.

I don't want to digress into visa issues but I am just pointing out that, apart from with Interpol, no checks are made with foreign Police or Immigration authorities before a passport is issued so obtaining a new passport is seldom a problem as long as you can supply the relevant supporting documentation - what the recipient then does with the passport is then up to them.

No need for any apology!