Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

I am new here so want to clarify my position.... I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges....It is absolutely certain that his legal team are hoping to build their case around intimidation of their client and will no doubt use many of the posts from this site to further their cause in a Thai court when the time comes ...

CAN EVERYONE BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY AS THE CASE AGAINST MR TINSLEY MAY BE PREJUDICED!!!

Presumably you are also "new" to the Thai legal system. There are no juries here to "prejudice", just a judge, and the chance of any judge here admitting that he has been prejudiced by anything he has read on TV (or anywhere else) is somewhere between zero and non-existent.

No mention of jury in my post. I would assume that judges don't have to confess to prejudice after they make a decision in court OR maybe I know nothing about the law. Judges, the last time I looked, are there to balance up all the existing evidence and make a decision. They do not have to say how they made their decisionor what influenced their decision. With respect, the comment "admitting that he had been prejudiced" is not relevent.

Correct - apparently you "know nothing about the law".

There are only three parties involved in any trial here: the defence, the prosecution and the judge.

The defence is prejudiced for the defendant in his defence (that's their job). The prosecution is prejudiced against the defendant in his prosecution (that's their job). The judge is supposed to be impartial in making his judgement (that's his job).

Your post centred around "I am sure his lawyers will be delighted by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here to help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges" and you appealed that "CAN EVERYONE BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY AS THE CASE AGAINST MR TINSLEY MAY BE PREJUDICED!!!"

If the judge's admitting he had been prejudiced "is not relevent"(sic) then there is nothing that can "help form a case of prejudice against their client as a way of escaping the charges" and, with respect, your posts here are "not relevent"(sic) - unless you are labouring under the truly bizarre idea that an appeal court judge may overturn a guilty verdict on the grounds that the original judge was prejudiced "by all the hearsay and accusations being made on here", in which case there's not really much more to be said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katie Jones climbs Africa's highest peak to help pay bills

A businesswoman has completed her gruelling trek to the summit of Africa’s tallest peak in aid of Keighley teacher Adam Pickles, the victim of an attack in Thailand. Katie Jones reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to watch the sun rise after six days of hiking and a seven-hour final climb in darkness and freezing temperatures.

The 36-year-old, whose efforts have raised hundreds of pounds with pledges still being made, said her life has been changed by the challenge dubbed “PickleManjaro” in aid of her friend, former Bradford Grammar School pupil Mr Pickles, who remains in a coma in Leeds General Infirmary.

Miss Jones, a director of education recruitment firm Provide Education, which has offices in Brighouse , marked her moment at the summit – 20,000 feet above sea level – by having her photograph taken with the specially-made T-shirt in aid of Mr Pickles, 40, who is still battling to wake up three months on from the brutal attack in Thailand that nearly killed him.

Continues:

http://www.thetelegr...imanjaro_climb/

Telegraph & Argus - August 17, 2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...