Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

Did they actually file an extradition request?

I know he had a legal team fight on the unfair trial reason but don't know if formal extradition papers were sent to the UK and the judges agreed his trial back in Thailand wouldn't follow the English requirements of fair.

But they knew/know he is a wanted criminal who skipped bail and still granted him a visa........

***EDITED

Just checked and YES Thailand did apply for Thaksin to be formally extradited.........LINK

Cambodia also denied the extradition request..... LINK

Edited by Para

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone turns up at an embassy wanting an ETD, do they not have to check with a centralized department in the UK To:

• to check the applicants true identity?
  • to check the applicants entitlement?
  • to check the applicant is not a wanted criminal?
  • flag up the passport as lost/stolen

Before anyone can get a ETD or apply for a replacement they would need a police report, making a false statement is a crime in virtually any country, also any country would want to know how he entered as this would probable be illegal entry so more problems?

Interesting comment regarding the requirements for an ETD. I know them but why not call the Embassy in BKK or the Consul in Pattaya and ask them what checks are made before an ETD is issued?

'making a false statement is a crime in virtually any country'

What and smashing in another persons head is a lesser crime!

Look I know the 'service' Tinsley was offering people to leave via Malaysia FACT.

How hard do you really think it is to go into a police station and report a missing PP? Do you think even non corrupt MY police would question it let alone say a local station to the border that had a vested interest.

I am sure that will draw more comments about watching too many movies......

hey PARA you seem to know a lot about all this and his activities.

they will not extridite for anything as Thailand still has the death penalty

And the last foreigner executed was when?

Ignorance irritates me so much.

A Farrang getting a death sentence has it automatically commuted to life. The treaty in place between Thailand and Britain means a prisoner will serve 1/3 of their sentence or 4 years which ever is less and then they are deported back and *expected* to serve half the original sentence less time on remand and time served. Someone with a life sentence has to serve 8 years in a Thai prison then they are deported back.

Even if he got ETD in Malaysia he would never be allowed to leave without verifying his entry stamp. If one loses a passport in Malaysia one must provide the boarder point of entry and date to receive a provisional replacement entry stamp.

I personally don't believe the rummer that he is on bail, I think if it was true, Andre Drummond would have reported it by now.

There seems to be many romurs and false information about this case. First of all an iron bar then a wheel brace then a tyre leaver and today in the yorkshire post a hammer.

I know Mr Tinsley through his visa shop and he has been able to do nothing but help me. Andrew Drummond reported he is 5'-8'' i am a lot taller than Mr Tinsley and i am 5'-4''

Basiclly nobody including me knows enough about this case as only one side pf it has been mentioned.

• Like 1

A Farrang getting a death sentence has it automatically commuted to life. The treaty in place between Thailand and Britain means a prisoner will serve 1/3 of their sentence or 4 years which ever is less and then they are deported back and *expected* to serve half the original sentence less time on remand and time served. Someone with a life sentence has to serve 8 years in a Thai prison then they are deported back.

Sorry if i missunderstood this but we were talking about him getting caught in the UK.

There seems to be many romurs and false information about this case. First of all an iron bar then a wheel brace then a tyre leaver and today in the yorkshire post a hammer.

I know Mr Tinsley through his visa shop and he has been able to do nothing but help me. Andrew Drummond reported he is 5'-8'' i am a lot taller than Mr Tinsley and i am 5'-4''

Basiclly nobody including me knows enough about this case as only one side pf it has been mentioned.

Totally agree which is why all my comments have been about the runt. An you are who exactly with only 5 TV posts to your name are you connected to this in someway?

Sorry if i missunderstood this but we were talking about him getting caught in the UK.

I understood what you said I was just pointing out facts on what happens to Farrang sentenced in Thailand.

Anyone thought for one minute that he doesn't need to skip bail....

The legal processes can take years and then there are the endless appeals.

If he's guilty then he may have a few years yet to think about skipping bail.

Sorry incorrect.

If he pleads not guilty then the trial will normally take place within 12 months.

If found guilty he get 1 shot at appeal with the current appeal backlog being between 2 and 3 years so it could take a total of 4 years. If the appeal court upholds the first criminal courts decision its all over. Yes there is a Supreme Court but that one only comes into play if the criminal court and appeal court disagree he get a shot with them which just drags out more time.

All the time he is on bail he is unable to (legally) work so no legit income.

Also know that while a British citizen 'only' serves 1/3 or 4 years that clock doesn't start till ALL appeals are over so he could be on bail for 4 years then serve 4 years unless he gets life (likely) where he will do 4 years on bail then 8 years in Bang Kwang (which ONLY houses prisoners sentenced to 20 years or more) then deported to Wandsworth nick first to serve out the remaining half of a life sentence which in the UK is 25 years so another 4.5 years in nick in the UK.

If he is guilty why on earth would he hang around as he will have a target on his back big time.......

Edited by Para
  • Like 1

I just wonder if he could mount a civil case based on common law

Problem is the offense took place in Thailand so would a British court entertain such a notion? I am better versed with Thai law than English!

That's the only option I can see as the offense took place in Thailand what are the chances of Tinsley getting caught in the UK and extradited? I guess if the worst happened to Mr. Pickles then that's possible but again the UK courts would I am sure rule that Tinsley wouldn't receive a fair hearing.

The runt isn't (that) stupid so if he gets back to the UK he is going to keep his head down and have to relocate.

What would be nice is if the family of Mr Pickles were to be able to find Tinsley first. Live by the wheel brace, die by the wheel brace.......

The Wakefield Express said it was a Hammer before that an Iron bar now a wheel brace. Do we really know what it was?

You seem to know your stuff on the justice system in Thailand but, i really dont understand your last comment " a target on his back" (newcommer to this only my 6th post)

He hurt someone who was obviously well liked and its big international news TiT after all...

Edited by Para

So PARA you have not read what i put then? ARREDTED IN THE UK ASPER THE STRING OF REPLIES ON THIS TOPIC.

Who am i with 5 posts?

Well i really thought your posts were really interesting with your knowledge, but with this comment about 5 posts, i am now left in doubt,.

All i was saying was he helped me when i first came out here and he has not done me a bad service that is why i was commenting on something that has took my interest and why not?

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

So PARA you have not read what i put then? ARREDTED IN THE UK ASPER THE STRING OF REPLIES ON THIS TOPIC.

Who am i with 5 posts?

Well i really thought your posts were really interesting with your knowledge, but with this comment about 5 posts, i am now left in doubt,.

All i was saying was he helped me when i first came out here and he has not done me a bad service that is why i was commenting on something that has took my interest and why not?

but with this comment about 5 posts, i am now left in doubt,.

Your doubt will certainly not cause me any loss of sleep.

'So PARA you have not read what i put then? ARREDTED IN THE UK ASPER '

Read this many times but still haven't the foggiest what it means in English!

'All i was saying was he helped me when i first came out here'

Good for you I wish I could say the same about him.

Bored of this topic and the worthless runt who resorted to hitting a teacher over the head with an iron bar I wont be replying any more........

Get well soon Mr. Pickles and may Karma get the justice you deserve.

Para

Edited by Para

I do agree to that PARA and pray for him to fully recover.

But Mr Tinsley has not been tried yet so who and how can we judge him? As other people have pointed out that there are two many uncertainties about this case. Drummund saying he was 5-8 when he's around 5-2 then papers saying Iron bar, you stateing a wheel brace 9on more than one occasion) and the Wakefield Express saying a hammer.

As you have said there should have a hearing soon, then we may understand a little more about this.

There are two sides to this as with all cases and because the police have been quiet we dont really know what has gone on.

The very start of this was when Mr. Pickles BUMPED, SCRATCHED OR SMASHED into Mr. Tinsley car and he drove off

(and no, it does not warrent what happend to him) but if, like the responcible person he is, why the h ell did'nt he get out of his car appologise and offer to pay for the damages if there were any.

• Like 2

There are two sides to this as with all cases and because the police have been quiet we dont really know what has gone on.

The very start of this was when Mr. Pickles BUMPED, SCRATCHED OR SMASHED into Mr. Tinsley car and he drove off

(and no, it does not warrent what happend to him) but if, like the responcible person he is, why the h ell did'nt he get out of his car appologise and offer to pay for the damages if there were any.

He was on a bike, he bumped the runts car and no damage was caused. Try reading the OPs post before you comment.

I do agree to that PARA and pray for him to fully recover.

But Mr Tinsley has not been tried yet so who and how can we judge him? As other people have pointed out that there are two many uncertainties about this case. Drummund saying he was 5-8 when he's around 5-2 then papers saying Iron bar, you stateing a wheel brace 9on more than one occasion) and the Wakefield Express saying a hammer.

As you have said there should have a hearing soon, then we may understand a little more about this.

Information from various dates had been passed around the media, therefore not all of what is published is accurate. The police know exactly what the 'weapon' was.

We can get Mr Tinsley's correct height using a tape measure, what difference does it make?

The only uncertainties are being produced by lazy or misinformed reporting & from rumours spread on forums such as this.

Edited by Neil Clappison
  • Like 1

I just wonder if he could mount a civil case based on common law

Problem is the offense took place in Thailand so would a British court entertain such a notion? I am better versed with Thai law than English!

That's the only option I can see as the offense took place in Thailand what are the chances of Tinsley getting caught in the UK and extradited? I guess if the worst happened to Mr. Pickles then that's possible but again the UK courts would I am sure rule that Tinsley wouldn't receive a fair hearing.

The runt isn't (that) stupid so if he gets back to the UK he is going to keep his head down and have to relocate.

What would be nice is if the family of Mr Pickles were to be able to find Tinsley first. Live by the wheel brace, die by the wheel brace.......

We were waiting for an International arrest warrant, he would then have been arrested & tried in the UK.

Whilst we were waiting he flew back to Thailand, where of course he was arrested on entry.

Just to confirm he has NOT got bail, and won't get it.

• Like 1

Sorry for missing all this.

He definitely has NOT got bail.

He is still on remand & will remain so until trial.

Someone on Andrew Drummond's site reckoned Tinsley was drinking in his bar the other night. Is this a mistake or someone taking the mick out of AD?

He was on a bike, he bumped the runts car and no damage was caused. Try reading the OPs post before you comment.

More misinformation was it a car or a bike?

His best friend Steve Tomlinson, from Birmingham, Head of Music at the International School of the Regents said today “Adam was not a very good driver and the CCTV pictures suggest he might have scraped what I think was a white Toyota Fortuna. It’s a while since I have seen the video.

“But there was not a mark on Adam’s hired car so it could not have been serious.

Edited by marstons

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

do you honestly think they will give him one if he has skipped bail ?

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

Eurostar goes through St Pancras nowadays. coffee1.gif

Sorry for missing all this.

He definitely has NOT got bail.

He is still on remand & will remain so until trial.

Someone on Andrew Drummond's site reckoned Tinsley was drinking in his bar the other night. Is this a mistake or someone taking the mick out of AD?

Dont think it was a wind up. Tinsley spoke to Andrew Drummond today. Did not say how tall he was though.

Edited by flyingsporran

Our local consular offices can issue emergency travel documents, but you should be aware that background and identity checks will still need to be carried out before we can issue such a document and this may take time.

do you honestly think they will give him one if he has skipped bail ?

meanwhile i have already alerted a friend of mine who is in the UK Foreign Office about this guy

so tommorow if he tries what you suggest i think he will have a nasty shockwhistling.gif

OK follow me on this as it seems you are one of the rare ones that has half an idea whats going on here.

If he applies for an ETD in BKK they will do a background check with Thai immigrations and oh look he is on the hit list so no ETD. Skip over to Malaysia and any background checks will come up clean FOR MALAYSIA so an ETD can be issued.

Personally I LOATH this little fat bald runt and what he has done is disgusting BUT where I come from regardless you don't grass BUT if someone was to inform the FCO in the UK then quite possibly his world will fall apart. Only problem is time difference by the time the UK FCO opens he could well be on a flight.......

Now if it was me and I was also wanted back in the UK I would possibly make one of the en-route stops France, then jump the Eurostar walking through Waterloo with the ETD no chance of him getting stopped

All that is require for an ETD is a police report stating you have lost your passport (You do not have to tell police where, why, etc) and proof that you had a passport before (photocopy will do) and 75 quid. Same day service. Get to the Embassy before 11 am and tell them you need a flight immediately, Its tried and trusted by crooks. Front desk staff are mostly Thai. They do not read the Pattaya enlgish language newspapers, well few people do. Brits dont like too much contact. But there is a Thai woman in the gatehouse who is very inquisite.

'Have you got a police report?

'Yes'

Well I'm going through.

"Let me see you police report!"

"You don't believe me. Am I going to lie about that?'

'Show me your police report'.

(And that was the Deputy Head of Mission I believe)

• Like 1

no he certainly won't now. not in Malaysia or anywhere !

My friend at the Foreign Office (who is very senior in rank ) has said she is sending an urgent priority 1 bulletin today to all UK offices

and embassies to be prepared for this person in case he should he happen to walk through their

door........

he can run be cant hide tongue.png

Karma is one very beautiful person.........

Foreign office' urgent priority messages' are usually binned in my experience unless its accompanied by a message saying the 'Hardship Allowance' has been raised. Its against work policy. Comes under 'over-assisting'. biggrin.png

Edited by flyingsporran

All that is require for an ETD is a police report stating you have lost your passport (You do not have to tell police where, why, etc) and proof that you had a passport before (photocopy will do) and 75 quid. Same day service. Get to the Embassy before 11 am and tell them you need a flight immediately, Its tried and trusted by crooks. Front desk staff are mostly Thai. They do not read the Pattaya enlgish language newspapers, well few people do. Brits dont like too much contact. But there is a Thai woman in the gatehouse who is very inquisite.

'Have you got a police report?

'Yes'

Well I'm going through.

"Let me see you police report!"

"You don't believe me. Am I going to lie about that?'

'Show me your police report'.

(And that was the Deputy Head of Mission I believe)

Thank you FINALLY someone who knows how the system works here rather than just quoting BS they have no idea about.

I've just had it confirmed he is out on bail after "paying to get out the back door" on his 3rd attempt.

So that's Thai justice for you, what a joke.

Attempted murder, previous convictions for fraud & fake visas, he changed his name by deed poll in the UK to try and avoid being caught - and they still let him walk free!!