Recommendations For Car Alarm Installer

NanLaew

Any recommendations for a Pattaya car alarm installer? I have a new truck and I bought an Immobilizer/Alarm/Remote Start kit back in the UK. This would need to be someone with experience with 'chipped' secure ignition keys. I already have a OEM key fob that only has the lock and unlock buttons and a blanked off space where the third button (remote start or trunk release for a sedan) would be. Has anyone have good experience any of the local businesses? Don't want to have a hacked up wiring loom and have to carry 2 bulky key fobs (the alarm kit comes with a couple of 3-button fobs).

Also, the key fobs with the kit come with a couple of ignition key blanks. However, these are the new 'laser cut' ones, same as Range Rover and Mondeo's so wonder if there's also a car key cutter that is capable of doing these.

Thanks,

NL

Sent from the Back 'o Bennachie with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

Definitely Boy Air and Sound. I had an alarm, navigation system, backup camera, door guards and louder horns installed for 2/3 the price that the dealer wanted for JUST the nav system "on special". They do just about anything you can want to a car including body panels, custom paint, stereo systems etc..

They are North of town across from the Toyota dealer way outside of town. There is a Toyota dealer "in town" but this is across from the dealer farther out or town.

Definitely Boy Air and Sound. I had an alarm, navigation system, backup camera, door guards and louder horns installed for 2/3 the price that the dealer wanted for JUST the nav system "on special". They do just about anything you can want to a car including body panels, custom paint, stereo systems etc..

They are North of town across from the Toyota dealer way outside of town. There is a Toyota dealer "in town" but this is across from the dealer farther out or town.

Good advice!

Good advice!

Thanks chaps. I assume we are talking about Sukhumvit, on the way north to Chonburi? Is it between Naklua and the Rayong junction overpass or further north of that? And left-side or right-side when heading north?

one thing i would suggest is to ask for the freelance car alarm guy that they call in , he is way better than the fulltime guys they have there... those guys just seem to love cutting the connectors off everything!...they ruined a set of lights i bought for my car because they decided to make the wires shorter and remove all the connectors!

freelance guy is smart and able to think logically and fix problems... i like his work.

most of other guys there are more suited to attacing chrome door handles and hello kitti stickers...which there is obviously a market for as they seem to be doing that every time i go.

Edited by alexbangsare
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

one thing i would suggest is to ask for the freelance car alarm guy that they call in , he is way better than the fulltime guys they have there... those guys just seem to love cutting the connectors off everything!...they ruined a set of lights i bought for my car because they decided to make the wires shorter and remove all the connectors!

freelance guy is smart and able to think logically and fix problems... i like his work.

most of other guys there are more suited to attacing chrome door handles and hello kitti stickers...which there is obviously a market for as they seem to be doing that every time i go.

Noted, may be a good idea to catch them during the week when they may not be so busy? I assume that their weekend workload could mean a rush job by the hack job team? I am in the process of getting a wiring diagram so there's always a chance that I could do it myself as I am a sparky. The thing would then be getting some clues as to opening up the central console on a new Ranger to fit the electronics box and run the antenna wire, etc.. It's handy to know where the correct 'pressure points' are on these molded plastic trims that snap together seamlessly.