How Much For A New Water Pump?

Before you write off the old one, is it actually running and not pumping? Or just not running?

Currently we dont have water during the day but strangely it comes on late late evening... but its not strong...You can hear a slight noise from the motor but not like before when you could hear it working properly, now its like a humming noise for a few seconds then dies... Took the plug off the top of the pump and water is coming out of there ok its just not pushing through the pump//

Before you write off the old one, is it actually running and not pumping? Or just not running?

Currently we dont have water during the day but strangely it comes on late late evening... but its not strong...You can hear a slight noise from the motor but not like before when you could hear it working properly, now its like a humming noise for a few seconds then dies... Took the plug off the top of the pump and water is coming out of there ok its just not pushing through the pump//

what you have is "air" problem. can be fixed, but cost almost as much as getting a new one and no guarantee problem will not return.

had same problem before, just change and live headache free for the next 10 years, thats how long my first one lasted(taking care of 20 rooms)

looks that way... Is it easy to replace yourself.. Do you just undo the wiring on old pump then replace new pump in exact spot, rewire and then its sorted..Or do i have to find a thai electrician?

sorry can not help you here, i am useless when it comes to this things, i got handyman to do the job, its not only the electric but also the pipes.

if you do not know any handy man, can always ask the shop if they have someone to install.

from memory i paid 2000 baht to install it but it did take him like 5 or so hours at least because of the pipes.

the guy i used was expansive but he comes when i call

looks that way... Is it easy to replace yourself.. Do you just undo the wiring on old pump then replace new pump in exact spot, rewire and then its sorted..Or do i have to find a thai electrician?

sorry can not help you here, i am useless when it comes to this things, i got handyman to do the job, its not only the electric but also the pipes.

if you do not know any handy man, can always ask the shop if they have someone to install.

from memory i paid 2000 baht to install it but it did take him like 5 or so hours at least because of the pipes.

the guy i used was expansive but he comes when i call

2000 baht sod that... Ill just use the existing pipes on this one now..

Oddly enough I had the same problem last week. On Wednesday night (they nearly always fail at night) my Mitsubishi well pump WP 305 stopped pumpind but the motor kept running.

I heard it at 6 am and switched the pump off as there was no water being pumped and the motor was very hot.

I got out my old Mitsu 205 pump and swapped all the bits I could from one to the other but it still didn't work.

I unbolted the 305 (6 years old) and put the 205 (11 years old but a bit dodgy) up on the bench to free up the motor as it has been out of use for a while.

Fixed that and bolted the 205 in place, ignored the leaky input gasket and fired it up. It worked after a fashion but kept cycling so I fixed the input leak (mostly), ignored the cycling and we have water.

On Saturday night the 205 thinks, bugger this for a lark and IT stops pumping the same as the 305, however on Saturday afternoon I got my old LG pump out and started to fix that as it has been sitting around for about 6 years.

I don't throw much away.

I finally got that fixed on Sunday morning and unbolted the 205.

Now Mitsu have the input on the top and the output on the bottom opposite each other so a swap is easy however the LG is input on top, output on the bottom but at right angles.

So I cut and modify the input piping to fit and that works apart from a small drip on the output which again I ignore.

Fire it up and we have water again albeit a a lower pressure.

Go down to the village and the Mitsu pump prices are

105 4,500 baht

205 5,500 baht

305 6,390 baht

The 10,20 or 30 indicates the power consumption in watts and the larger the pump the more pressure and the higher it will pump vertically.

Lessons to learn.

Don't throw anything away for at least 10 years and learn how to be a plumber, it's easy and an electrician, tricky at times.

My wife said to me, why don't you leave it to Richart, a Thai guy who works for us now and again doing odd jobs that I can't or don't want to do.

Shcouldn't understand when I tried to explain that apart from the Mum who lives with us I have been an engineer longer than any of them have been alive.

Edited by billd766

Oddly enough I had the same problem last week. On Wednesday night (they nearly always fail at night) my Mitsubishi well pump WP 305 stopped pumpind but the motor kept running.

I heard it at 6 am and switched the pump off as there was no water being pumped and the motor was very hot.

I got out my old Mitsu 205 pump and swapped all the bits I could from one to the other but it still didn't work.

I unbolted the 305 (6 years old) and put the 205 (11 years old but a bit dodgy) up on the bench to free up the motor as it has been out of use for a while.

Fixed that and bolted the 205 in place, ignored the leaky input gasket and fired it up. It worked after a fashion but kept cycling so I fixed the input leak (mostly), ignored the cycling and we have water.

On Saturday night the 205 thinks, bugger this for a lark and IT stops pumping the same as the 305, however on Saturday afternoon I got my old LG pump out and started to fix that as it has been sitting around for about 6 years.

I don't throw much away.

I finally got that fixed on Sunday morning and unbolted the 205.

Now Mitsu have the input on the top and the output on the bottom opposite each other so a swap is easy however the LG is input on top, output on the bottom but at right angles.

So I cut and modify the input piping to fit and that works apart from a small drip on the output which again I ignore.

Fire it up and we have water again albeit a a lower pressure.

Go down to the village and the Mitsu pump prices are

105 4,500 baht

205 5,500 baht

305 6,390 baht

The 10,20 or 30 indicates the power consumption in watts and the larger the pump the more pressure and the higher it will pump vertically.

Lessons to learn.

Don't throw anything away for at least 10 years and learn how to be a plumber, it's easy and an electrician, tricky at times.

My wife said to me, why don't you leave it to Richart, a Thai guy who works for us now and again doing odd jobs that I can't or don't want to do.

Shcouldn't understand when I tried to explain that apart from the Mum who lives with us I have been an engineer longer than any of them have been alive.

can you say all that again?giggle.gif

Ok i have bout a new mits pump identical to the old one... The problem is it has a plug on the end of the wire while the old one runs along the wall into the kitchen and then connected to a switch that turns it off and on... How do i rectify this as the plug is to short to reach to the kitchen for a power source..... I hope im not confusing you all as im clueless with electrics...

I am no electrician but, cut the plug off, strip the outer plastic off and tape the same colours together with your old supply wiring. Bash a 2 metre earth rod in the ground near the pump and connect a separate wire to a pump motor screw and to the rod. smile.png

I am no electrician but, cut the plug off, strip the outer plastic off and tape the same colours together with your old supply wiring. Bash a 2 metre earth rod in the ground near the pump and connect a separate wire to a pump motor screw and to the rod. smile.png

Was thinking that but now nice to know you think the same lol... cheers

• 2 weeks later...