Enraged Pattaya Bartender Chops Up A Drunk Customer

Rimmer

Enraged Pattaya Bartender Chops Up A Drunk Customer

PATTAYA:-- A Pattaya frozen-cocktail bartender got so furious at drunken threats from a costumer from Srakaeo, he grabbed a large knife and began slicing up the drunken man, who suffered near-fatal injuries but is recovering at the hospital.

PATTAYA – July 9, 2012 [PDN]; At 1 a.m., Pol.Lt.Capt. Pallop Ringrod, vice crime suppression inspector of Pattaya Police Station, Chonburi, heard reports that a man was chopped by a knife with near fatal wounds at a frozen cocktail bar named Son Khontai, located at the corner near Euro Grand Hotel in soi Bongkot , moo 9, tambon Nongprue, amphoe Banglamung, Chonburi. The injured man was reported to be about 200 meters from the bar.

Several police officer were sent in response, along with the rescue team from Sawang Boriboon Foundation Pattaya, who were called to aid the victim. At the crime scene, they found the injured man, Mr. Komkrit Mangmee, 27, who was living in a house at 83 tambon Koklan , amphoe Taphraya, Sakaeo. He was sitting on a chair, still bleeding heavily from many large wounds on his body: in the middle of his head, nape of his neck, his upper right arm, left shoulder, and the back of his left hand.

Mr. Komkrit was crying in pain from his deadly injuries. Many people were standing nearby to comfort him, telling him to be patient and wait for the rescue team. The arriving rescue team gave him a first aid, then sent him to Banglamung hospital. His wife also went to the hospital with him.

Many witnesses told police that they saw Mr. Komkrit being chopped brutally many times by the enraged bartender.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...drunk-customer/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-07-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Pattaya frozen-cocktail bartender got so furious at drunken threats from a costumer from Srakaeo, he grabbed a large knife and began slicing up the drunken man, who suffered near-fatal injuries but is recovering at the hospital.

I tell you, all the costumer are such trouble makers

• Like 2

Wow - I'm sure the people reading that paper are really keen on knowing the complete addresses of everyone and everywhere involved (well, they did skip the postal codes for some reason). Suprised they didn't include telephone numbers and birth dates, just to be sure.

• Like 1

Bars, alcohol, and knife wielding bartenders - sounds like a good reason take the wife to a nice dinner, movie and walk on the beach.

did you always previously take your wife to a bar only?

OK. Now we know exactly who the perpetrator is. The bartender at the frozen cocktail bar named Son Khontai, located at the corner near Euro Grand Hotel in soi Bongkot , moo 9, tambon Nongprue, amphoe Banglamung, Chonburi. Time to arrest him, and charge him with attempted murder. Should be tried and convicted, and sent to prison for 20-40 years. And his family should be fined a minimum of 2,000,000 baht, paid to the victim. Certainly there may have been mitigating circumstances. But, an annoying patron can be slapped around. Not chopped up with a machete, or a large knife. This savage goon needs to spend the next 4 decades getting punished by his fellow inmates. He has no business being out on the streets, much less behind a bar. Obviously this bar is not famous for good customer service!

cheesy.gif , did you actually bother to read the the OP?

He was arrested and is being charged

Coffee???

Poor man, Many bars have staff with no customer skills. They should be able to handle abuse without violence.

why should staff take the abuse?

Oh... so they shouldn't and then such brutal retaliatory attacks such as this one and shootings are fully justified?

As is the case with most Thai's in hospitality and public service postions (with the exception of 5 star resorts),.. not nearly enough training or proper staff selection are applied!

• Like 1

Poor man, Many bars have staff with no customer skills. They should be able to handle abuse without violence.

Oh... so they shouldn't and then such brutal retaliatory attacks such as this one and shootings are fully justified?

As is the case with most Thai's in hospitality and public service postions (with the exception of 5 star resorts),.. not nearly enough training or proper staff selection are applied!

i see so the hotels and bars should train the staff to be a punching bag, so the drunken idiot can feel better about himself after spending few buck?

So what training would be suggest? perhaps something like customer is always right?

So when the idiot is standing there and calling staff pedo or whatever else under the sun, staff should agree?

or better yet when the idiot says he will come back and shoot the staff, staff should say "welcome"blink.png

• Like 1

As opposed to what? Can I infer from your question that you feel it appropriate to respond to words with knives? And where do you draw the line? Is ot OK for a bartender to kill someone because he didn't like the words he heard? What about a policeman? Should he just murder anyone that says something that hurts his sensibilities? My God. What kind of an upbringing have you had? You poor fragile emotional whimp. I think you had better take note of your response to the OP and get some help before your own actions become your destruction.

Bars, alcohol, and knife wielding bartenders - sounds like a good reason take the wife to a nice dinner, movie and walk on the beach.

Wow, you really ARE offensive. Does that mean we all have your permission to cut you into little pieces, or do you reserve that right only for bartenders?

As opposed to what? Can I infer from your question that you feel it appropriate to respond to words with knives? And where do you draw the line? Is ot OK for a bartender to kill someone because he didn't like the words he heard? What about a policeman? Should he just murder anyone that says something that hurts his sensibilities? My God. What kind of an upbringing have you had? You poor fragile emotional whimp. I think you had better take note of your response to the OP and get some help before your own actions become your destruction.

Wellll, if someone threatens my life, i sure prefer to take action first and i much rather be charged than dead.

That is NOT to condone the actions of the bartender and perhaps another reason why police have not laid the full charges as of yet as they want to hear from the other partythumbsup.gif

But you are welcome to accept abuse for 100 baht and wait to be shot or stabbed in the name of customer service and making 100 bahtwai.gif

Wow, you really ARE offensive. Does that mean we all have your permission to cut you into little pieces, or do you reserve that right only for bartenders?

blink.png what does your post have to do with my post?blink.png

And do share with me when did you become the speaker for "WE ALL"?

A Pattaya frozen-cocktail bartender got so furious at drunken threats from a costumer from Srakaeo, he grabbed a large knife and began slicing up the drunken man, who suffered near-fatal injuries but is recovering at the hospital.

I tell you, all the costumer are such trouble makers

Miles and Miles in the Land of Smiles as long as you have you wallet open and your mouth shut.
  • Like 2

Time to take a deep breath and get a life, my friend. This story obviously hit too close to home. The customer used WORDS. Only words. Ask any seven year old what the proper response should be and he is likely to do far better than you on the test. I am sitting here giving thanks that you do not control any nuclear weapons or the entire world would be at risk.

The bartender had all the power in this situation. If he chose, he could have allowed the unpleasant comments to continue, or he could have had the customer ejected. If he had the skills, he could have given witty retorts to embarass the customer into being quiet. Any of those responses would be fine. Escalating the situation to that of a life-threatening physical assault where he slashed again and again into vital areas of the irritating but defenseless customer's body should not seem like an acceptable response for even a second. If you have even the slightest doubt about this, then I beg you to seek help, not just for your sake and that of your family, but for the entire community. This is serious stuff. Not just for the bartender who obviously cannot control his rages and knows no limits, but for you as well.

Peace, my friend, and good luck.

Ok master post-4641-1156694083.gif , when i need and want training on how to deal with an abusive and threatening patron i will be sure to contact yousleepy.gif

PS. Love to hear your opinion on the matter after you see your co-worker shot point blank in the face

Ah, that changes everything. I did not realize that the bartender's co-worker was shot point blank in the face by the drunk customer, and the bartender was trying to defend himself after threats of the same against himself. In that case I would agree that the bartender should do whatever necessary to protect himself. Since the hot and smoking gun in the hand of the drunken customer would not allow the bartender time to run and hide the way he did immediately after his brutal and cowardly attempted murder of the customer by cutting off the customer's head and arms was justified and brave. OTOH, if the events were only what was reported in the newspaper, then the gun, the murdered co-worker, the threats to the bartender's life, and even the danger to the bartender, all exist only in your mind ... and THAT should be a serious signal to you. It certainly is for me. Just saying.

Wow... that seems like a pretty silly comment.

But I think I get it... you are just joking, right?!

not at all. staff is there to serve drinks, they are certainly not there to be a punching bag, do you think its silly to assume that? and believe staff who work in the bar are there to be abused and threatened?

Time to take a deep breath and get a life, my friend. This story obviously hit too close to home. The customer used WORDS. Only words. Ask any seven year old what the proper response should be and he is likely to do far better than you on the test. I am sitting here giving thanks that you do not control any nuclear weapons or the entire world would be at risk.

The bartender had all the power in this situation. If he chose, he could have allowed the unpleasant comments to continue, or he could have had the customer ejected. If he had the skills, he could have given witty retorts to embarass the customer into being quiet. Any of those responses would be fine. Escalating the situation to that of a life-threatening physical assault where he slashed again and again into vital areas of the irritating but defenseless customer's body should not seem like an acceptable response for even a second. If you have even the slightest doubt about this, then I beg you to seek help, not just for your sake and that of your family, but for the entire community. This is serious stuff. Not just for the bartender who obviously cannot control his rages and knows no limits, but for you as well.

Peace, my friend, and good luck.

Ok master post-4641-1156694083.gif , when i need and want training on how to deal with an abusive and threatening patron i will be sure to contact yousleepy.gif

PS. Love to hear your opinion on the matter after you see your co-worker shot point blank in the face

Ah, that changes everything. I did not realize that the bartender's co-worker was shot point blank in the face by the drunk customer, and the bartender was trying to defend himself after threats of the same against himself. In that case I would agree that the bartender should do whatever necessary to protect himself. Since the hot and smoking gun in the hand of the drunken customer would not allow the bartender time to run and hide the way he did immediately after his brutal and cowardly attempted murder of the customer by cutting off the customer's head and arms was justified and brave. OTOH, if the events were only what was reported in the newspaper, then the gun, the murdered co-worker, the threats to the bartender's life, and even the danger to the bartender, all exist only in your mind ... and THAT should be a serious signal to you. It certainly is for me. Just saying.

boringbeatdeadhorse.gif

i see so the hotels and bars should train the staff to be a punching bag, so the drunken idiot can feel better about himself after spending few buck?

So what training would be suggest? perhaps something like customer is always right?

So when the idiot is standing there and calling staff pedo or whatever else under the sun, staff should agree?

or better yet when the idiot says he will come back and shoot the staff, staff should say "welcome"blink.png

No.

The point is he didn't have to almost kill the guy.

Maybe some punch up or call a few friends and kick his ass outa there.

But almost kill him.

Not !

Turn a conner of your house into a bar, or in your Garden make something nice,buy assorted drinks and park them there,whats the use wasting once money on bar ungrateful people who do not know that a customer is always right?

I think we should have a law that all Thais,before graduating from school MUST travel to another country to see how life is outside Thailand,sometimes i feel sick when i hear news coming out from Thailand

Edited by ANTIRACIST

Wow... that seems like a pretty silly comment.

But I think I get it... you are just joking, right?!

not at all. staff is there to serve drinks, they are certainly not there to be a punching bag, do you think its silly to assume that? and believe staff who work in the bar are there to be abused and threatened?

Agreed the bartender is there to serve patrons and not be abused. But do you not see the ridiculously disproprotionate response? The drunk patron was verbally abusing/threatening the bartender (unless there's more to the story not included in the OP). For that he merits a knife attack to his head, neck, and arms? Holy <deleted>! What justice system do you subscribe to?!