All Honda Phantom Owners - What Gas Do You Use?

jimmym40

It depends on the year of your model, not all are the same. Later ones can take 91 gasohol or the benzine. Earlier ones can only take benzine, no ethanol at all. I'm not sure when Honda started making them gasohol compatible. As said above, ask in the motorcycle forum.

I have had a 2005 Phantom for over 3 years now and I usually use 95 from the local pump and on the odd ocaission I have used 91 benzine and there isn't much difference in performance as it runs OK on either.

Mine has the catalytic converter in the exhaust pipe so if I break it that's 10k baht gone.

They stopped building them a couple of years ago and current rumour has it that there will be a replacement "soon", possibly a 250cc V twin, or not.

I had an older Phantom and Gasahol ruined the Carb ,needing replacement .Although newer ones can run on it i wiuld play safe and use 91 gasoline .The bike is frugal on gas anyway .

I bought a new Phantom 5 years ago. Now has 55000 km. Have always used regular 91 but a few weeks ago put a tankful of the 91 gasohol in and started having occasional rough running for a few seconds. Not a real big problem but I am going to avoid the gasohol from now on. This Phantom has been a great bike. Other than a broken speedometer cable I have not a had a single mechanical or engine problem. With good routine maintenance and oil changes I expect this bike is good for another 50k at least, but I will probably buy one of those new Phantoms I keep hearing about before this one dies.

Thanks to all. I've been using 91 gasohol since bought new 5 yrs ago. Runs okay, but sometimes hard starting. Just was wondering how others faired using gasohol. Would it be okay to switch to 91 benzine after all these years?

Thanks to all. I've been using 91 gasohol since bought new 5 yrs ago. Runs okay, but sometimes hard starting. Just was wondering how others faired using gasohol. Would it be okay to switch to 91 benzine after all these years?

What does your owners manual say?

I have two Phantom's one is the 2 stroke 150cc which is 17 tears old the other 200 cc 6 years old the only thing I do not put in is diesel however I find that my 2 stroke loves the gasahol It is very rare I put in the old 91 I tend to use the new stuff 95 and they both run superb fingers crossed !!!!

I always use the 95. A few baht more but I feel it's worth it.

I assume you mean gasohol 95 ? and not Benzine 95 which is very very hard to find. As far as I know my Honda Wave should only be fed Benzine. I would guess the Phantom is the same.

My Honda dealer told me that they will not be making a new model as they are concentrating on building a new scooter factory in Thailand to build scooters up to and including 500 cc my 150 cc has more than 65,000 clicks on it and in 6 years of owning it has never let me down My 200 cc which is 6 years old has only got 9,000 clicks on it I love the 150cc but the mrs prefers going out on the 200 cc Have my oil changed every 5000, clicks although the dealer tells me it only needs to be done every 10,000 but to me I was always taught oil change was the most important thing Owned a Truimph stag in the UK for 25 years never let me down but I did change the oil every 3,000 miles

I always use the 95. A few baht more but I feel it's worth it.

I assume you mean gasohol 95 ? and not Benzine 95 which is very very hard to find. As far as I know my Honda Wave should only be fed Benzine. I would guess the Phantom is the same.

The owner manual of my Wave says 91, Gasohol 91 and 95 as well as E20. There is a sticker on the tank that says 91E10

I've used them all