Bicycles In Chiangmai

RxDan

I bought one at Chaitawat shop on Ratchapakinai road (opposite Bodhi Serene), it is a small shop but service is good and have good bikes, or you can try Yong Jakkayan on Sripoom road, there is also another bigger shop on Huay Kaew road but I do not know the name.

Link below shows most of bicycle shops in Chiang Mai.

http://maps.google.c...006899&t=m&z=17

If by "ordinary bikes" you mean road bikes, then your best bet for a good selection of bikes is Chaitawat, near the SE corner of the moat as mentioned above, and Jacky which has a bigger selection of road bikes.

I'd stay away from Tesco, Big C, etc because most of what they sell is junk and they will have very few, if any, road bikes.

If you want the biggest selection, you should go to the huge bike shop in Pasang where they have hundreds of bikes on display.

Chaitawat bike shop has also a fews Giant bikes, mostly they have Merida and Trek brand for mountain bike.

Worldbike in Bangkok is a distributor of Giant, you can check their website for the model you like.

http://www.worldbike.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

You can search also for Probike, they have also Giant and Trek, Shimano,...brand.

Got a Meadow make mountain bike at big C ,just 6 months ago and already its falling apart .Although kept onder cover there is lots of rust and a few of the spokes have broken in the front wheel .It was cheap enough though at B4,000 .

15,000 will get you a nice Trek Mt. Bike (not a bike that looks like a mt. bike) that will do for most riding on street and off-road, it will last for years and can be used if one gets more into the sport. I've even raced mine but the poor results were nothing to do with the quality of the build!

15,000 will get you a nice Trek Mt. Bike (not a bike that looks like a mt. bike) that will do for most riding on street and off-road, it will last for years and can be used if one gets more into the sport. I've even raced mine but the poor results were nothing to do with the quality of the build!

15,000 is cheap to a bike enthusiast but not so cheap for someone who just wants something to ride to the market.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I bought one bike at Song Jakayan and another at Cherry. Can't say enough good things about Song. They have 2 shops; one on the moat and another on the way to Airport Plaza. Customer service is excellent. Haven't had a need to go back to Cherry but the transaction was smooth and they offered free service for the life of the bicycle (parts, if needed, extra of course).

15,000 is cheap to a bike enthusiast but not so cheap for someone who just wants something to ride to the market.

As he said that he was looking for a Mt. Bike or ordinary bike while considering that anto said his 4000 bht Meadow brand is, at 6 mtnhs old, already falling apart I still rec. buying something that will last and one will be able to use for more than going to the store if one grows into the sport esp. since he never said what he was going to use it for. Basically you get what you pay for. Think how long it can takes one to spend 15,000 bht at a bar so it really is a matter of priorities.

If by "ordinary bikes" you mean road bikes, then your best bet for a good selection of bikes is Chaitawat, near the SE corner of the moat as mentioned above, and Jacky which has a bigger selection of road bikes.

I'd stay away from Tesco, Big C, etc because most of what they sell is junk and they will have very few, if any, road bikes.

If you want the biggest selection, you should go to the huge bike shop in Pasang where they have hundreds of bikes on display.

So where is Pasang then??? how far from CM city any directions??

Edited by wildpikey

So where is Pasang then??? how far from CM city any directions??

I don't use GPS or google maps. Sorry. Pasang is just east of SanPaTong. It's on every map of the area. The bike shop is on the main road thru town.

Jacky Bike ,Sirimangkalan soi 13 sells top notch road and mountain bikes. Good service too.

Jacky Bike is on Nimmanhaemin Soi 13 as per the map linked above. Nimman sois and Sirimankalajarn sois so not line up.

Jacky sells Treks and Trek-owned brands for the same price as other shops.

YMMV as to service.