Problem With Neighbor

expat63

you need a realality check,6/7am is not early,you will do well to leave it or you might end up having more on you plate than some early morning music,ask him if he has any val doonican songs,you should have learnt by know dont mess with the thai's,we are in their country.t.i.t.

Absolutely agree.

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Best to leave it alone, because if his dispute with the neighbor escalates, the last thing the OP needs is the police making inquiries about him and better to keep a low profile.

Couple of absolutely rubbish posts these.

Dealing with this same thing now. Here is what to do.

1. You stay out of any direct involvement with the guy from here out. You have expressed your position and he has said piss on that. I would not have recommended you talk to him directly in the first place.

2. You can talk to his landlord first, (or even better, for those reading this that rent, talk to your own landlord) Talk directly to your landlord unless you have a Thai spouse that isn't going to put the "Mai pen rai" watered down spin on the message that most Thai's will do.

3. Lastly, you find out who the neighborhood captain is. Every residential neighborhood in Thailand has a community leader and resolving disputes such as these without the involvement of the police is one of their jobs. You may need to tip them. This is your best chance at a positive resolution.

4. If all the above does not work, and it is that important to you will need to make a report to the police. Though like everything else it's not often enforced, there is a law in Thailand that states people cannot be so load as to be disruptive to others any time of day. And like everything else in Thailand, you may need to tip the cops to see any action on it.

what planet do you live on.t.i.t.

Must agree.

Government officials in my area broadcast on huge speakers, for my and everyones enjoyment in a vast area, bah.gif at 6 o'clock in the <S_____nip!> morning, talking total crap ending with a naff song. WHAT chance does the OP have. ?

Edited by metisdead

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to feel lucky that you do not live in one of the very rural villages in the North East where the locals tend to go to bed around 8pm and are up and about at 5pm. School children have to leave the house at 7am to catch a bus to school. If there is a marraige or death or a part for one of the young men who is going to be a monk for three months, there is music continuously for 3 days. Also you have to contend with the local temples where the monks start their chanting/singing/prayers at 4am. this is loud and can be heard just about anywhere in the village. I would hate to live very near the Temple as some do but if I was I would have to adjust my sleeping habits or move to another location. There is no way I could go to the monks to ask them to turn down the volume of their sound system. As it is, it is like living near a railway line or airport you get used to it and though the noise is still there it does not bother you. You said your wife has gone to work by the time the music starts up so she is not affected. Do you not go to bed together and get up together.!!

You said your wife has gone to work by the time the music starts up so she is not affected. Do you not go to bed together and get up together.!!

Sure we get up in the morning together about 5.30. I have work to do as well. I am working for a German company in Bangkok, but do 90% of the work from home.

you need a realality check,6/7am is not early,you will do well to leave it or you might end up having more on you plate than some early morning music,ask him if he has any val doonican songs,you should have learnt by know dont mess with the thai's,we are in their country.t.i.t.

Absolutely agree.

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Best to leave it alone, because if his dispute with the neighbor escalates, the last thing the OP needs is the police making inquiries about him and better to keep a low profile.

Nonsense.

As a resident of the property (married to the owner at that) he has exactly the same right to complain as, say, a Thai wife of a Thai man who owned the building.

It is not against the law to buy property for other people, that's why in Lands Department property sales documentation there is a bit for "holder of chanote" and a separate bit for "buyer". A police investigation into expat63's residence of the tuek-taew would go something like "expat63 resides with his lawful wife in her property, for which he provided part of the money to purchase. The end."

Edited by Trembly

Same with my neighbor until recently. Except he's allegedly a 'grown up' with a family. He has a pick up equipped with a 5 million watt amplifier and dustbin lid sized speakers. He 'd play jungle pop on Sunday mornings, which literally shook my wall with the bass tones. The neighbors [ all Thai ] often commented to me how inconsiderate and annoying he was. He also does his own mechanical repairs to his car. This involves tinkering and then revving the engine to redline for about an hour [with music playing of course].

One day I'd had enough. After countless polite requests to turn it down over months, I snapped and yelled at his face, rudely. Yes, it's my fault, I broke the non-confrontational rule. After an hour of shocking silence from his house, his friend arrived and they came over to my place to deal with the farang. Together with his friend, a portly, chain smoking oaf, he shouted things like "I kill you" and "You go America" at me over my front fence. By this time all the neighbors were in the street telling him to cut it out. The Mooban chief guy came to my house and kindly reassured me that everyone had a problem with this noisy guy with his noisy sound system, his engine revving and his 3 tortured, insane dogs which bark incessantly day and night, so I needn't worry, he has been told. And this apparently worked. No longer does he blast music or rev his car. He still beats his 3 dogs daily with a bit of 4 by 2 causing blood curdling canine screams which upset everyone, but what can you do?

I had the same thing and as you, the kind way, the bad way wasn't a solution. Even the bad way can be dangerous for you and your wife.

What did worked: I turn on the music very loud for several days between 2 till 5 am. After few days, some neighboor came to complain, I said, ok: But as noone does anything against this guy for few weeks already, I will stop when he trun it down, so we all have went to ask him and did worked.

Unity is strongest ;)

Hope can help, but never get mad or threat the guy

Same with my neighbor until recently. Except he's allegedly a 'grown up' with a family. He has a pick up equipped with a 5 million watt amplifier and dustbin lid sized speakers. He 'd play jungle pop on Sunday mornings, which literally shook my wall with the bass tones. The neighbors [ all Thai ] often commented to me how inconsiderate and annoying he was. He also does his own mechanical repairs to his car. This involves tinkering and then revving the engine to redline for about an hour [with music playing of course].

One day I'd had enough. After countless polite requests to turn it down over months, I snapped and yelled at his face, rudely. Yes, it's my fault, I broke the non-confrontational rule. After an hour of shocking silence from his house, his friend arrived and they came over to my place to deal with the farang. Together with his friend, a portly, chain smoking oaf, he shouted things like "I kill you" and "You go America" at me over my front fence. By this time all the neighbors were in the street telling him to cut it out. The Mooban chief guy came to my house and kindly reassured me that everyone had a problem with this noisy guy with his noisy sound system, his engine revving and his 3 tortured, insane dogs which bark incessantly day and night, so I needn't worry, he has been told. And this apparently worked. No longer does he blast music or rev his car. He still beats his 3 dogs daily with a bit of 4 by 2 causing blood curdling canine screams which upset everyone, but what can you do?

Buy him a 1 month holiday to Koh Phi Phi and hope for the best. smile.png

Wouldn't the head of your Moo Ban not take action if your neighbour is regularly beating his dogs as well as the associated howling? I guess the process includes the head of the Moo Ban talking to some neighbours to see if they are also unhappy with the situation.

non-confrontational rule?? In Thailand???

Yelling at each other is in Thailand more common than in Europe....saw it many times.....Only thing that works.

crazy.gif

Not every Thai girl grow up in Isaan you know

And not every Isaan female is a conniving ex-hooker without a pot to piss in you dolt.

Where do I mention ex-hookers

Well if I'm in error ( for which I humbly apologise) you can remove my comment about ex-hooker and then kindly explain the exact meaning of your comment about Isaan women.

It does not need a rocket scientist to decipher what he meant....w00t.gif

Yesterday evening, after 2 hours with shit again, I talked with the boy and the son of the boss. They turn quicly the music down and the son answer only krap, krap, krap, krap... bla bla bla

This morning same shit. I am agree with my wife that we invite 10-15 people from her staf this weekend for some serious Lao drinking. Then we going to have a proper talk with the owner. Make it very clear that this can not continue......

Hopfully he understand that we are not alone and maybe be careful in the future. My wifes staf support her 100% in everything

It seems like they don’t care. This boy have probably grown up in the jungle some place and never learn to behave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your attitude speaks volumes. bah.gif

Wrong. My wife earn enought to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still ovn the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Yeah right, , what you gonna do , dismantle the house brick by brick and carry it away ?

Hopfully he understand that we are not alone and maybe be careful in the future. My wifes staf support her 100% in everything

Like getting into a potentially deadly confrontation with another group of Thais because they play music....you're a dreamer mate.

Edited by Banzai99

Your attitude speaks volumes. bah.gif

So you think I have a problem with my attitude? I dont know. Maybe, but luckily I am the one that have to deal with it wink.png

I sympathise with your predicament. It's pretty easy to be flippant when you don't have this problem. Some people have no consideration for others no matter what part of the world you come from, and the response "why dont you &lt;deleted&gt; off back to your own country" is pretty much what rednecks and other lo-so types say the world over when confronted about their bad behaviour. Can you as a foreigner imagine trying to reason with some soccer hooligan in the UK who was playing his music loud at 3am? Thailand is no different.

Edited by giddyup

Like getting into a potentially deadly confrontation with another group of Thais because the play music....you're a dreamer mate.

I dont bother to explain. You probably dont understand anyway. Since it seems you have a deep understandness for Thai culture. Can I ask how long you have lived here?

"why dont you &lt;deleted&gt; off back to your own country" is pretty much what rednecks and other lo-so types say the world over when confronted about their bad behaviour. Thailand is no different.

Exactly, you adapt to the way of life or move from where you are. You think these Thai guys give a toss, I know I wouldn't if was Thai.

Thais have got it made ( In Thailand) Farangs seem to be shit scared of them and will bow a scrape to avoid confrontation, many Farangs think ALL Thai guys are stone dead Killers just looking for an excuse to explode with extreme violence. LOL.

Thai guys know this, and at certain times exploit it.

• Like 1

Like getting into a potentially deadly confrontation with another group of Thais because the play music....you're a dreamer mate.

I dont bother to explain. You probably dont understand anyway. Since it seems you have a deep understandness for Thai culture. Can I ask how long you have lived here?

22 years this year.

22 years this year.

Then you should been here long enough to know what to do.

Like getting into a potentially deadly confrontation with another group of Thais because they play music....you're a dreamer mate.

When there such people, I start to understand that some Thais hate Farangs....Play the music too loud and the Farangs want to beat you up.....

My answer was based on that everybody think that all Thai ladies are poor and need a farang to take care of them.

Please don't include me in your "everybody" cognitive distortion.

When there such people, I start to understand that some Thais hate Farangs....Play the music too loud and the Farangs want to beat you up.....

Can you please read the tread before you make such a stupid comments.

Wrong. My wife earn enought to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still ovn the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Yeah right, , what you gonna do , dismantle the house brick by brick and carry it away ?

Having the structure professionally valued and then claiming his entitlement to two-thirds of that sum in the event that the property is sold in a divorce sounds like a much better idea.

"why dont you &lt;deleted&gt; off back to your own country" is pretty much what rednecks and other lo-so types say the world over when confronted about their bad behaviour. Thailand is no different.

Exactly, you adapt to the way of life or move from where you are. You think these Thai guys give a toss, I know I wouldn't if was Thai.

Thais have got it made ( In Thailand) Farangs seem to be shit scared of them and will bow a scrape to avoid confrontation, many Farangs think ALL Thai guys are stone dead Killers just looking for an excuse to explode with extreme violence. LOL.

It's only common sense when you're a guest in someone else's country to tread carefully. This doesn't necessarily mean you are "shit scared" but just cautious because the odds are weighed against you. As far as not giving a toss if you were a Thai, what does that mean, that you'd treat falang with no respect? I'm sure there are plenty of Thais who are great neighbours, I know I have them in my village, and there are also a few falang living here that are total f*ckwits. There are a few guys in the village that own Harleys, that take great pleasure in deliberately gunning their motors at full throttle just to make the windows shake. This is to compensate for their cashew size peckers no doubt.

Edited by giddyup

Having the structure professionally valued and then claiming his entitlement to two-thirds of that sum in the event that the property is sold in a divorce sounds like a much better idea.

Its just what we did.

@Banzai99. I really dont know what I have done to you. Maybe you sholud take a break from TV. Go out little and get some fresh air

Most Thai guys have a few mates that can back them up and help them retaliate if they lose face or lose a fight...they know that most farangs are solo travellers or at most have 1 mate as back up....that's why they think they are a bit handy.

They will also believe that the law will be on their side as they thai...you farang!

Its just what we did.

@Banzai99. I really dont know what I have done to you. Maybe you sholud take a break from TV. Go out little and get some fresh air

It's quite obvious really, unless you're an obnoxious troglodyte's bellend in which case you might try to dismantle two-thirds of a farrking undetached shophouse.