Edit Post Time Allowance = Zero Seconds

think_too_mut

Admins,

Many of us type from laptops or tablets or devices other than regular desktop PC.

Spelling errors are innevitable. Coming back to correct them leaves a mark "Edited by.." right away.

Appears that someone had edited the post to omit something important while it was "teh" instead of "the".

Could that be changed to allow say, 15 mins before "Edited by" kicks in? Was it not like that before?

Also, be aware we are not 20-ish old boys and girls, bad sight, fat fingers, etc.

Following on from the OP.

Able to make changes if no-one has replied ... up to say the 15 mins mentioned above.

Sadly, I believe that we will get the appreciative nod from the Admin guys here who will say ... good idea in concept, however difficult to achieve in practise and would require a software rewrite which is something that is both costly and outsourced.

Following on from the OP.

Able to make changes if no-one has replied ... up to say the 15 mins mentioned above.

Sadly, I believe that we will get the appreciative nod from the Admin guys here who will say ... good idea in concept, however difficult to achieve in practise and would require a software rewrite which is something that is both costly and outsourced.

It is configurable, about 1 minute job for admins.

I thunk it would be sensible given the new methods we are all now using to communicate on the forum.

True edits reflect a change of view....which reflects upon posts.

We are not talking "true edits". Just minor spelling corrections.

Someone may say "use spell checker provided by the site". I can not, it is blocked. Even from home (McAfee virus checker).

The reason I have not posted here for 2 years was that most of the content was blocked by the Corp. It took 3-4 blank screenfulls to get to anything. Now it is better but still many "X"s instead whatever TV wants to say or advertise.

TV admins should be aware of that.

Edited by think_too_mut

The request is for another time limit to be in place before the "edited by..." text is inserted into the post. I.e. so that if you make a very quick edit immediately after posting no-one will see that the post has been edited. This is possible in vBulletin, not sure about InVision (the software used by TV) though.

The request is for another time limit to be in place before the "edited by..." text is inserted into the post. I.e. so that if you make a very quick edit immediately after posting no-one will see that the post has been edited. This is possible in vBulletin, not sure about InVision (the software used by TV) though.

That's a trivial thing, all bulletin board software have it. In my VBulletin site it is:

post-7277-0-80376000-1342062843_thumb.pn

ThaiVisa uses InVision, not vBulletin. Just because vBulletin has this setting doesn't mean that InVision will also have it. George can probably confirm though.

I poked around, looks like InVision may not have it.

There are 2 times for editing:

- first, time to make editing possible, which is set to something and that was what George referred to - 15 or 30 minutes. Without it editing would be impossible.

- second, time as grace period before "Edited by" note is inserted. That tunable parameter might be non-existent in the software.