Kasikorn Online Banking Access For Foreign Currency Accounts?

Hi there

Would Kasikorn or any other bank support online banking on foreign currency accounts? Meaning, Can I do a transfer online from / to a foreign currency account when I am abroad via internet? Thank you for your help. JL.

Hi JL,

Depending where you are in Thailand and what visa you have will be the hard part to opening an account.

If in Pattaya I opened mine (Kasikorn) at the Big C North and opened a Internet account on same day.

They used to send pin and passwords via my Yahoo account but now do it to a thai mobile.

Only way around this would to have a thai sim with gobal roaming on it with enough credit to recieve

the pins which are required for most things you do vai the internet.

If you can do this and can put up with the hassle of pins via mobile give it a go.

I have used my Card while in Oz to take money out as well.

Drop into your nearest Kasikorn or phone them and see if thay can help out.

Best of Luck

Wanpen

And did you open a foreign currency account? In what currency? I really doubt it.

JL,

Hope this is off some help ?

Foreign Currency Account

Foreigners can open a Foreign Currency Account (i.e. USD or Euros) in Thailand as well. No fees for the account, but often a minimum amount of 5,000 or 10,000 USD or Euros is requested.

Interest is different, depending on the conditions, bank and on the currency of the account.

Money into a foreign currency account can be put by wiring from abroad (in foreign currency).

Deposit of cash money in foreign currency is limited to 10,000 USD per person and per day and normally only possible for Thai Residents.

Withdrawal is not restricted and you can send money from such accounts to abroad as well.

http://www.bot.or.th/English/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/ExchangeControlLaw.aspx

I can only speak for Kasikorn, i have a normal thai baht account which supports online banking. Kasikorn calls it cyberbanking. From the thai baht account i can also do online transfers to foreign countries.

The Euro account is not online accessible. Also the passbook of this Euro account can only be updated in the bank which opened the account. You can't do it yourself, the self service printer don't work with the foreign currency accounts. On top of that Kasikorn charges about 1200 baht bank fees for every deposit you do.

If you decide to move for example Euro to your Thb account they use the slightly better Telex transfer rates. In Pattaya only a few Kasikorn branches are able to open currency accounts, I use the one next to Tukcom.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

yes easy to get a Fcd  account . went to kasikorn . bank ,pattaya  but does anyone know if you can see this on account somehow on online banking ?   i can see and use my normal bank account online easy .. i thought this account could be tagged onto the normal one . 

On 7/13/2012 at 12:50 AM, Wanphen said:

Hi JL,

Depending where you are in Thailand and what visa you have will be the hard part to opening an account.

If in Pattaya I opened mine (Kasikorn) at the Big C North and opened a Internet account on same day.

They used to send pin and passwords via my Yahoo account but now do it to a thai mobile.

Only way around this would to have a thai sim with gobal roaming on it with enough credit to recieve

the pins which are required for most things you do vai the internet.

If you can do this and can put up with the hassle of pins via mobile give it a go.

I have used my Card while in Oz to take money out as well.

Drop into your nearest Kasikorn or phone them and see if thay can help out.

Best of Luck

Wanpen

was this an foreign currency account ?  to see account online ? at Kasikorn ????