Pay Tax As Farang,Any Reason?

Im loooking at start a co:ltd in Thailand,but i wonder I will pay taxes,social fees every month on my salery.What do I get back? Do I get the right to go to hospital and pay 30 bahts as Thais? Do I get any pension?or just work my ass of,pay a lot for nothing? Is it that i run my company for 20 years and spend milions of baht in tax en then,sorry sir you dont have visa,byebye?Is there any thing I get for all the tax I will pay?

Edited by crille30
  • Like 1

Im loooking at start a co:ltd in Thailand,but i wonder I will pay taxes,social fees every month on my salery.What do I get back? Do I get the right to go to hospital and pay 30 bahts as Thais? Do I get any pension?or just work my ass of,pay a lot for nothing? Is it that i run my company for 20 years and spend milions of baht in tax en then,sorry sir you dont have visa,byebye?Is there any thing I get for all the tax I will pay?

You get the privilege of working in this fine upstanding country that is free from corruption:p

You get the same as Thais. Not a lot. You are confusing tax with social security payments for social you do indeed get access to hospital and retirement payments (don't ever hope to live off them though) but to be fair they are considerable cheaper than the west.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by thaicbr

You get the privilege of working in this fine upstanding country that is free from corruption:p

You get the same as Thais. Not a lot. You are confusing tax with social security payments for social you do indeed get access to hospital and retirement payments (don't ever hope to live off them though) but to be fair they are considerable cheaper than the west.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

ok well then I get something smile.png Just wonder If they will send the retirement money to a another country when thebiggrin.png y change the visa rules again so I have to leave?

If you form any company in Thailand, you'll automatically be required to pay corporate taxes, social security contributions for your staff, as well as personal income tax. Depending on your line of business, you also will have to file VAT and withholding tax payments. It's a real jungle, so you better get yourself a capable accountant.

What you get in return? Well, a work permit (if you're eligible and manage to negotiate the bureaucratic gauntlet), an assortment of tax breaks here and there, and the right to boost the kingdom's GDP, not much else.

And if you hope to one day receive a generous government pension on that you can live, keep hoping. It's better to sign up for a private pension plan. Also, as the company's director you are not eligible for the public healthcare scheme, only your Thai employees are.

When you live in any country you are using the public services & infrastructure which is built & funded by taxpayers money. If you choose to profit by being in that country & to deliberately avoid paying taxes on those profits then you would be considered a leech by the host country.

Think about it.

• Like 1

It seems that with your fine attitude that you already have the answer to your inquiry.......don't open a business

Its a Legitimate Question. In my opinion many small business's up and down the land dont pay tax...at least for the first few years anyway.

It seems that with your fine attitude that you already have the answer to your inquiry.......don't open a business

Its a Legitimate Question. In my opinion many small business's up and down the land dont pay tax...at least for the first few years anyway.

It is rather a naive question at best.

Well if you pay tax you can avoid going to jail for tax evasion. That's probably a reason to pay tax.

When you live in any country you are using the public services & infrastructure which is built & funded by taxpayers money. If you choose to profit by being in that country & to deliberately avoid paying taxes on those profits then you would be considered a leech by the host country.

Think about it.

He is having difficulty.

As the holder a of a work permit you are eligible to buy a car in your own name. This will make you instantly handsome to the local talent and you need never sleep alone again. smile.png

This country derives a substantial proportion of its tax revenue from VAT which everyone contributes to, so nobody is a complete leech.

Edited by Thormaturge

As the holder a of a work permit you are eligible to buy a car in your own name. This will make you instantly handsome to the local talent and you need never sleep alone again. smile.png

This country derives a substantial proportion of its tax revenue from VAT which everyone contributes to, so nobody is a complete leech.

Eh? No one needs a work permit to buy a car in their own name.