Truevision Upgrade Service

I think it is when they finally change to adding the extra HD channels, going to 17 if memory serves, ....

From what I have "glazed over".... you should be able to receive a direct signal from satellite for HD channels and not have to go through cable. (Do not hold me to that, but it is possible, True has made it so that has not been possible) you can find reading on that in technology section of the TV forums.

I have been able to do that with Astro for a couple of years!

Astro has 19 HD channels and one in 3D, (I've not got a 3D telly, so not tried that!!!! )wink.png

Sorry to hear Notmyself, will miss his day in court!!! biggrin.png

Yes i am un happy with true visions.

first they mess up the Euro football now they are cutting us.

they should give us the next 6 months free. there are quite a few saterlites out there does anyone know of any other descent saltterlite telluy other than UBC

they should give us the next 6 months free. there are quite a few saterlites out there does anyone know of any other descent saltterlite telluy other than UBC

Well - they have given everyone a free upgrade for two months (June/July), but I agree Big C - they are not worth the money. Unfortunately I have not found a beter alternative.

A bit like Bandit Airways - we are stuck with both of them whilst they have a monopoly.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Well - they have given everyone a free upgrade for two months (June/July), but I agree Big C - they are not worth the money. Unfortunately I have not found a beter alternative.

A bit like Bandit Airways - we are stuck with both of them whilst they have a monopoly.

I mentioned the alternative above, it's ASTRO. I have been using it for two years now... initially to set up a bit more money but subsequent yearly fee about the same as True...

Just use the 90 cm dish and it's no problem here on Samui... .thumbsup.gif PSI near Tesco Chawang can do....

Maybe not good if you have a Thai wife! (or hubby) he / she'll miss there Thai soap operas!

Edited by samuijimmy

I mentioned the alternative above, it's ASTRO. I have been using it for two years now... initially to set up a bit more money but subsequent yearly fee about the same as True...

Just use the 90 cm dish and it's no problem here on Samui... .thumbsup.gif PSI near Tesco Chawang can do....

Maybe not good if you have a Thai wife! (or hubby) he / she'll miss there Thai soap operas!

have they got all the news channels cnn bbc bcc cbc abc abdcefg?

have they got all the news channels cnn bbc bcc cbc abc?

Yes all of those, except abdcefg, I think you made that one up....tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Aussy Network which is a mix of news and regular programs, CCTV out of China, in English, CNN, BBC, Aljzeera, CNBC, Bloomberg which has that annoying ticker tape running along the bottom of the screen...

So a pretty good mix to keep up with world events as good or bad as they might be! rolleyes.gif

Yes all of those, except abdcefg, I think you made that one up....tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Aussy Network which is a mix of news and regular programs, CCTV out of China, in English, CNN, BBC, Aljzeera, CNBC, Bloomberg which has that annoying ticker tape running along the bottom of the screen...

So a pretty good mix to keep up with world events as good or bad as they might be! rolleyes.gif

Hmmm - do they have Setanta Sports (Rugby) and the F1 races? ermm.gif

I own my own dish and box. I have had them for six years. I today had to discard the perfectly good box for a new one at 3,900 baht.

If I kept the old box, it would only receive the "knowledge package" which is basically the Thai channels. Or something lacking.

From the 16th of July to the 16th of August the fees for your package of choice (I have Gold) are waived and all the HD channels are free for six months.

My old box was analog and therefore although I think that True Visions should have discounted the new HDMI-ready box, it was an inevitable change.

By the way, in my mind, "visions" means something like hallucinations. Another example of poor use of English by a corporation when it would have been simple to check it out beforehand. It's like the health centers here called, "Slim Up Center." Just ask a native speaker -- slim down, fatten up. "Slim up" just sounds like the company is run by morons.

Hmmm - do they have Setanta Sports (Rugby) and the F1 races? ermm.gif

I really don't know, I am not a sports fan..... coffee1.gif ..... so don't subscribe to the selection of those channels.... but there is a pretty big list of sports channels many in HD I believe...

I see when flipping through the channels, that Aussy network shows AFL sometimes.... I assume that means Aust Football League, not American ..... they don't wear all that padding... tongue.png

It's a combo of cricket and rugby I think biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a prize for guessing the identity of "Bandit Airways" and where do i enter the comp ?

Is there a prize for guessing the identity of "Bandit Airways" and where do i enter the comp ?

No prize but you are probably the only foreigner on the island that doesn't know.

I like F1, UK Soccer, Cricket, News and Current Affairs. So who should i go with and what will it cost ?

If you can get Samui Cable - they might be best. I do not know any TV program provider that offers cricket though. I believe the cable option is about 500 - 600 baht a month?

Mind you - it may not be available for a few weeks since UBC changed the encryption. Anyone know?

The guys using the internet version of UBC were down for sure - I do not know how much this one costs per month.