Axa Car Insurance - Any Experience?

funlovinkid

I have a 2011 Toyota Vios which has been insured for a year now with Virayah, but I'm considering switching to AXA. However, I'm getting some vibes from both the broker I'm using, and the AXA office itself, that they're willing to be a bit dishonest with me, and this gives me a bad feeling. If they're dishonest now, how bad could it get when it's time to make a claim? I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience, good or bad, with AXA for car insurance. Many thanks for any feedback!

nothing but posatives from me, i had to use their free break down service, My pick up was collected on a proper transportation truck and taken to a garage who fixed the minor electrical problem for 300 baht. I had gained a few bumps over the years, i went to the office on sukhumvit in Pattaya, my wife did the talking, all 5 dents were sorted on one claim. Would no use anybody else, go to the office direct and no 3% for using a debit card unlike the brokers

I had an AXA policy on my car when I bought it new; I never made a claim so don't have experience either way. I wasn't happy with their quote for renewal; the sum insured was lower than the car's value and the amount of insurance per passenger was low. I found a cheaper quote with higher coverage through a broker. On the bright side, a really hot-sounding ladyboy kept phoning about the AXA renewal so I didn't need to waste any money on phone-sex lines that month!

• 5 months later...

I have had AXA auto coverage on a 7-year old car for 6 months through a broker in Chiang Mai. I and a few others definitely do not recommend using that broker. For instance I have not yet received my policy after all this time and he said it must have been sent by courier, because that's what he always does, but wouldn't resend it, claiming I must have lost it! -- and I do receive other mail here, even DHL. A copy was needed for vehicle registration so I called AXA in CM a month ago and they immediately emailed a copy saying the formal original would be mailed within the week. I received the email immediately, but the formal copy has not yet been received -- I need to call again Monday.

My policy includes emergency road service which they quickly dispatched someone to start a dead battery; however, if I had the problem at my home address it would not be covered. This is quite foreign to what I'm accustomed to in California USA with CSAA, don't know what other companies' policy may be in Thailand.

Edited by MilesCh