Low Season Is Now.. Am I Right?

Me and my family just tried to book one of our favorite hotels at Koh Tao. We are going there in the beginning of august.

But then we noticed that the hotel is fully booked! So then we tried to book our second favorite hotel. Fully booked too!

What the heck? smile.png I thought that it's supoused to be low season in Thailand now?

How come many hotels are fully booked when it is low season in Thailand, and high season in Europe and USA?

Does not compute..

Edited by ricku

Thanks for the info guys.

I am thinking about rescheduling our vacation.

Empty beaches and minimal amounts of tourists is the Thailand that we love.

Edited by ricku

Then book low season in koh tao in november, you should have no trouble. August is not low season in koh tao.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

That's not nice...tongue.png . to tell someone to come in the monsoon season!!!! whistling.gif

Just because some places are fully booked, now, does not mean they all are.... bet it would not be hard to find a place...

Even in the official high season in January - March, it is not that hard.... smile.png

r u on drugs.

low season August????

school holdiay season.

A whole country called Italy closed for the month of August and you are supirsed the hotels are full.

Where r u from the north pole?

Then book low season in koh tao in november, you should have no trouble. August is not low season in koh tao.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

That's not nice...tongue.png . to tell someone to come in the monsoon season!!!! whistling.gif

Just because some places are fully booked, now, does not mean they all are.... bet it would not be hard to find a place...

Even in the official high season in January - March, it is not that hard.... smile.png

Early October as I said...beware of sketcher's advice...he's a nasty piece of work that one...:P

• Like 1

Early October as I said...beware of sketcher's advice...he's a nasty piece of work that one...tongue.png

Hehe thanks. wink.png Yeah, I thought something was odd when he suggested November. I have a friend who went to Samui in November, and he was showering all day every day (rain shower).

I will probably go in October.

r u on drugs.

low season August????

school holdiay season.

A whole country called Italy closed for the month of August and you are supirsed the hotels are full.

Where r u from the north pole?

I am aware of the school holiday season, but I have always thought that europeans don't fly all the way to Thailand when it is hot and sunny in Europe, because it would be kinda silly, i.m.o.

I now see that I was wrong. :P

Edited by ricku

Does not seem like low season where we live.

Tons of fellow europeans here at our hotel atm and it seems like half of Denmark is located at the hotel, and also seems like hotel is pretty full, so no low season here at this hotel.

Can only speak for myself, but the weather in europe is not to be trusted in the summer, so i rather spend some more money and come here to thailand, than to chance it and go to example greece or something.

Plus when you consider the prices in some europeans countries its maybe cheaper to spend 3 weeks in thailand than at home, if you want to go out and dine as drink every day for 3 weeks.