Roku Player Purchase

RioMist

I looking for the same thing, if you hear anything of where to buy in Thailand could you please let me know,

also if I find somewhere, I will let you know too!

Many thanks

I spoke to Roku in Uk and they told me they do not have a dealership in Thailand. They also informed me that most channels would not work here unless you have a VPN. I do have one but I'm not sure if the speed will be enough using my VPN to watch the channels without a lot of buffering. You can buy a unit from Tesco in UK for £49. I'm thinking of buying one and getting a pal to bring it out here. Will let you know how I get on with it

I looking for the same thing, if you hear anything of where to buy in Thailand could you please let me know,

also if I find somewhere, I will let you know too!

Many thanks

I spoke to Roku in Uk and they told me they do not have a dealership in Thailand. They also informed me that most channels would not work here unless you have a VPN. I do have one but I'm not sure if the speed will be enough using my VPN to watch the channels without a lot of buffering. You can buy a unit from Tesco in UK for £49. I'm thinking of buying one and getting a pal to bring it out here. Will let you know how I get on with it

Thank you for your reply. Just a quick word a friend of mine came back form the USA with one and it works perfectly. He had to upgrade his 3BB to 9mb. The only problem he says, between 8pm and 9pm the films tend to freeze owing to other people using the Internet on 3BB, not by him. But I have seen the quality and the stations which are great in my opinion. Awaiting your opinion. Thank you.

Just a quick word a friend of mine came back form the USA with one and it works perfectly. He had to upgrade his 3BB to 9mb. The only problem he says, between 8pm and 9pm the films tend to freeze owing to other people using the Internet on 3BB, not by him.

My connection from here to the US is very good nearly all the time. My connection to Europe (and especially the UK) is quite poor most of the time. There is no way on earth that I could watch streamed video from the UK here, but it works fine from the US.

Unless you have your heart set on the Roku brand see Invade IT's selection of Media Players here:

http://www.invadeit..../media-players/

I recommend the Asus Player here:

http://www.invadeit....player-p007030/

I'm a TOTAL n00b on this subject, so .. Visited the ASUS web site and that thing looks pretty tasty. Does the wifi compromise anything? Do the USB 3.0 models offer any advantages?

• 4 months later...

Thank you for your reply. Just a quick word a friend of mine came back form the USA with one and it works perfectly. He had to upgrade his 3BB to 9mb. The only problem he says, between 8pm and 9pm the films tend to freeze owing to other people using the Internet on 3BB, not by him. But I have seen the quality and the stations which are great in my opinion. Awaiting your opinion. Thank you.

For a U.S. sourced unit, if your friend is accessing U.S. content, is he having to do that thru a VPN or proxy? Or the now required Roku registration process with a credit card covers that instead?

I would imagine, in order to access things like Amazon Instant Video and Pandora on a Roku, that having a U.S. IP address would be required.